Loved your reply, It looked as if i too wrote what you just wrote. lol anyways, i am now reading about what this drug does to tooth and i just answered my own question. unbeleivable! we have to do something about this, and i will definitly do as you suggested to put in a complaint to the fda and posts on forums, hopefully our prayers will one day be answered when we see a commercial about lawyers seeking people who suffered while on the drug sobuxone,
Thanks so much

I am a dentist from Ohio and your stories break my heart. A member of my family was on Suboxone over a several year period without telling me. I watched as his teeth went from near perfect to dissolving to pieces and I tried EVERYTHING to keep this from happening. Fluoride trays on every day, oral probiotics, constant cleanings, fillings, crowns ... eventually he lost 10 teeth in spite of my best efforts. And eventually I found out he was on the Suboxone. This drug was never meant to be used long term and I am here to tell you, get off of it. Better yet, never get on it. I can't imagine not winning a class action lawsuit over this. Good luck to all you.

wait a minute... you're telling me that NO judge would listen to someone who is recovering from multiple back surgeries who took their pain meds AS PRESCRIBED and then in order to get off of them was prescribed "buprenorphine" and had ZERO dental issues for 10 years until being on buprenorphine for 6 months????? Im calling BS! that is saying that the manufacturer of the drug, bup, has no liability because of the reason it is prescribed blankets that... no way!!! ... and for your information, bup is ALSO used as a "pain management" medicine because it DOES provide some relief. (as part of the step down program).... if this manufacturer KNOWS that this medicine causes tooth loss then it should be WELL NOTED and it is NOT...

I'm not sure how recent this article is, but I'm having to have ALL OF MY TEETH replaced with implants after taking suboxone for 2 years! All of my teeth have rotted, and I'm down to just my front teeth now, because all the rest have been pulled. I want to sue them also!!! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Mark contact me! Tis is happening to me !!! One year! Teeth crumbling out. I never had this problem before! I have them at gum level! What s going on? I was on pain medication and NEVER hs a problem! went on subutex lost half my hair and my teeth are rotting!!! I cannot afforf this dental bill with a PPO and dental insurance!! I never used hard drugs before, I was never told about the my teeth rotting! IM very freaked out I have xrays to prove the amount of damage please contact me. 

Because of Subs. ..This Tuesday morning I'm having 15 teeth extracted and a denture put in.... great med isn't it

Hello, I am 42 years old and I have been on Suboxone for 11 years. First I was on 48mg or 6 pills a day. I lost all my teeth within 3 years of starting. I suffer every day with Dentures and always thinking people can tell I have dentures due to my speech with them in. I am now on to 16mg or 2 pills per day. Loosing all my teeth at 40 was the hardest thing in the world for me. Implants are way too expensive for me especiially since I killed my credit when I was addidcted to Opiate Pain Killers due to a spinal condition. I tried to taper off suboxone for 5 excrutiating days when it just became to much to handle. Now I am starting to hear allot about Mini Dental Implants which are basically smaller dentures that "snap-in" to posts drilled into ones jaw. I am hopefull about this new aperatus. I cant lie and say without Suboxone I probrobly would have lost all my family and died years ago. The truth is that I have been having a pretty nomal life since I replaces opiates with suoxone. So as you can see Im pretty conflicted about its positives and negatives.

Thanks

I understand how your feeling. Loosing all my teeth at 40 was the hardest thing in the world for me. Implants are way too expensive for me especiially since I killed my credit when I was addidcted to Opiate Pain Killers due to a spinal condition. I tried to taper off suboxone for 5 excrutiating days when it just became to much to handle. Now I am starting to hear allot about Mini Dental Implants which are basically smaller dentures that "snap-in" to posts drilled into ones jaw. I am hopefull about this new aperatus. I cant lie and say without Suboxone I probrobly would have lost all my family and died years ago. The truth is that I have been having a pretty nomal life since I replaces opiates with suoxone. So as you can see Im pretty conflicted about its positives and negatives.

Thanks

I have all my front lower teeth need to come out becase the roots are dead they are all lose. I always took pride in cleaning my teeth and this company has ruin my life

I am looking for an attorney to suit the maker of Suboxone on behalf of dead son. Committed suicide attempting to withdraw from Suboxone. Anyone know any attorneys who are familar with suboxone

Im only 32, and i've had 6 teeth pulled and have another 10k dollars worth of work to be done.  I was dependant on hydrocodeine pills, wasnt a hardcore junkie(no offense) but i tool about 8-10 a day,  anyone had any luck

Suboxone sved my life

My son took suboxone for 4 months. Next week he has to have 15 teeth extracted by an oral surgeon. His teeth were nearly perfect before. I wish I knew an attorney who would help all of us. I don't have the funds to do it alone. Maybe one would consider pro bono. I'll start calling around. This sucks!!

I had an 8k dental bill and lost 2 teeth also needed 3 crowns all in the last year and all due to being on suboxone for the last several years. yes literally 8 thousand f*****g dollars i too would definitely like to sue

You are so horribly wrong. NOT everyone on subutex takes it for opiate abuse. I too have to lose every single tooth in my mouth because of this drug. Regardless of why one is taking it, we trust these pharmaceutical companies to have our best interest. It's now going to cost me 60k which I would NOT have this expense of it were not for this drug. Period. You are sadly mistaken. Class action immediately