So has anyone ever went to a lawyer?? I have the same situation and feel like they should pay for all my dental work.. I need 11 teeth pulled or root canals and it has nothing to do with the drugs I did in the past..

I would love to know more about this. I have been on it for 6 years and it has destroyed my teeth. Is there any legal action going on?

i'm in! Same problem as you. I've been on it for 6 years and my teeth are crumbling. Never had any teeth problems before this.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've been on it since 2008 started at 4 8 milligram pills a day now down to one and a half and I don't have any troubles with my teeth. but I have also wondered if it could cause that?

Just had four teeth pulled, and probably will need more pulled, from suboxone

I feel exactly the same! Except I've been on methadone for 2.5 years and eat healthy, brush twice a day and more importantly use flossers after eating anything. I have lost three teeth. Two in past 2 weeks! I have never lost teeth. Fillings falling out too. Am now missing upper front tooth. I'm a 38 year old man and am scared of what this is doing to bones where blood cells form and adrenal glands. Unless you have no other options do not even consider "THE CLINIC". I'll stop before I rant on but had I known...:( And I became addicted after a 18 month oxi/back surgery experience. I know about accountability but where's their's? When pain doc and insurance drop you and people suggest center for behavioral health? RUN as fast as you can!

I ended up here today after searching "suboxone and tooth decay" . My only jobs have been in general dentistry and orthodontics so I always had to keep a great, healthy smile. My teeth were absolutely perfect! Exquisite oral hygiene! I have been on sub for 5½ years for chronic pain after checking myself into rehab in 2010. I started with 32 mg (4 tabs per day) suboxone and after 2 yrs was taken down to 3 tabs per day...currently. I was searching today because, since starting sub I have only 16 teeth left in my mouth!! Five of those are broken and 3 hv cavities! Wish I had known sooner! Thx

Anybody find a lawyer? Suboxone ruined my teeth after long term use of the drug. Class action suit?

I have been on methadose for 14months now and can actually see my teeth grind down nightly. two have cracked and pieces have come out. After reading hundreds of posts with all similar stories I have gathered that it is not just suboxone or methadose/methadone causing the problems, its all opiates. Its just that these are extremely potent. I read on one post from a dentist explaining that it is caused by the lack of blood circulation/flow to the bones teeth and gums, caused by the meds. If a dentist is aware of this then the medical community must be! I am still searching for any lawsuit history.....the only one I have found (greg Lee vs actiq) . A Texas man has filed a lawsuit against Cephalon, the maker of Actiq Fentanyl lollipops, alleging that the sugar in the lollipops rotted his teeth and resulted in $37,000 in dental work...............I looked it up and they settled out of court because I couldn't find any closing court dates. ANYONE know any good pharma lawyers?

Hello all! I am working with a Doctor that has already reported his findings that Suboxone is causing exellerated tooth decay in many of his patients. We are trying to get everybody that feels that they have dental issues involved in a class action lawsuit. We are currently conducting a study linking tooth decay to suboxone. Feel free to email with your story and I will get back to you and keep you posted on the status of the class action lawsuit.

Hello all! I am working with a Doctor that has already reported his findings that Suboxone is causing exellerated tooth decay in many of his patients. We are trying to get everybody that feels that they have dental issues involved in a class action lawsuit. We are currently conducting a study linking tooth decay to suboxone. Feel free to email with your story and I will get back to you and keep you posted on the status

You couldn't be further than the truth

Who do I contact?

Yes, I've had horrid problems with my teeth since I started taking the subxone. But it's my choice so I have to accept the consequences of that choice. Sueing a DR who prescribed it would be ridiculous. Another way our addiction manifest is that we try to blame others for things that go wrong in our lives. Work the steps, take responsibility.

You don't sue the doctor  you use the drug maker for a problem with their medication. No where under side effects do they list that your teeth will rot. If you don't think people sue drug manufacturers why do you always see commercials on tv of lawyers asking if you or a loved one have taken a certain medication? Because drug companies can be liable for certain adverse effects to their medication that they don't properly disclose.