I am 3 weeks post op after novasure procedure, first week wanted to pass water all time and had crampings, had a sick note for 2 weeks and was hopin to have gone back a week ago but the cramps got worse. Started bleedin a week ago and havent stopped my guess is its my period that has returned as i would have been due, the pains have been nothing i have ever felt before , at this moment in time im wishing had not had it done as my periods were nothing like this beforehand, i visited the doctor yesterday who examined me and said ive got an infection so now on antibiotics 4 a day for the next 7 days and then go back to doctor in a weeks time.
Hopefully it will settle down, im not going through this again

The novasure process is newly introduced it is reduced problems for health,
and it can be produced that good results for this process.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am also feeling totally achy (had procedure 2 days ago)... maybe I have overdone the post-op activity- went to the park with my daughter today and have been working from home a bit. I'm not too crampy but my back really hurts (did not have a spinal) and I feel nauseated. The back pain is really bad at the moment-- not sure what that could be from?

either the position you were in or everything is conected i have major back problems before i went in that are just starting to get back to normal 2 months later

I had the procedure done a week ago, which was also on the tail end of my period. I also had a hysterscopy and DNC since I had a polyp, and an additional procedure which was a bladder sling (not sure of the medical term) for some incontinence problems. Had absolutely no pain post-op until some slight cramping 2 days ago. Might have overdone things because I was feeling so good. I had no nausea right after surgery because I had the doctor prescribe a nausea patch to get me through it (have severe nausea usually with anesthesia) and it really worked! I did have really bad dry mouth and blurred vision though from the patch, and took it off after a day. But it was worth it to get through without being sick. Had minor bloody discharge for the first few days and now it's increasing a little, which is rather disappointing because I was hoping the bleeding would go away soon, not get worse. It seems like it's hit or miss from the rest of the posts I've read. Guess time will tell if it worked for me!

Hi all, I had the procedure done November 1, 2007 all was great for about three months no pain no bleeding. Well now I'm back at square one bleeding all the time and some cramping. I am diappointed but i have a thyroid problem that may have hinder this for me. so now it looks like a hystorectomy for me. :'(

I too just had the procedure done a few days ago and I have had nothing but problems from the anesthesia making me very sick to my blood pressure going through the roof. I am only have a small discharge so that is not the problem it is the pain and fever. I have had the lower back and stomach pain and cramping since the procedure but now it is worse and now I have a fever that ranges from 100 - 102. I called my dr and at 1st she suggested the emergency room but I do not want to do that so I am going to go to her office tomorrow for he to check if there is an infection. Meanwhile I did not get a 2 week sick note, my dr said most people are ok the NEXT day so I only have a note for 3 days - Wed - Fri. Now I will miss tomorrow. After reading these posts I am really concerned. I thought I did alot of research on this procedure but somehow I missed all the horror stories that I am not finding. I have always had heavy bleeding and severe cramps, for 10 yrs I was on birth control - seasonale - the on for 3 months off for 1 cycle pill and that seemed to control the pain and heavy periods but this past year it stopped working and my periods came more frequently and lasted longer - most recent one before this procedure was 3 weeks heavy bleeding. so that is why I did it. now I am worried that it was a mistake. Thanks for all the input on this board. I will be checking it alot now.

Hi All - I had the Novasure done 3 weeks ago. I had the procedure done in my Dr. office and was given meds in an IV that was supposed to make me go "out of it". Well, I was out of it, but I felt the pain! I remember the whole 90 seconds of it. In my mind I was cussing a blue streak and I am going to ask my Dr. when I go back next week if I actually was cussing out loud. I hope not!! I had an ok recovery, I guess. The 1st day after the novasure, I felt great. The second day after, though, I felt just achy and sick all over. I had a yellowish discharge on and off and sometimes it would just gush with no warning, so wear a pad at all times! I had some friends come and visit and when I got up off the couch, I soaked my whole jammies and I even had a pad on. Sorry to be so graphic, but I just want to share what I went through. I started my period 5 days ago. It started out light and got progressively worse and worse. For the past 2 days I have had it very very heavy. No clotting like I had before the novasure, but extremely heavy bleeding. I am hoping that it will slow down soon. My periods pre-novasure were about 4 days long and only really really heavy for 2. I am going on my 6th day now and praying for relief. I sure hope this is not what I am in for from now on. I was really hoping for NO more periods. I am very crampy and very emotional. I have been crying the past 2 days a lot and that is not like me at all. Not sure what is going on with me. I do have a fibroid and my Dr. warned me that sometimes it does not work if you have fibroids, so unfortunately, I may be looking at a hysterectomy. I believe the fibroid is what was causing my heavy, clotty periods to begin with. My Dr. told me to give this a shot and if it didn't work to have a hysterectomy. I was really hopeing this would work. I will give it another couple months and see how it pans out. So far, not so good.

It is Sunday morning and I had a Novasure ablation Friday morning. I have had some cramping and severe fatigue. That is it. I even went to a party yesterday!! I am hopeful I won't actually bleed ever again. I don't even have a discharge!! None! I do have some cramps if I over do the stairs. I hope I don't start bleeding or having gushy discharge! I would certainly do this over again at this point. o.O

I had the procedure done June 26 in an outpatient facility. Totally under anesthesia. Everything was easy. A little cramping the rest of that day and since then the normal watery discharge. I had a fibroid and had to have that removed before my GYN would do this procedure. Then he was able to do the D&C and ablation. I was told not to have intercourse or use tampons until the discharge stopped. Every area will be different but I paid $360 for the anesthesiologist, $2100 for my GYN, and $2200 for the surgery center. My GYN called the next day to check on my recovery and told me not to hesitate to call him should I have any abnormal signs or bleeding. If you have any concerns you really should feel comfortable calling your GYN and asking. If you don't you should look for another Dr.
Not quite 5 weeks for me so I'll post later hopefully with good news.

I had a d&c in june and the novasure procedure in july, about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I had some minor bleeding that day, and some moderately heavy cramping, similar to one of my heavy periods. I took 2 percocet, which made me feel lovely but did nothing for the pain. I then took 4 ibuprofen, which took care of the pain.

Ever since then I have felt fine. But I do have the discharge that everyone is talking about. My doctor and his staff are great at giving great pre-op info, but this time they did not mention the discharge. At least not the possibility of it being so heavy. In the morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom, it gushes out. And occasionally throughout the day. I have to wear 2 pantiliners overlapping, with one farther forward and one toward the back. Because depending on what position I'm in, the discharge just seems to not come straight out but travel one way or another. And even then I still end up leaking through my clothes.

I guess as long as it doesn't start getting smelly or weird then I'm ok but I was looking forward to being able to use tampons and have intercourse soon.

I just had a novasure done last wednesday and sent home 10 mins after the surgery with no pain medicine and shaking and could not walk they wheeled me out in a wheel chair then my husband and two girls carried me in the house...now four days later I feel very faint and dizzy I would not recommand this surgery to anyone they dont tell you the after effects and also you should be in the hospital for at least two days... the day I got home I shook threw up all day ...medicine when they put me asleep the next day I ran a high fever all day with IBP I just pray I get better and stop the faint spells and also for all you others who had this done and felt similiar effects.

My Novasure procedure was the morning of Friday, 8/08, a little more than two weeks ago, and I'm feeling great. The only negative effect was the extreme cramping, like nonstop labor pains, that first day when I came home to recover. It took more than just Ibuprofen and hydrocodone to help; I ended up needing oxycodone but took it only a couple times. By late Friday I was feeling much better, and since then I have had no cramping or any ill effects.

I'm turning 50 this year and am still a newlywed (less than two years). From the day we were married, we've had constant problems with breakthrough bleeding and a very heavy period every three weeks. It was hard to have 'normal' relations, much less the kind of relations we really wanted to have (let's just say, lots). It just didn't seem fair, since we had waited eagerly for our wedding night. I think this post-Novasure time is going to be a whole new adventure for hubby and me.

I discovered Novasure online, asked my general practitioner about it, and then saw an OB/GYN who does the procedure. From the time I learned about Novasure to the time I had it done was about two months, and I am SO glad I did it. I would absolutely recommend it.

As for the actual procedure, it couldn't have been simpler. The hardest part was the anticipation and dread. I had nothing to worry about. I changed into a hospital gown, had an IV inserted and blood pressure taken, met the anesthesiologist, chatted for a moment with the doctor, waited a bit, emptied my bladder, walked with my husband to the outpatient operating suite, lay down on the table, and remember nothing more until I awoke again in the recovery room.

Pain started as we were on our way home (15 miles). I took meds in the car, but I couldn't get ahead of the pain, and ended up with a couple doses of oxycodone the doctor kindly prescribed after my husband went to bat for me.

I've had very little spotting in the past two weeks. Today would be the normal start of my period, and I have a bit more spotting and some cramping. If this is as bad as it gets at period time, I'm thrilled!

The only thing left is to pay the bill, gladly and gratefully. Oh, and get excited about finally getting the green light on sex.

I had the Novasure ablation done five days ago. My doc gave me a motrin (800 mg) script to start taking 24 hours before the procedure, then a vicodin when I arrived at the clinic that morning. The nurse gave me a shot of some narcotic in my tush, then I waited for those to take effect while they set up the equipment. About thirty, maybe fourty minutes later doc came in, gave me some shots on my cervix to dialate and numb it. Those were the worst part of the procedure. Those hurt, but not nearly as bad as the cramps from a normal period. I was totally awake, and not feeling mentally "altered" in any way. I talked to him and the nurses while they did what they do, and joked around a bit. I won't lie and say its pain free, but the cramps and pain from it were not even half as bad as the cramps were from a normal period.

Afterwards, I waited about 10 minutes, put my bottoms back on (didn't even have to take off my shirt for it!) then sat up. I was shaky, which was a normal reaction to whatever they gave me to dilate the cervix (the nurse told me but I don't recall what it was). Less than 30 minutes after the ablation I walked to my car, but my brother DID drive for me though. I went home, took it easy for the rest of the day. The next day I was up and feeling good, but waited one more day to go back to work. I haven't had any "problems" I wasn't expecting, slight spotting, watery discharge but otherwise, pain free. Hopefully I'll be period free from now on, but Doc said it will take four months to know what "regular" is now.

Best $40.00 co-pay I ever spent!

I had a hysteroscopy, D&C and Novasure procedure as well as a polyp removed on 8-28-08. It was done as an outpatient at the local hospital. Total time in the OR was about 30-35 minutes. The meds to knock me out wore off quickly and I was able to sit up right away and my husband was able to join me until it was time to go home (less than 1 hour). A few hours after being home, I did have a bit of cramping, but nothing worse than normal. I also started my cycle the morning of the procedure and felt crampy going in. So, I'm sure that along with the procedure being completed is all normal and par for the course. I had a minimal amount of bleeding that night, but nothing since. It's now three days later and I feel great. Minimal discharge and I have no cramping or any pain. I'm glad I had the procedure, hope to never buy tampons again (smiling here) and recommend to anyone who is thinking about! Money well spent.