I experienced sudden night time episodes of extreme abdominal pain, fainting, hot clamminess and diarrhoea about 3-4 times a year just before a period since puberty. Doctors were NO help at all. I believe it has nothing to do with diet or nutrition, most likely a form of endometriosis. My advice is keep your bathroom floor clean, because you will appreciate those cool tiles when you regain consciousness! It wipes you out, but IT WILL NOT KILL YOU. Good news is, it seems to decrease with age. I am now 51, have three children and haven't had an episode for 5 years, and rarely in the last 15 years. Stay strong, don't fear it, live with it.

Hi Guest - just wondering if you are female, And if so, have you been checked for endometriosis? It can cause alot of bowel issues including fainting.

I started having this happen after my gallbladder was removed. 10 years later, I still have this issue several times a year. I had a full hysterectomy over 15 years ago so not related to that. Mine is due to no gall bladder. No specific trigger. When it happens the severe stomach pain starts, diareah mixed with heavy sweating, throwing up and almost passing out. I too will lay in the tile floor to cool off but usually can't get away from the toilet and trash can for an hour.

Yes i get alot wana be sick.sometimes some times hurts to walk some times bad headaches wana sleep go pale as hot sweats then.go cold as cant warm up for ages shower helps so exhausted after im coeliac diabetic to guna go see gp tue

Check for gluten intolerance!

Did you find out? I have this too

I am a guy of 48 , I have had it nearly all my life , I use mebeveren and it works if I take it as soon as i get a twinge , because normally before the hell starts it gives you a bit of notice , so i take the tablet right away and pray it is going to work , sometimes it does'nt but most of the time it does .

Hi everyone. It sounds like we're all having a "vasovagal response" or "vasovagal episode", but we might have different underlying issues that are resulting in these episodes. I've been reading through this whole chat site, doing my own investigating, and going to tons of medical testing, and have learned the following. IBS or other stomach issues can TRIGGER an autonomic reaction or vasovagal response (sweating, chills, low blood pressure, hyperventilating, and complete emptying of the digestive tract). So you need to treat the stomach issue or whatever is triggering the episodes!!!

Hyocyamine SL (sublingual - under the tongue) helps me if I take it at the first sign of an episode. I want to get some kind of necklace to always wear that can hold 2 pills. I'm also taking 1/2 dose of a laxative (Miralax) daily to help with regularity. The more stool you have, the worse the episode, so the laxatives can help.

I've tried exercise, caffeine free, increased fiber, low sugar diet, gluten free diet, etc., and nothing has helped me except the Hyocyamine (treat) and Miralax (prevent).

Other terms and issues you may want to investigate for yourself are: autonomic disregulation, gluten intolerance, abdominal migraine, epilepsy. I hope this helps! It's nice to know that other people can understand what I'm going through, but I'm sorry you all are suffering, too. Hang in there.

I can validate most of these post written. I am 54 years old. I had many issue with my period when I had it, no longer due to a partial hysterectomy. I do have IBS-C, it seems to be getting worse. I often find this to happen when Im around the time I would have my period (phantom that is). Just last night my stomach cramped terribly and I went the first time and it was a little poop. An hour later cramps worsened and I went to the restroom and my whole body went into a sweat. I was so sick I thought i was going to pass out. Scared to be found on the floor by ambulance. My roomate came in and found me. I poop on myself, peed and felt like I wanted to throw up. I'm hoping with giving up cheese it will help. I don't eat beef, chicken nor pork.

Omg I get exactly what you get sometimes right before my period. I get horrible stomach cramps sometimes if I'm sleeping I wake up, run to the bathroom, nauseous, start sweating uncontrollably like I'm going to faint, diahrrea. Sometimes I throw up when I'm really tired or under emotional stress. One time I went to infirmary in college but right after the episode I got my period. So if I get these symptoms I take Tylenol right away. It helps tremendously... I still need to diharrea bc the Tylenol doesn't kick in fast enough but it stops me from throwing up at least. If it's not food poisoning or something else for you, does it happen right before your period?? For me it always does except for food poisoning which is rare. Maybe it's caused from ibs which gets worse before periods? All I know is that I get same symptoms too but right before my periods!!! Good luck!!!

that sounds like your gall bladder. I had same symptoms while driving my car, had to get out and lay on the pavement to cool off, had gallbladder out

I'm 64 very gluten intolerant, stay on a strict diet went off yesterday and going through the same symptoms watch your diet

I know how bad the pain is . I tell everyone that it is worse the the pain of child birth. I don't know if this will help anyone but I have figure out when I eat raw vegetables mainly lettuce that I have an attack.

I have the same thing at first the Dr said its pain on right side that comes and goes drenching sweat once my bowel s move pain goes away. I was told its the same cramps as labor pains. Spells don't happen now as often. But stress does affect it, since the ribs I have been diagnosed with celiac disease, the pain comes from the small intestines contracting, my test was a tissue biopsy 99 percent positive. Gluten free helps but stress will bring on a one of the episodes but very far apart, if u have ribs chances are u have a food allergy,and even lactose along with it.

The rib is IBS