I had the novasure procedure on the 29th as an outpatient at my local hospital. Was in sever pain by the time I got home, took narcotics through the weekend. Bled some the first night but now its just a watery brown and smells some. Still having cramps but advil seems to take care of that pain. Follow up on the 15th. I am hopefully that this procedure will work and/or give me some relief as I am tired of living my life around my periods.

Sorry to hear about the sever pain. Tomorrow is the one-week mark for me and I am still feeling great and have no discharge. Other I have talked to have mentioned the discharge lasting for 3-4 weeks, so I'm not sure how I got so lucky!! Hang in there...

I had the ablation about 3 weeks ago. No great pain, just some big discomfort. I felt like I'd just had a baby.lol I was not up & about in 2 days as advised by my wonderful doc. I had started my period the day before the ablation. I was in mega pain and flowing wild like a river. When I left the hospital, no more red flowing river. I was so happy. Using only panty liners everyday since the procedure is ok by me. I still feel some sore-ness in my tummy and around the prev scares from 2 c-sections and a laporscopy (sp) surgery. I am looking forward to my new life without 8-10 of "red-hell-pms." I am still cramping--everyday. But it is decreasing daily. I hope with less or no bleeding, I will not feel so tired due to low iron count and other problems. Wow, I am so HAPPY I made this choice for me. Three weeks ago in the early am when my cramps felt like labor pains, I was a different person. Good luck to you all, feel good, and enjoy the new life.

I had the ablation 3 weeks ago tomorrow. The posts I just read have been so helpful. I too have felt like I have to pee constantly and assumed the two were connected but really didn't know for sure (I go to the doctor for my post op in a couple days). Also have been a bit bloated but otherwise recovery seems to be what I was told it would be. I'm still bleeding a bit but mostly brown and nothing a pantiliner won't take care of. My periods were long and very heavy for 2-3 days so I was willing to try anything so let's just all hope this works!

I had Novsasure ablation, d & c and hysteroscopy on Wednesday 2 days ago. Came home feeling fine. Sleepy form the general anesthesia, slightly crampy. Similar to monthly cramps.
I have only had one or 2 small amounts of pink blood show on a panty liner.
The cramps are not reducing, and I am concerned that there is no drainage.
Also, I noticed a weight gain of 4 pounds.

any one else have weight gain and no drainage??

I had the novasure, d and c and hysteroscopy done on friday sept 19, 2008. Ive had very littl discharge or pain. Most of what is bothering me is im soooooooooooo tired and feel emotional. Want to cry. My original period is due the 28th. Has anyone else had this??? Just no energy. No fever, just feel tired and want to sleep. Kinda low appetite too

I had the hysoscopy d and c and novasure ablation on Thurs 18th Sep. I thought I would be back at work today but the cramps are still quite bad. My loss is clear and pinky with the odd clump of red and I feel like I have hurt my shoulder??? I am needing lots of sleep.

Generally: When I awoke from the surgery, I was quickly dosed up with pain relief as the pain was severe. I was sitting up eating a sandwhich at 12 pm after having the surgery at 10 am. I was home by 1pm and slept and slept and slept.

Its now Monday and I still feel fragile and sore. My work is very hard so I am taking the week to recover. Fingers crossed all the bleeding wil go away and I can control the anaemia and feel well again.

If it fails, Its Hysterectomy next !

I had the Marina 5 year IUD put in in Feb, Bleed constantly for 5 months, Dr. said that it was normal due to I had a very heavy Uterian lining that was purging itself. Went to Floriday to visit my mom for 3 weeks in Aug. and the bleeding got so bad she made me go to the ER. They immediantly took out the IUD and said my Uterus was FULL of blood and I had 22 Polycystic cysts on my left ovary. I opted for the D&C and Novasure, seeing that I was having my IUD taken out they asked if I wanted to have a tubaligation as well I said YES!!! My Dr up here in RI would not do it because he said I was too heavy.
So the next day I had everything cleaned out tied off and burned up and let me tell you!!!! I have not felt this good in ages! My periods were never ever regular or heavy for that matter. Since I had the proceedures done I have had 2 "Periods" the first was a very small spot of pink and the second which i got yesterday was completely clear discharge and my Dr. told me to expect that, when you have no uterine liner to shed, there is no blood.
So Other than the discomfort from the gas that they use to inflate your belly for the tubal, I had no pain at all, as a matter of fact we went to Disney 2 days after my surgery.
Dr. Winger is in Orland, he operates out of Celebration Hospital and is a mirical worker!! I think I will make a yearly visit just for my check ups lol

your hormones are going to go nuts for about 4 months that is what happens to many of us

I had a D&C & Novasure done on the 19th. I read every single post on this website and I was actually scared a bit going in. But I have to say, it wasnt that bad. I woke up from the procedure and it felt like a bad contraction that wasnt going away. They gave me some medicine for my naushea and I fell asleep big time. Went home about 2 hrs later and slept for another 6 hrs with the heating pad on my belly. Woke up with NO pain at all. I wore a pad for the first 2 days. Really only needed it the first day. Have been wearing a panty liner everyday. There is some mucusy (is that a word) stuff coming out. Not too bad though. No pain, had cramps for a little bit like 6 days after the procudere. OH and I did gain 7 lbs. I weighed myself in the morning before the procedure, then again when I got home. But I lost it all in the next couple of days. But dang 7 lbs!

I had Novasure done in March 2008 It took about a 3 week to fully get back to myself I had it done when I started bleeding because I would bleed 5 days and and be off 3 day and start again. My Dr. did many test before he did the Novasure to make sure I was Perfect for it. I have not had a period at all slight cramping here and there nothing major. a little weight gain (I hope I can lose it) but all worth it to have my life back. After 2 years of what I have been through I would just recommend you get a great Doctor that has done this before, make sure he checks to make sure you are perfect for it and you shouldnt have a problem. Yes everyone is different but remember so ar Doctors. Good luck to you all. I would do it again and I would recommend it to my friends and family, (IF they have a GREAT Doctor and and PERFECT for it) good enough is NOT good enough.

I had Novasure done yesterday, November 9th in our local hospital. As far as I can tell, everything went well. I have had some severe cramping, especially in my back (almost like onset of labor pains). I am more lazy then anything right now. I feel like that is probably from the anesthesia. I didn't have the opportunity to visit with my dr. due to the fact I was in recovery when she visited with my husband. I had a precancerous condition which led me to opt to do the novasure. My endometrial lining was very large (22cm). In fact the dr. said she had never seen a cavity that large. This was all due to the oversized lining I am thinking. So, I hope that now the cramping and irratibility I experiance on a monthly basis is reduced significantly. I am not going into this expecting miricales, just an improvement. My first concern was to take care of what could turn to cancer if left untreated. All the other benefits will just be a plus. However, I really don't want to have a continual discharge.

I'd sure love to see some updates from women who have posted previously!

I had a Novasure on Sept 26th. I felt great in the recovery room and went home after 2hrs. Felt a bit crampy that evening so I had one pain pill and I slept great. Next 3 days I had ibuprofen during the day and a pain pill at night. Scant pink discharge for 3 days then nothing for 6 days and now I have watery discharge sometimes pink/brown. However, I had pre-menstrual symptoms prior to this - crabby, sore breasts and slight cramps, so I think it's my period. On a good note the symptoms were minimal in comparison to pre-novasure. I had the procedure because I have heavy flow plus frequent periods - at least twice a month.

I was a bit sad to see my period return so soon because it ended the week of the procedure but I am hopeful that in time my body will work things out. One thing that I have noticed is that I'm sleeping better (and that's without the pain pills, lol) than I have in years. With my frequent periods I was always dealing with cramps and discomfort during the night.
As a result, I feel great even with the period.

hi ladies,
I had the novasure aug 08 and I am sad to report that my periods have not decreased but actually in my opinion seem a lot worse. I had this procedure rather than having a partial hysterectomy becuase this was way less evasive. However I am starting to think having this procedure done was nothing but a waste of my time. In addition I got an infection after the procedure and I have gained about 4 pounds as well.

Is there anyone who has had this procedure but their peroids took time to go away I would love to hear, because my Dr told me I need to wait for my third period as that will determine my final period and if it worked I am now on my second period and very disappointed!!!
thanks for your time

I had a D&C and NovaSure on Oct,10 2008. I dont have one complaint so far. I had a heavy period the day of procedure and went home with no more period...slight cramping and little discharge. I am 11 days into recovery and I feel great...I do and will have a watery, bloody discharge for a month or two but I expect it so I accept it. Lets not forget we can not rush recovery, our bodies suffered an injury of burn and luckily its in an area where we do not feel the pain of such a trauma . But, our bodies know the injury is there so it tries to repair and heal itself, which, is why you have to expect to see discharge. That is part of the healing process and as long as you know why you have discharge and are willing to give it time it needs to heal, it is all worth it.,.You know how long it takes to heal a burn on your arm,which is dry and exposed to breathe, now imagine how much longer it is going to take when the burn is in a nice warm moist inside,,.,.I hope to report back in a couple weeks that I no longer have a period...I did feel more sensation to have to pee more in the beginning of procedure. I had short procedure under anastesha,piece of cake. Whoever does his procedure any other way is down right barbaric.
...Best of Luck to whomever is thinking of this great procedure.. I am very happy.