I've had the same lower back pain on and off for years, always worse after a few days of drinking. With 5 or more days off the sauce it pretty much goes. Kidney and bloody tests always seem to come back normal. The best explanation I've had from doctors so far was I was overloading my kidneys and should lay off for a month or 2. It's funny that for me at least, anxiety makes it almost immediately worse.

sorry but my story isint so nice i started drinking when i was 10 binge drinking every weekend and when ever i got chance as the years went by my drinking binges got worse days on end of heavy dronking staying up all night without drugs and carrying on the next day spent my life at the end of a bottle finally at 29 years old my liver failed me i started looking yellow and feeling tired and week and aching all the time and in pain went to the doctors they gave me 6 months to live i carried on a year later i look like a marshmallow man and im writing this on my ipad in a hospital bed it tuke me 3 hours to write this out with the help of a nurse ive got about a week or so left they tell me any day now all for what a stupid drink dont be fooled make the most of your life its a gift dont waste it i now have death to look forward to then probably hell cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was a heavy drinker in my teens and like urself used to get the odd nigle after a session .. about 10 yrs ago after a good nite out my whole body turned yellow and stayed that way for aprox 8wks .. to make a long story short .. went doc and had damaged liver .. was told it wud heal itself if i laid off the drink for 6months .. dnt drink as much anymore maybe 1nce a month .. but wudnt wish the pain i went tru those 8wks on my worst enemy .. TAKE IT HANDY N UL BE FINE ~ STAY AWAY FRM SHORTS ~ VODKA ETC STICK TO BEER !!! hope this helps !!!

I have the exact same problem. I'm 23 and I've had the problem since I was 20. I have found some solution to the problem soup always helps me also cold things help. I drink a ton of coconut water and pure unsweetened cranberry juice to help. I've noticed this has increased my ability to drink without the pain. That might not be a good thing though... The best thing for it is just to sweat it out, jacuzzis and steam rooms work really well. I also live in Arizona and can just walk outside if I need to sweat out the alcohol. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is an age old problem considering people going to public baths and steam rooms throughout time to mitigate their toxin levels. I have friends who report a similar pain but they always say its just lower back pain. Anyways one time I had a similar pain and it ended up being a uti, maybe we all are getting Utis from drinking, I have tested this by using the cranberry juice along with antibiotics and both things help. All of those things really help but I have to say that a good sweat is the quickest solution

I have been reading all these posts with great interest. I am a white male aged 48 and have been drinking regular for 30 years. I drink ale & wine. I have been drinking nearly everyday in last few years. Not huge amounts, but a daily drink. If I do a weekend binge I noticed in the morning I have lower back pain on both sides. It is uncomfortable to get out of bed and I thought it was the bed, but it didn't take too long to pin point it was always this way when I had lots to drink. I am now cutting down & trying to leave about 3 days between drinking. I am stopping the wine as I think this was the worst offender. I had kidney stones removed about 3 years ago. I don't class myself as an alcoholic but I must be bordering on it somedays!!

good luck to everyone on here.

Just wanted to post on here because it seemed the more I read about others with the same issue the more it eased my paranoid desire to self-diagnose.  I'm 34, been drinking since I was 15 or so with variations in how often and how much, but it was definitely always above average.  The past few years I've been drinking almost daily, usually 4-5 drinks to get a buzz, sometimes 6-7 and a few more on weekends.  I'm experiencing the same right-sided upper back pain that has been described by 70% of you on here, only showing up within the past 6 months or so but always after a heavy drinking night.  This past weekend was back to back heavy drinking days, probably 7-8 drinks both Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday it actually started but I continued drinking anyway.  I had thought it was muscular because it started when I had bronchitis with massive coughing (no drinking at the time, and at that point it was definitely muscular).  I now realize that even if it's muscular, I don't care.  I'm going to act like it's liver pain because everyone on here is right.  The fun times alcohol brings isn't worth your long term health.  I about to get on meds for high triglycerides (confirming it's most likely liver pain), and will be getting a liver function test when that is complete.  I'll update everyone, but wanted to chime in to continue adding to the list of people who are in this boat.  We need to get out of it.  It's sinking...

I have the same pain but I had my gall bladder removed 7 years ago I'm only 29 and after 1 beer I'm in agony HELP

So this is my first time ever writing on one of these. I'm proud that tonight will be my sixth night dink free. I'm a 36yr old female that is only 4feet 10inches. I have know clue how my small body could handle all the wine I put into every night.. So sick to think that it felt good to be able to drink everyone under the table and could keep on going. I found myself drinking everynight for no reason. I have a wonderful husband awsome children and great friend. But hey it's just wine right? I just go worse and worse and hid how drunk I was every night till I would have to go to bed because I knew I was about to black out. I told myself every morning for months that tonight I'm not going to drink and than found myself changing my mind and drinking evern more that night because I knew (or hope) I'd have the strenghth that this was going to be my last drink--I knew I couldn't do this on my own and new I need help. I knew I had no control over this demon in my head that made me want just one more time. I broke down to my husband and am on my way to NEVER having a drink again. Saying good by to this secret love affair is so hard but I know I have to do this. Any who. I have had this pain in my right side that is now worse today. It goes all the way to my back now. I have an apt. for the doctor tonight to get this checked but an kinda scard not just to open up truthfully about what I have done to myself but to find out what I've really done. Has any one else felt this way? I know how hard this decition can be. Know one else can tell you not to drink or you have to change only you can. I will pary for your strangth while I pray for mine.

When I started writting this I didn't realize how old your post was. How are you doing now?

Only drink water and cranberry juice from now on. Coffee, caffine, soda, beer, wine, wiskey and the like will bring back the pain!

No you dont have to go to hell, just tell God you are sorry for your sinful life and please to forgive you. And then you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and really mean it and heaven is yours whenever you die.

Hi All I have similiar symptoms to everyone here. I have been drinking heavily for the last 7 years or so . Anywhere from 3to  8 glasses of wine or beer or rum a night. Usually mostly wine. And recently started having a pressure pinching feeling under my right rib. It seems to get worst if I drink. I have cut down to a few times a week but have not been feeling well. I noticed above someone mentioned even if there clothes rub against there rib its uncomfortable. Even sleeping on that side is unpleasant.

How long does it take to seriously dmage your liver? I suffer from Social anxiety and have found a few drinks make it so much easier to let go. I am struggling not to drink but dont want to die from cirrosis either.

I also had an ultrasiound and bloodtests all were good.Does anyone notice they get bloated after eating also? I find I always have an uncomfotable pressure under my rib and at night it seems to get a bit worst after I eat. (bloating)

Any suggestions advice?

I hope u found help. I'm in the same boat as u. I hope I can find help b4 it's too late.

Ok gays I had the same simptoms when in the same picture. Im a 67 years old man and this could be just a temporary releave and the right and safetiest thing to do is quiting alcohol but I discovered that by taking one pill of 50 mg of Fenazopiridina (under different brand names) before drinking and one each 6 hours after I took the first one totalling 6 or 7 pills, I didn't get kedneys pain any more after drinking. I'm not a heavy drinker allthough I was when I was younger.

Very sorry. English is not my native language. I ment Guys and not gays in my previous message. Hope my recipe works for you to.