Bad news I'm 70 didn't start until late 60s, I was diagnosed with celiac disease a month ago, first it was IBS, now celiac but they did a tissue biopsy was positive. Now on gluten free but stress will bring a episode on. autoimmune diseases all seem to be related, if u have one you usually end up with two or more. I have thyroid disease for 8 years now celiac.

I sympathize with the women who have these complaints. At the same time Im somewhat relieved I'm not alone. For one year, 2010, I had periodic episodes of sudden nausea quickly accompanied by ice cold sweating and nausea worse than any nausea I've ever had. Indescribable. I end of on the bathroom floor just moaning, nearly wanting to die, for about 20 minutes. Then prolonged diarrhea, which makes nausea etc go away.
I ended up in the ER twice--once because it was on a floor in a public restroom where I lay mid-attack & someone called an ambulance. I had diarrhea for 6 hours after that till blood was coming out.
While I was in the ER all that time, a gastroenterologist eventually came by. Without much help from him I asked if taking metamucil and a small amount of powdered laxative might help. "Coudn't hurt," he said.
I do have IBS and sometimes painful colon spasm, and an abnormally long colon, but the doctors I'd seen that year just dismissed my symptoms completely. (Just to note-I had fairly bad periods & often diarrhea with the cramps)
So! I'm here to say that I have a tablespoon of Metamucil and a teaspoon of Miralax dissolved in 1/3 glass of water every night and have not had one of those horrible episodes since. (And colonoscopy was just fine)
It's January 2018 now but I still remember how awful those attacks were.
I hope other sufferers read this, or have doctors who care enough to help. Good luck!

I know that many women have responded to this issue, but as a man I have the same problem. It seems to happen around midnight, cramping in abdomen, heavy sweat , sudden diarrhea, face turns white and some nausea. The cool tile floor helps cool things down after this let's up. Sometimes I have to go back for a 2nd round but usually ends within 30min. This happens at least once per year and nothing has shown up on any tests.

In 54 of age, the past few days i had endive head sweats and the third day l had the diarrhea. All day long.

I get this every time someone cooks hamburger that's still pink on the inside.. like clock work for me.. 6 hours after..

Over the last 10 or so years, I've had middle of the night episodes where I will have terrible cramps, basically waves of cramps that feel like my intestines rolling over and pressure towards my rectum. I believe this to be gas as eventually I am able to fart and I will have a hard stool come out then the waves of cramps are each followed by waves of severe diarrhea.

Along with the cramping I will have cold sweats and occasionally feel light headed. Recently I've also thrown up when this occurs.

I have never seen a doctor. My best description is a 30 minute flu, and it's the worst flu ever, but then I'm fine other than being sore and exhausted and it always happens overnight.

Recently it has started occuring several times a year as opposed to several years in between episodes.

I believe it to be food related as the first few times were on road trips when I was eating lots of fast food. I've tried to track what specifically causes it. I thought perhaps dairy, but tonight I didn't have any. For me the common thread seems to be generally not eating healthy leading up to it.

I have read about abdominal migraines and IBD. I don't know that this really fits the symptoms, but it was interesting to see I'm not alone.

I am finding out through my own research that for me it is about reducing my carb and sugar intake (which has helped with some ear pain issues also), eating heathy fats and proteins, staying away from processed foods, using only good oils for cooking etc...has helped me. I didn't realize how bad some food is for us. It is sad that all this processed food is all about the $ and not about our health : \

It may be due to a drop in blood sugar overnight. Look into hypoglycemic attacks.

I experienced the same thing sporadically for many years and found out it was due to a drop in blood sugar overnight. It was more likely to happen if I was on my period or drank alcohol that night. Look into hypoglycemic attacks

Hi wow I'm so glad I'm not alone I've suffered with this for years had numerous tests scans etc all coming back clear. I was diagnosed with pmdd pre menstrual dysphoric disorder which of servere pmt so I just put ibs down to symptom of that as it is much worse before my period and when I ovulate too .
I recently went for a colonoscopy but they couldn't do it so I'm currently waiting on a ct scan then referral to colonoscopy again though I don't think they will find anything

I've suffered for as long as I can remember but has been getting worse last few years and stress doesn't help either. . I'm 36 yr old female. Going through this now too benn up in the night bad cramps sick profusely sweating then shaking toilet then fine again it's like there's some sort of blockage going on then gets dislodged lol sad thing is my 6 yr old sees me like this weekly sometimes daily crying on the loo it's not nice fortunately it doesn't phase him as it's normal to him me being like that and it shouldn't be

oh wow I have been going through this maybe 4 days a week for 6 months, I had reflux prior but this is way worst than that on a way bigger scale. but I'm happy I have something to mention to them because when it comes to women and our bellies we do have to be vigilant bc they are so dismissive about females and stomach pain.... I throw up bile though and when I eat my food comes back up my throat instead of going to be digested, doc warned me today about staying seated when I'm having attacks so I don't pass out.... the past 2 I really thought my family was gonna find me in the bathroom on the floor, ive been praying for results and something to work and not just work for a few months then right back to it as it was going from protonix stopping working then ranitidine now the ranitidine isn't working either ..... this is horrible way to have things I'm scared to eat or drink

Wow. So hard to believe that someone else actually understands exactly and yet I'm so sorry. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope we both can get some relief. I have learned after many years of this that something (likely the pain) triggers the vagus nerve which is what causes the sweating, low body temp., low bp and nausea.

Did you ever find out what was going on?

I have had episodes like this this as well. I recommend having your vitamin D level checked by your doctor. My allergist was telling me that I may have idiopathic anaphylaxis after many blood test and urine test to find answers as to why I was having these episodes. Only after going to see a dermatologist for increasing hair loss, I found out that I am severely vitamin D deficient. Now there is no way to directly link the deficiency to the episodes, but there are studies and research articles that do shed light in a connection between Vitamin D and allergy diseases including anaphylaxis.