I know that these boards are not necessarily intended for veterinary problems, but I am hoping for some advice. My dog, Fin, has been diagnosed with vasulitis recently. I love him very much and would hate for him to suffer. Is there anything I could do to make his life easier? I would appreciate any suggestions. He has already been prescribed some medication but it is very expensive. Thanks.

I have recently heard that there are vets that work with homeopathic treatments. Could you look into that? In fact, if you tell me where you live I will see if I can find vets in your area that do this. Mind you, if you love your dog and do not mind spending the extra money, I simply suggest continuing with the drugs that your vet has recommended. Good luck!

We are low income, and if we could easily afford the meds then I would not think twice about it. But besides the meds being expensive, I am under the distinct impression that Fin is still in a lot of pain. I am a notorious skeptic and I have read that homeopathy is no more than a money spinner, really, so I am a bit unsure about that one. For now, we will continue the meds, but if anyone has better ideas I would sure love to hear about them.