My personal opinion is that I would gladly hand over every tooth in my mouth if it meant that I could continue to live the life my family and I have regained since I started subs in 2009.

Hey zeoran, I noticed that you tried to contact me about my post and your lawsuit. How is your lawsuit going? I'd be very interested in getting involved in this in someway. I tried to send you an e-mail but couldnt figure out how. I'm no registered so you should be able to send me one.

My teeth are getting much worse. My dentist swore that I grew up drinking well water or something like that, he was baffled. Suboxone is the only thing that could be causing all this damage. My gums are just slowly diminishing. Still on suboxone :( . Want to quit sooo bad. Kicking it is harding than the actual drug that I was using in the first place. 

ive been on suboxone for 3 years and my dental health has decreased 100%.....I have decay on all top teeth and the bottom teeth in the back has all broken off and rotted.....PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U DO HAVE A SUITE ILL BE RIGHT THERE.......STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.....thanks

Ya, I'm sorry to say that I too am on suboxone and am having teeth problems but it's absolutely because I have failed to alleviate the dry mouth that comes with the symptoms by simply drinking enough water! It's stupid but I have always had trobke drinking water. That has changed I have started drinking 8 glasses of water or more a day and I'm gonna go to my dentist and see if they have something to help with it......I really don't think it's the suboxone. Drink water!

SAME problem not a CAVITY in my mouth at 28 years old,I now need veneers on my Hollywood smile as of two and a half years ago....

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If no class action suit, I'll do it alone.

My info posted below, my teeth are becoming ORANGE along the gumline, if THAT'S NOT proof, what is?Read my post below, under MicBer

Hi mark. My name is Angela. Would love to chat w/ you concerning this matter. Unfortunately, I have been on subs for a little over 5 years. I am in the same situation and have waited years for people to start talking about how this horrible drug is affecting our health and destroying our lifes. I'm posting my phone number. I know it's crazy but, what do I have left to lose that Suboxone hasn't already taken. I would love to join a suit. We have stories to tell and we need to tell them together. I would love for my 6 yr. Old son to know his mommy for the first time. I would love to not be judged n labeled has a crack head due to my teeth rotting. I would love to be able to get hired in a demanding field so I can support my family and buy new teeth. I would love to be off this horrible drug that I never should of been given in the first place. We have to stand together n fight w/ what strength we have left. Together we are stronger and I believe we can win w/ the right "tools". I'm in Texas. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Someone please contact me ASAP about the above discussion. I'm a medical person with interesting situation. wold love to talk to someone about this via phone if u would like. Thanks

How can you say that when this medication is the only thing that comes into contact w your teeth? You swollow a pill it's over it doesn't sit on your teeth the way sub does. My back teeth are gone after a year of this use and used pain pills for 5 w no extractions.

I was on Suboxone an I weaned myself off of it cuz of the side effects of not eating, increased sweating, & dental problems ! The FDA just made them add dry mouth to Suboxone side effects which I never had but had I known that this drug literally eats the enamel of your teeth from the inside out I would never have put this drug into my body !! I have a rare kidney disease that cause me chronic kidney stones and pain an I didn't want to take the narcotics !!! Suboxone ruined my teeth to where I had to have a 6-7 hr oral surgery under general anesthesia !! This is a bad drug an I feel that there will be a law suit some day ! An I suggest that anyone on this drug that is having problems to gradually cut down an wean themselves off or go to a trained pain management dr for something else !!! Glad to know I am not alone !!!

Megan,
You are in my prayers and everything you post is the truth, particularly about the Holy Spirit!!! I am a dentist and my husband has recently lost 6 teeth in the last year while on suboxone, while under my care!!! It breaks my heart, needless to say. This side effect needs to be publicized and I will do anything to help you with this cause. It is unforgivable that this drug is dispensed. God bless you!

Mark,
I am a dentist in Ohio and I have seen the damage suboxone use causes first hand. My own husband, whom I can document had excellent teeth, has now lost 7 teeth in the last 3 years. I am interested in helping you in any way in a class action law suit. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you and good luck to you. Denise Griffon, D.D.S.

I haven't seen any posts on this subject since a year ago. I hope someone is still following up on this. I've been on pain killers for at least 10 yrs and other meds that cause dry mouth. With all the meds I've tried, I've never hear of Suboxene either...REALLY! /so I believe it's any med that causes dry mouth. I was just told that I need dentures and I'm not ready for that! The year before that my teeth had a few problems, but not to that point. So who's to blame here? I've been to every one of my cleanings and checkups and nothing was said at all. Since I wasn't ready mentally for dentures..never heard anything good about them...I went to Clear Choice, which I believe is nation wide, to get their FREE evaluation. He agreed with my orig dentist that all my teeth need to be replaced. For those of you who don't know, they only do implants.The cost is $24,500/per plate ,uppers or lowers! Of course this is elective and not covered by any insurance that I know of. Only in the last couple of yrs, have I heard of this "dry mouth" problem and ads for Biotene, which I tried and didn't help me. So again, I ask, who is at fault? Is it the pharmacuticals, the drs. who prescribe them or maybe the dentist who are suppose to be aware of the meds you are taking and give your stern warnings. I would like to know if any of you or anyone else has found out any more information. I'm inclined to believe the person who wrote "good luck with getting any help on a class actionsuit. I'm going to call a few attorneys anyway, just to hear what they have to say. Maybe something has changed in the last year. Would like anyone to respond to see what you ended up doing. Thanks

Since you are a dentist, maybe you can answer one of my questions in response below. Are dentists required to be on top of the problems that certain meds can do to your teeth? Looking forward to your response.

Okay ! 1st suboxone is also used to treat chronic pain and suffering but it doesn't mean a person is an addict or misused opiates