I am a 16 yr old with lots of pubic hair...I am wondering whether its better to shave it off...But is the advantages and diadvantages of having and not having pubic hair....I have an uncircumcised penis, at the tip of the penis i think its the foreskin, when i steam, my penis gets bigger but also that thing in the penis skin...Its a small, yellow oval shaped thing look like some kind of ball in there....Is it dangerous, am i having STD??? What on earth is it....

Hey lash,

The topic of having or not having pubic hair is 100% up to you. it is mearly more for looks. some people enjoy the look and feel of not having pubic hair and think that it makes the penis look bigger. others perfer pubic hair. some let it grow and never do anything to it others keep it trimmed so it's not so bushy. so its totally your choice. as for the yellow oval thing. can you describe it more? is it there when you pull back your forskin? are you still a virgin because if you are it is almost 100% certian that it is NOT an STD.

The hair is just a personal choice.

About the yellow oval shaped thing. Do you normally pull your foreskin back to clean under it? Your description sounds like you do not and what you are seeing is your glans (head) covered with smegma.

The doctor told my mother to pull it back and clean under it at every bath and she made sure I did it when she turned the job over to me.
However there seem to be differing opinions here about when to begin doing that, ranging all the way to never.

We often get questions on the forum from young men who have never pulled it back and aren't familiar with what's under there, so don't hesitate to ask more questions.

"A tree looks bigger in the grass than in the hedges".

Hair can also hold odor and increase sweating.

Hey, thx for the advice....Urm, i dont know how to clean it.....its one yellow oval looking thing that is in the skin...when i make my penis bigger and pull my skin back, and i see my head there is this thing in the skin....the thing is hard...

hey man i have two finals in about 7-11 hours so i will post more tipes/advice after that.... gotta study ya know :O XD

We can't post pictures or links here but if you Google --- penis --- you can find many photos and diagrams of what your penis should look like. There are photos and diagrams of it in different stages of foreskin retraction. Basically, it should look like a circumcised penis when your foreskin is pulled all the way back. I suspect your glans is just coated with smegma if you haven't pulled the foreskin back to clean it. It should pull back easier without an erection but it should also pull back with an erection. Some guys have a problem of it being rather tight during an erection.

If it's simply the glans that's coated with smegma you can probably soften it by sitting in a warm bath with your foreskin pulled back to allow the water to soften the smegma. then just rub it away with you fingers or a washcloth. Most guys find the glans is very sensitive to the touch if it hasn't been exposed a lot.

So take a look at the photos you find using Google and if you think the yellow ball looks pretty much like it's just the glans (head) that's covered with yellow stuff, then try the cleaning.

Perhaps there is someone reading this who has experienced the smegma buildup you probably have and can add something. As I said, mine was constantly cleaned from the day my mother got me so I never had any significant build up. I can tell you, when I was your age, it was quite annoying to find that yellow goop in there every day when I pulled my foreskin back during masturbation. I was afraid it would really disgust a girl if I was lucky enough to have one touch it.

well, i dont really noe how to retract my foreskin...so, yea...it seems like my penis is bigger than the size of the current hole...so, i dunnno wat to do...I dont think its a yellow liquid....Its like a yellow, crystal, solid thing in my skin of the foreskin.. I also have some pimples on my penis....is it something to worry about??? Thanks

It just slides back toward your body, sort of like sliding the wrapper off a straw.
The opening in the tip may be small if it's never been pulled back. If it's tight enough so it hurts you will need to work on stretching it a little at a time until it will go back. Just pull it back until it begins to hurt from stretching and hold it there for several minutes. Do that as often as you can and eventually it will go all the way. It may take a couple months.

Hey lash..
I know how you feel when i first shaved the part that had the cubic hair got red dots that itched......
Think before you do it.................... 

Oh and i am a 12 year old maleee

Not sure about the yellow stuff, but as far a hair is I have just let it grow and it has never bothered me the least bit, its up to you to
1 trim it a little
2 shave the lot off or like me
3 let it grow and never shave or trim it ever.

Celebrity
Number 3 is best, been reading about boys who shave or trim their pubic hair, they regret having done it as red spots and all sorts of problems arise, even trimming it down can cause itching, the reason for that is that a human hair looked through a microscope has a very fine point at the end of it, even if you trim all those hairs the hairs become pointed and they no longer have the very thin fine point at the end, so multiply all the hairs you have down there, those points become sharp, hence the itching even just trimming them down, so just let them grow, no matter how long and NEVER like me shave or trim them off. As for the yellow stuff, just whenever you are having a shower or bath, pull back gently the foreskin and give it a gentle wash like the rest of your body.