YES !! you can smoke pot.. trust me.. got mine out9 days ago,,, and yeah. ive gotten more high than i have in a while before the surgery... it helps with pain too:)

I think all you 13-16 year olds with your pot addiction are ridiculous. Yes we are all in pain, but be grateful you got your tonsils taken out when you were a child (under 18) because as you age it sucks even more and the recovery time is longer.

anonymous wrote:

I Smoke 400 Cigs A Day

very funny...

I got my toncillis out yesterday and nobody will tell me when i can have a fag im sittin around knowing i can go get one but my mum says i have to do the right thing but my friends have said when they got theres out they were smoking on there second day, before i went in for the op i said that i was gonna not smoke for 3 days after i got home but i dont think i have te will power to do it if im just gonna be sitting around all day

i am on the 5th day now and the pain is still really really bad, i had a tab on day 2 and i hurt for the first few seconds but i can smoke normally now. still canit eat what i would normally eat but on the way to being back to normall. Drinks lots of WATER!

I'm 18 been smoking cigarettes since i was 13 and im on my 8th day of recovery. hurts to swallow but havn't needed pain meds in about 3 days. It's white where my tonsils used to be. I feel like smoking but when i try it's just not like it used to be. Tastes horrible, smells horrible. But i enjoy smoking, it passes time. I'll quit when I start having kids but while i'm young i'll enjoy it. I suggest taking it easy when smoking, quick inhales you don't want the smoke on your scars.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use
I'm sure as hell not going to preach the dangers of smoking if your ass is dumb enough to smoke to begin with. But endangering yourself after an operation where you could hemorrhage to death brings you to a whole new level. Get a flipping nicotine patch and smack that sh*t on. And to the 14 year old smoking weed. Stop. It's way worse for you than tobacco. You're 14! Where are your parents?! There's no hope in dope and no need for weed.

im 17 and i just got home from my surgery. i woke up in the recovery room coughing like crazy but did not bleed. ive been a heavy smoker for two years and now im staring right at a cigarette dyeing to have one.. im gonna take the risk. best of luck to everyone. im on hydrocodone right now so im prob not thinking straight

you shouldnt be smoking anyway but besides that its not smart to smoke after a surgical procedure. Try the gum or patch or something else, just dont light one up

omg quit while you are ahead. i took this as an opportunity to quit. dont do it anyhow- after surery smoking can cause infections and slow the healing process dramatically- trust me i've seen it with my other surgery i had- not fun... not to mention the smoke will directly be touching the surgery site! dont do it- you will just have to quit again when you are older, after missing out on guys and social situations and all kinds of things because everyone hates smokers. use this time- your body is done with the physical withdraw of nicotine- why get hooked again?

I am a 17 year old female. I got my tonsils removed two weeks ago. I smoked four days after the operation and then regularly after that. On the tenth day, I woke up bleeding from the mouth. It eventually stopped, so I thought nothing of it. I went to school and everything. Later that day, it happened again. This time didn't stop so my mother took me to the ER. They had to re cuarterize my throat. I would hold off on smoking for as long as you can. It will help your healing process and will prevent this from happening to you!

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES!!! (VAPOR) I have smoked for 10 years now pack a day.  After my tonsillectomy surgery I went to Walgreens and picked up a disposable Electronic Cigarette (Blu Cig) and tried it out.  I like it a lot.  Tastes great, same feeling as smoking, can smoke indoors, doesn't bother me, none of the harmful chemicals in regular cigarettes, hacking tar out as if I had fully quit.  I am sold on it and will never go back.  They are relatively cheep and one disposable is 8$ and lasts all day (1pk+)  Do it and you will never want to smoke a real cigarette again.  Day 6 and wounds are healing up nicely.  Tried a patch but that just made me nautious.  Even smoked a regular cigarette first day out of surgery.  Never again after my new discovery.

I Literally had mine out on Wednesday
I started smoking like every 6 hours on
Saturday and I feel fine.

Well it has to do with eating properly and getting sufficient vitamins, and minerals to be healing quicker.. Im older and its my 10th day and im already feeling better. Lots of Ensure.. easy foods to eat, salt water gargles(softly) and with time it heals up.

I'm 18 and i waited four days after my surgery to go on a date Mary Jane. I really like her and I couldn't wait any longer. I'm still waitin for the scabs to fall off. Still good now and Mary Jane + Painkillers helps discract me and keep me busy