Well I'm very relieved this is common. Unfortunately for me, the past few times I've had my period, I've gotten a damn boil right above my clitoral hood. SUCKS. ASS.

I bare the pain and pop it to save myself the extended suffering. I've got a few scars, unfortunately, from other boils in the same region. Wish this could be avoided....

hello all

I have experienced the exact same problem as most of you. On the panty line - 5 days before period and a few days into it. Very sore. Never pops just fades away. Terrible thing is each time I go to the DR. it is gone and I cannot show them what it is. I am so happy more ladies have the same problem. It is definately not hygene related as I shower twice a day morning and after working out in the evening. I definately think it is associated with our periods and that it might be an endometriosis cell that is suppose to be internal but becomes external.

My Gyno stated that this may be a cause.

When endometrial tissue is located in other parts it continues to act in it's normal way: It thickens, breaks down and bleeds each month as the hormone levels rise and fall. However, because there's nowhere for the blood from this mislocated tissue to exit the body, it becomes trapped and surrounding tissue becomes irritated. Trapped blood may lead to growth of cysts. Cysts in turn may form scar tissue and adhesions. This causes pain in the area of the misplaced tissue, usually the pelvis. 

This article deals mostly internal but with the direct colliation to periods this could be something to ask you Dr. about.

It is so painful to sit, stand, walk. I hope the Dr. sees it this week when I go in but it is going down. Augh..... but then again Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  

I have been having this same problem as well.

i always get a purple like boil in the same spot after my periods.

i am only 17 years old so i was really scared when i first saw it

it goes away and then comes back after my periods

i have now seen my boil burst with blood and puss

if anyone knows any treatments to make it better or the cause of this please reply 

I have been having the same problem for the past year or so I couldnt connect it to my periods until the past two months as I was on the implant and have now had it removed.  Every 4 days before my period is due I will get a hot red boil on my butt cheeks sometimes in the same place it is very painful especially to sit and will come to a head after a day or so.  I have been bursting them to ease the pain but if I cant they do tend to go away after 4 days in time for my period to start.  I have been to the doctors and they have done some blood tests but could not come up with anything definative and just offered to get me anti biotics everytime they appear.  I hope someone can come to some sort of conclusion and let us all know as we all seem to want answers!!!

I've had this condition for 5 yrs now.  It started under my left armpit 5 days before my period.  Eventually I got a few under the right armpit.  I then got 1 or 2 around my panty line.  It is ALWAYS before my period.  I can almost pinpoint that my period will start the next day when they finally soften up enough to pop.  It's disgusting and I'm sick of it.  My doctor told this long name for it and said not to really worry about it as the surgery to remove them would be more painful than the boils.  I say BS!  IMO.. it is something we are all eating or drinking that has hormones in it that are either making us have too much of something or not enough.  Obviously Hormonal.  They hurt like heck and last for days.  It's embarrassing, painful and no woman should have to live with this c**p.  What good are doctors?  Pill pushers and m****s all of them.  Guess you'll have to live in agony the rest of your lives.  As if having a period was not bad enough.  Thanks Science. 

You very likely have Hidradenitus supporativa (I don't know if I spelled that right), but it is an inflammatory disease of the Appocine sweat glands (don't know if I spelled Appocine right either!).

This sounds very much like what you all are describing, it took me forever to get a diagnosis! It is awful! I have it in my pubic mound and currently have the worst case of cellulitus in that are.......OMG!!!!!!!  Good luck finding a doctor to help!

I have the same thing, I do believe they are linked to my cycle, but mine NEVER GO AWAY!!! They sorta heal over after my period but never leave the premises. It's like they are waiting around for the next period. I do know that after I had my uterine ablation in 2004 and my period disappeared I was never botherd with them. When my period started back about 5 yrs later so did the boils. Some of mine will head some don't. Last night I did a check and the one that is big, purple, sore and painful, while I pushed on it did drain some of that nasty stuff. But I have another on the opposite side that refuses to drain. I've tried everything, diet, soaps, anitibioitics, creams, cleansers, witch hazel, white panties, no panties etc.  you name it NO relief! Doctors don't seem to get it. They say it is foliculitous, bah! Something ain't right!  My next step is trying to find a doctor that will do another uterine ablation and see if that helps again. However, the OBGYN that I went to for help said I couldn't have another ablation due to the fact that the unterine wall would be to thin. I don't buy it! I've done research and have found lots of women have it done more than once. I am 45 and past the family stage so why do I need a uterous anyway? I'm peri-menapausal so in leiu of a hysterecotmy I would do the ablation. Maybe the ablation will eliminate the boils. It's worth a try, I say.

Also, my son is prone to them too. He had a very bad bout with a pilonidal cyst above his butt crack when he was in his mid teens. Talk about nasty, you've never in your life smelled anything so digusting as what they drained out of that thing. Sometimes I think that what I have is the same thing. But since then he has trouble with boils on the back of his neck and they are identical to the things in my saddle area. I have lanced them for him and it is terrible the stuff that comes out of them! There aught to be relief of some sort for us plagued with these things!

Omg i just went to the bath room & the same thing everyone is saying is happening to me its like the boil is under my skin it first started to itch really bad they it got hard ans it looks like 4 boils together

definitely associated with menustration.  what is missing from all of these responses/blogs is what TYPE/BRAND tampon and/or pads are you using...could it be a chemical in the pad/tampon irritating our skin?

I have the same problem that has been going on for years. It never really concerned me until lately when it seems to get worse instead of just getting one I got 5 in different areas of my body. They show up about 3 to 4 days before I start and by the end they pop and drain then go away till the next month. One doctor tells me it is hormone imbalance another tells me it is celulitis. All I want it for it to stop. WHAT IS IT that is causing this.

It is obvious to me that MD's just don't seem to care. I've been to numerous MD's and they all say...foliculitous... uh, no... I've determined they are a curse from the curse. I posted on here earlier about the ablation I had and while not having a period I was never bothered by them until my period returned and so did the damn boils.  now I am scheduled for a partial hysterectomy next month, since I can't have another ablation.I am ridding myself of my useless uterous so I will soon find out if what we all believe is true... they are period related. I can't wait to be rid of these damnable things. I'm sitting on one now that has been as big as a hickory nut and just as hard! Showed up a couple of days before Aunt Martha(that's what we call the curse in my neck of the woods)  never would head so it's been a bad holiday season for me. The comment about the type of pads/tampons... already thought of that....but ruled it out since they usually have a couple days head start on my period and since I'm not using hygiene products at that time I can safely eliminate that idea. Can't wait for that surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

Damn I was worried I was the only person with the rediculous boil problem. Ive had boils for ages now. But only recently I have noticed that I get them when im about to have my period. But I get them on my eyelids. its annoying and I REALLY REALLY just want to get rid of it. Nothing helps. Im thinking its the pill I am taking. But then again Idk. HELP!

YES !! This is what I use it has been heaven sent I have had this problem for yrs and when I tried BPX it lasted for about 5 yrs with maybe 1 or 2 boils which was great compared to the 7 or 8 I have had at all times. Im taking it now because it evidently has just worn off after about 5 yrs and already it has cleared up all 7 boils and I only have 1 more and havent gotten any new ones so it works pretty fast too.. So glad to have found this product!!!

mrs boil what is bpx

I get the same thing, going to the dr. right now cuz Im sick of it. I had read it could be the Bartholins Gland? that fills up/gets infected? Also, I wondered if its from a Maxi Pad rubbing .. thats all I can thinkof. It doesnt ever pop, just goes back down and comes back around my period. I'm 48. Just go away already periods I dont need you anyway!!! I hate getting old...  Good LorXD d