I was on Suboxene for close to 5 years. About two years ago, I finally (thank God) got myself off this medication from hell. 10 months ago, my teeth suddenly began to literally rot, crumble and fall out. Once this started, I began to lose teeth, one by one, in a matter of 3 weeks. After visiting my dentist, I was told every tooth remaining had to be pulled and have dentures made. Keep in mind I am only 41 years old. You can imagine the impact this had on many areas in my life, mostly crushing any self confidence remaining.

After research, there are MANY people who shared extremely similar stories. Something needs to be done to have the maker of Suboxone responsible. Periodically I search for class action law suits and haven't been able to find any.

same here been addicted on all kind of pills for 12 years no teeth probloms or whats o ever 4 years on suboxone and i lost every single tooth in my mouth now i am using fake ones that i keep in a cup right bseside me when i sleep

I've been on suboxone for 3-4 years now. I'm 34 years old, I've had a few cavities in my life but nothing major. Now after these years on suboxone all my teeth must be extracted and I will have to get dentures. I cannot afford this, so I'm living with terrible tooth pain and constantly get absesses. I dont know what to do, I'm very stressed over this. I think a class action suit is needed, I dont have the know how to get one started but would certainly join in.

I too was a long-term Suboxone user. I took 3-8mg sublingual tablets per day for over 3 years. And I noticed after the first year or so that my teeth, which weren't perfect, but not that bad, were literally beginning to disintegrate. I have now lost over 5 teeth because of this drug. My dentist noticed it and when i first did a google search and found this site and others like it, I stopped taking the Suboxone immediately. I am now trying to get my teeth fixed/replaced, and I've found a lawyer who thinks that I have a case against the manufacturer because of the lack of warning against this severe side effect of long-term usage of the drug. If anyone out there is willing to step forward and help me, tell their story and likely give a deposition to the lawyer, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I'm actually surprised that a class-action lawsuit hasn't been brought against Reckit for this gross negligence in notifying people of this effect. I'm 100% sure that they are aware of it by now. If you can help me, please contact me ASAP.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

~Mark

Mark, if you read my post on page one, you'll see my story. My teeth started to rot about a year and a half after taking suboxone. I've always been told "youi have beautiful teeth" or " you have such a nice smile" Just had 2 extractions and need about 4 or 5 more. I'm completely devastated.
I mentioned a class action lawsuit, but was told by many that the courts will just look at us as drug addicts, etc. I know here in NY, the State attorney general IS BLAMING the doctors for the prescription drug abuse problem and...he's right. Then you want to stop and they get you hooked on ANOTHER OPIATE, but know nothing about the drug.
Can I ask what type of lawyer you contacted? I know two very good med mal lawyers and I'm in the medical field, but suing a drug company it would have to be a class action suit. Anyway, if you don't mind telling us what type of lawyer you contacted I'd appreciate it. I need money to pay for all the new teeth I'll be getting since they're all cracking, chipping, literally falling out. Thanks.
Heidi

yea i am willing to do that and it will be my pleasure i am going of the country to have surgery and get 6 teeth planted in a month couse dentists outside the states cost a whole a lot cheaper than here even with my insurance but as soon i get back i can get in touch with and send u the disposition along with the medical records that proof that suboxone was the reason of my suffering my email is

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

contact me soon pls. johny

I agree. It has taken me two years to detox and I am thinking the same thing. This is a bad drug. They don't tell you what it does to your body/mind/soul. Almost impossible to get ofdf, the most painful detox. They lure you in and it's a trap. An EXPENSAIVE trap. I have spent three yeas as a total shut in. It has affected every area of my life. My health...yes just had to have major dental...mine will cos 7,000. The other problem is since it's such a long acting drug.if you have a serious medical issue like a car wreck pain meds will not work. This is a bad drug. They sell false help. They don't tell you it's impossible to get of of. This has absolutely destroyed the last three years of my life. I regret the day I ever bought into it. I have Lupis and was taking Vicodans...they had "the majik solution" A huge lie. I have suffered profoudly because of this. I am 9 days off...living hell and I too want to sue this company. Has affected my eyesight dramatically, my teeth, my thought process and on and on. Yes, this drug is a big black lie.

is subutex just as bad for ur teeth ?,,and if you are hooked what do you to get clean with out subs.i have a job and life i cant just hurt and withdrawl for a week or 2 

OMG.... I'm going threw the same with the same feelings as yourself. I know this post was awhile ago, but I would love to chat with you on this topic......

I reared up when I read your post......toothless. I'm going threw the exact same thing. I used to be pretty. Now I'm a 32 year old single mom that does no other drugs other than Suboxone. I don't drink. I try my best to live life right. Due too Suboxone, I'm depressed, have high anxiety, tired all the time, have no social life, I'm unhealthy looking... almost all my teeth have rotted and I'm in constant agony. Suboxone has ruined who I was before! ........ been on it 5 yrs...

Because of the damage done to my teeth, which literally disintegrated from the INSIDE out because of this particular opiate,(I've been taking opiates for years before this and after and none of them or the "dry mouth" condition caused me any dental problems) my dentist and I have a lawsuit going. If you have a similar story and would be willing to help me, please PM me and let me know ASAP. This is a time-sensitive situation, so please don't waste any time in contacting me.

Thank you.

~Mark/Zeoran

Scott,

Not everyone put on Suboxone is done so because they are an "addict" as you put it. I was put on Suboxone, not because I was an addict, but because my Pain Dr. thought it would help with my chronic lower back pain...and it did. It worked very well, short of the side effects to my teeth, which I didn't find out about until years later. And I'm still taking strong and high dosage opiates because of my condition. And the "dry mouth" thing with opiates isnt' a factor in my case either. My teeth were doing just fine for years before and they have settled down and stopped falling out a while after I stopped taking Suboxone. So be careful what you say about people and how quickly you JUDGE and GENERALIZE them.

Took 12 mg first time got deathly sick called ambulance went To emergency room .why should  I pay the bills the suboxene did it

I am now having my last twelve teeth pulled and am having to get dentures because of this medication, so I am right there with you. I actually just found your post because I was looking to see if there were any class action suits against them. The expenses that I have incurred at the dentist&oral surgeon is in the thousands, its so not fair, I went on theis stuff to help myself and now am being tortured. Im not even 40 years old and have to wear dentures. I am horrified and embarrassed, its a nightmare. Lets not mention that when I started going to the dentist bc my teeth were basically dissolving they looked at and treated me like I was a crack head. I take 16 mg. 8 in the morning and 8 in the afternoon and to b honest I want to get off of it, but am terrified bc Ive heard the withdrawl is worse than anything I already went through...not really sure what to do here.

I wish u would have read your feedback about suboxone 3 years ago. I also have thousands if dollars in dental bills. My dentist recently told me my teeth are dissolving, but he's not sure why until I told him that I recently stopped taking suboxone. He looked up suboxone & teeth and found your response. Has there ever been a class action filed? If not, I will contact my attorney!