I HAD THE NOVASURE, DC AND A PUILP ON MARCH 2, 2009. I ALSO STILL HAVE CRAMPING AND A LITTLE BLOOD FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND NOW I HAVE NOT SEEN MY PERIOD AS OF YET. XD I WOULD REFER ANYONE TO GET THIS DONE IF YOU HAVE HEAVEY BLEED.

I had the novasure done about a month ago. After the visit to the doctor i started( GOING PRETTY HEAVY) due to him getting a sample from my uterus lining. That was on monday. I went in friday still going and he promised after surgery it would be all gone. Sure enough it was! I'm 35 already had 3 kids and had my tubes tied. After 3rd child 13 years apart i started going not heavy but 10 days at a time and like every weeks. For some reason i was using a ultra tampon and it wasn't working it was going around it. I didnt want to go get back on the pill just to have lighter periods so i ask doctor what we could do. Novasure he said so i did it. I had cramping the day of and my period has stopped. Its been 4 weeks and i have like clear fluid nothing major real light but the blood is all gone. Yeah! He even said if i do still bleed we could do the procedure again. He said could have again whenever i felt like it in 2 days if i felt fine. Would do this all over again.. Great procedure!

I had the procedure done mid February and I have had no bleeding thus far!!! Yeah. However the times that I used to bleed I still have the cramps that feel like labor pains. I did not have any weight gain, but the cramps are bad. Vicodin gets me through the day without ripping my hair out. I would have the procedure again because the bleeding was horrible. I bleed one time for 35 days straight most days heavy.

I am 50 yrs. old and had the novasure procedure under general anesthesia 2 weeks ago today for long standing heavy periods with anemia. At the time of my surgery I had a period that had lasted non-stop for 4 weeks. 2 weeks prior to the novasure procedure, my gyn prescribed 3 birth control pills daily to control the bleeding from this period. I was advised to discontinue the birth control pills the day I went in for surgery.

The surgery itself was a breeze. I had a small amount of cramping afterwards for which I took 2 tylenol. I had a small amount of pink, watery discharge for the first 18 hours, but then the bleeding began again, and moderately heavy. My gyn advised me that this was my body's way of adjusting to being off the pill. After a week of bleeding (not as heavy as my normal period), I went back to pink discharge. Last nite (2 weeks post op), I woke up with cramps, and the bleeding is back...but not heavy. I am sooo tired of wearing a maxi pad (it's been 6 weeks)...I hope this stops soon. Has anyone had a similar experience? My post op recheck is not for 2 more weeks.

To the "guest" above me, your experience sounds almost identical to mine. I had a non-stop period for 4 weeks and I was taking 2 birth control pills daily to control the bleeding. After the procedure, I had quite a bit of bleeding for the first week or so, but I continued to have a watery discharge for nearly 4-5 weeks. It's been two months since my surgery and I feel great! I haven't had anymore bleeding since that first couple of weeks! Hopefully your experience will follow my path. Good luck!

My wife (age 43) just had the Novasure, D&C and, biopsy done on 4/3/09. She has had gyn issues (lower right quadrant torso pain) for years and all kinds of crappy diagnosis to explain it: endometriosis, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, fibroids, even ovarian cancer, to name a few. She was told she had to have a hysterectomy, but upon a second opinion opted for exploratory surgery via laprascopy. It all came back negative. So back to square one. Since December 08' she has had heavy bleeding/clotting every day. She was put on birth control to try and control this but all that accomplished was to give her extra energy and she lost 27 lbs!! After the procedure, we were both amazed at the recovery; moderate cramping for 2 days (treated with tylenol or motrin only), she has had only minor spotting since. She just called from her post-op appointment with the surgeon, and he said everything looks really good and the biopsy results came back benign!! She has not worn a pad in two days and says it feels great, weird, but great. Hopefully she can get used to not wearing one all the time again!!

I had the Novasure and DNC one week ago today. I will be 42 and have experienced periods lasting 10-11 days. All week I have been crampy with discharge; I am hoping it was all worth it; I just want the discharge to go away..........

I had it done this morning. I was pretty crampy afterward, but nothing that a little ibuprofen wouldn't handle. I'm also a little bloated. This is similar to a rather uncomfortable period but other than that and being a little groggy from the anesthesia, I can't complain. So far no discharge either. We'll see how it goes as I got back to work tomorrow.

I'm 48 years old and pretty healthy.
Deirdre

Okay so I had a D&C and then the Novasure last thrusday... I don't know what it feels like to have a child but omg I was in major pain afterwards once the demarol kicked in I finally slept and woke up with little to no pain. Just a watery bloody discharge, thats super light!! With an occasional gush! It's weird but I've always worn panty liners (always every day of my life for yearsssssssssssssssssss) I should own stock! lol

BTW, I had been bleeding since January procedure was done April 23rd... Yeah long time to bleed huh. I've never been regular, when i say never I started when I was 11, I'm now 35 and never ever had a regular period. They don't know what causes so this was my 1st option. If this doesn't work then a hystorectomy is next, @ least according to my doctor!!!

I go for a check up next week, oh and I did get to see before pictures and after... I saw pictures 2 yrs ago when I had a D&C and a hysteroscopy!

Well ladies hopefully this will work and if not the next step is removing hopefully only the uterus!!!

Good luck and keep posting especially your wk by wk updates... It really helps us know what could be normal and that some of us aren't alone

Had Novasure Dec 18, 2008 have had periods monthly and spotting
between. Gooey discharge since, literally stringing gooey mucas discharge
that will go from clear to yellow to brown then pink tinged and blood.
I am going crazy over this! My doctor just tells me it's perimenopausal
effects and doesn't seem to want to commit to telling me it is an after
effect from the surgery. Is anyone else having this discharge, months
after the procedure?

I had the novasure procedure done in Feb 2006. I got my first period when I was 11. I had normal periods until I had my first child. After my second child I had my tubes tied. My periods become very heavy and lots of clotting. My last period lasted 5 weeks on and off clotting.
I became very anemic. I had a dnc. It worked for a while. Then my periods were heavy again. I finally had the novasure procedure done in Feb 2006. I have been period free since that time. I think for me it was the best thing I could ever do. I would recommend it.

All my life, since age 13, I have always had heavy periods, missing school,
work, and seeing many different doctors, trying everything available. Nothing helped. Even after having two children, nothing slowed down the
bleeding, sick headaches, vomiting, cramps in legs, back, and stomach.
In Sept. of 2008, I had the procedure performed. My life has changed so
dramatically, everybody notices !!! I had absolutely no problems after the
surgery. I did have a little spotting last week, not even enough to wear a
pad. Husband and co-workers can tell a difference - no more PMS !

This topic is closed due to having too many posts.

Please continue posting within the following one:

Recovery following endometrial ablation - Novasure surgery – Part 2