Well that's good to hear that it wasn't as bad as he had seen so that's better news, right? How have things been going? Is the silver cream still working or are you still using it?

Yes. I am still using the silver cream. The right side has closed up, but the left side had opened back up, (not all of it, thank God) about 3 weeks ago, so I continue to use the cream. Don't know how long it will take to close back up again. Sometimes it's very sore, at other time I don't know It's there.

I'm glad to hear that at least both sides didn't open up again, and that the left side only stayed slightly open. HOw are things going? Are you recovering well?

Thanks. Right now it's Extremely sore...half the time I don't feel it. But I'm due for my period any day now, and for some reason it's always worse 1 week before. Alot of people notice the same problem, they seem to think that Hidradenitis is affected by hormones? We still don't know.

Well that makes sense to me that it happens prior to the period. That's actually when your hormones are at their highest so that could be the issue. Have you seen a gyno about this?

I'm 25, male, have been having a few hard red to purple spots on my buttocks that may or may not turn into pimples for 3 ears, unpleasant smelling discharge when popped.

I have had the same problem for years. I stopped wearing panties. As long as i dont wear panties i am ok, soon as i wear them i can expect to get boils in the crease of my leg. (sigh)

I don't know if mine's exactly a boil, cause I've never seen one, I'm only 16, it's freaking me out. I too have noticed it showing up same spot, purple tinge, and I've popped it before, but it never goes away, it's like stretched out skin down there. Like I don't know how to explain this, When I pop it, blood and sometimes puss oozes out. Nasty. And, the skin all that gunk was under just never takes back form, it stays stretched out... I'm very concerned and I don't have a regular doctor to see in my town. I don't know who to go to..

I have been having the same thing for a few years now. My boils come every month.I am a very clean person. I take the pill continuosly so I dont have a period but with the pms I know its at this time. Mine can get as large as a quarter. They seem to appear anywhere down under. I have strech marks there from having my two children. These boils seem to find their way there in them. They are so painful and deep. Some will swell up and pop but then it scars and becomes a knot. It seems that these knots take turns and swell and reinfect. I'm getting no answers from any doctors. The pain just to walk is unreal. At 37 I do not enjoy being scared and with each painful round scarring worst. And new ones appear some times not in healed stretch marks just to make new wounds and scars. Having doctors not even care when this IS a big issue is disheartening. I will be forever searching for answers. So please anyone with any answers please post. Thanks

Like everyone has said I am glad that other people are having the sames symptoms. I have made a note of when my spots occur - it is always before a period. They hurst intially and then the pain starts to go away but I am left with a scar. I never put it down to stress but I will keep an eye out for that one.

Can some send me ideas for creams etc that I could use?

%-)
Thank god there are others goign through this same thing!! I have been dealign with this for the past 6 years. I have been thinking i had herpes or some std only becuase i had never heard of menstral boils! They come in the same two spots right on the inside of my leg where my bottom meets my leg and right below my private area. so uncomfortable sometimes they have a white head soemtimes they just go away.......I wish i knew something to use for that area to prevent them. in the meantime thanks for all the postings at least i knwo i am normal!! :-)

I agree, this sucks lemon. I have two in my pubic area. They don't drain but they do hurt. They go away eventually but it seems like by that time, my period comes around and they come back. My doctor never sees them because they appear while I'm having my period so I don't get to show her so that she can advise me what to do.

I have had the same thing for several months now. I did some research and found that it is fairly common. I think it does have to do with hormones imbalances in the body. I now use hibiclens daily to my groin, under my breasts, and underarms. It has helped significantly. If I miss a couple of days, I can tell. It is better than taking antibiotics it popping them all the time. You should not pop a boil if it comes up, they should all be drained by a physician if possible. It can get into your bloodstream if not properly dealt with, and that can be fatal if not treated. I hope this helps someone.

I have these as well, they hurt and are ugly down there. Does anyone know if any kind of scar removal cream would help the appearance of them when they go away? Ive found that a combination of boil cream and anti biotic cream helps them go away faster, but then the ugly scar is still there. Does anyone know how to hide those scars? Any kind of surgery?

you said about age but im 15 and i get them, they are the only indication that i have when im due on! they dont burst but simply dissapear after several days. i have no idea why we have them but this is the first time i looked into it and this has been really hepful to know that im not the only one!! :-)