I had my tonsils and adnoids pulled in 2009 after being on suboxone for 1 yr. The doctor that did my surgery said I had lots of infection in my throat. I did not think it was because of the suboxone but now I wonder because I have been taking it but alot less but my throat is still screwed up. I have quit smoking drinking along time ago but it does not matter I think because of the sublingual way you take it. It can mess up all of the throat, mouth, tongue, and the stomach let alone you're job and life. But when you look at the big picture they are going to say I got myself into it and I have tyo get myself out. I have went from one and a half 8 mg. to 4mg so far and I amn going to finish the job quitting. I have not had the side effects as bad except for I want to sleep at all times of the day. No energy

Since 2006 I have been on Subutex.I'am 37yrs old,and I have full upper and lower dentures.It is very embarrassing to say this at my age,but I'am very thankful that I'am able to smile and have my confidence back(also being able to enjoy eating again.Prior to my dental work my teeth became more and more sensitive each time I took the Subutex.I know my tooth decay is a direct link to the Subutex.

YES ...I have an attorney we can talk to . My teeth are literally ROTTING out of my mouth. It stops Calcium form being absorbed into the body. HOWEVER they do not warn of tooth decay in their warnings.........

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Get off the soap box u wack bag.. Stop blaming a substance and either look in the mirror or grow up and recognize its just a coincidence.. 8mg was the lowest your body could accept wo withdrawal makes no sense & i gurantee u it is like this bc u pbly stayed on 20-24 mgs ,(which is an insane dose to start off with & u must have stayed w that amount for 6-10 mths.

I also have acquired a mouth full of cracked and broken teeth from suboxone. I have never done meth but I do now look like a meth head. My teeth went from near perfect a few years ago to my last dentist visit saying I need 14 teeth extracted. I'm very sad to say the least. So, I would certainly think that a class action lawsuit for damages, with no warning ever about this side effect, would be appropriate. Sign me in and hook me up!

Please let me know what I need to do to get the info about this attorney. I want to stop future users of this tooth rotting sub! Not to mention get some compensation for my humongus dental bills!

What's wrong with you angry person?

I was on subs for about 5 years. Stopped taking it a few days ago.... Anyway I went from beautiful white teeth to huge problems!!!! Destroyed calcium, enamel, cavities, root canals. Its awful! What can we do???

Listen. I've been on this stuff since they put it on the streets. I am warning you all that if you take this stuff long term you will either end up on methadone your entire life or in rehab for a year or two or you'll just kill yourself. I have lost countless friends to this drug. They were on it and everything was fine. then they lose their scripts for pot or something stupid and then they are suicidel. I see it all the time. Dont' take this sh*t. Listen to someone that knows. I need to have all my bottom teeth pulled and I brush regularly but it dries out your mouth and makes them decay regardless. I guess if you have a bad problem with dope it would be a good buffer but this stuff is bad. Real Bad. 

I have been on suboxone for almost 2 years and my teeth have gone downhill since starting. I used to never get cavities and within the last two years I've had several filled including two crowns. Now my bottom front teeth are decaying on the inside near the gum line. I can't stop playing with it with my tongue and some pieces of tooth broke off and now I'm worried I'll be losing the tooth soon. Don't have a lot of money the way it is. Not sure if I'll ever get to see a dentist. Makes me afraid what will happen to the rest of my teeth. Now I want to stop taking the suboxone but it helped so much with my dependency. Sigh... Idk what to do.

I'll put aside the fact that you sound like a condescending little prick, and try to remember that the world is full of know-it-all jerks like you. Who apparently thinks that because someone had a drug problem, despite the fact that their in recovery and bettering themselves. You believe your superior to them for just the latter fact. You do realize that you come off sounding like an ignorant fool. Do you work in the pharmaceutical sector or field of medicine that would make you an expert in this particular situation? Or are you just being an as****e? Before you continue to on your fact less rant, ask yourself why your even including your dribble to this forum that you clearly know nothing about. I believe the answer would be low self esteem. The old adage of putting others down to lift yourself up, comes to mind. If you by the off chance are actually trying to help (which we both know isn't the most likely reason) you should choose your words more carefully, and leave your ego at the door. Mahalo

To the poster who wrote that everyone is on suboxone for abusing opiates- I'm sorry but you are incorrect. I have seen people put on Subutex for chronic pain management when they literally had been tried on the weaker opiates for a very cried time (1 week). Not all doctors have sufficient education to be treating pain but they try anyway. From what I have seen in the hospital and community I would have to say that Suboxone should be used only for a three or four day taper to ease the patient through the worst part. Yes, there's always PAWS to worry about but if more patients were taught that PAWS existed in the first place, they might be more ready to deal.

We're so far in debt because of Suboxone has done to husband's teeth, we may loose everything...we're with you!!!

I just read your post and I am in shock!!! I felt as if I just read my own story!!! I am not exaggerating one bit!! Your experience has been exactly what I've experienced. I do not know how to get in contact with everyone for a lawsuit against the manufacturer. This has been something I've been trying to figure out for a while. I am not a drug addict, I have never and have nor have I ever been. I have never done Heroin or any illegal substance. I DID have to have $30,000.00 worth of dental work!!! It was just a miracle that my family was able to help me in the end. I experienced EVERYTHING you have. I promise you. I understand the shame & embarrassment that you have been through as well as the fear.Please give me a way to reach you. I do not care what any one that is being negative on this thread has to say!! NO one understands except the people that have had to live thru this. Please give me any way to reach you for further discussion. *C*

Is there a dentist that will help?