this was embarrassing to read

It's funny to see everyone address their age first. I'm 55 and had my tonsils removed 2hrs ago and smoked like 10joints already. The blood doesn't bother me. I just take it down with some good old whiskey: however; I don't recommend this to anyone. My throat is screwed up but that's why I'm getting cross faded as the young people would say

You my friend need to do your research on marijunana because naturally it has a lot of healing components. Smoking anything is not good for your bod but if you are going to smoke it’s best if it’s weed & weed is damn sure better than a freaking nicotine patch adding MORE harmful properties to your system as if the adhesive from the damn patch isn’t enough. Because I’m sure that’s modified to “stick” or last longer on your skin.

Probably because you’re 14 for one lmao. That’s still a kid. The younger you’re the faster you recover from tonsils removal surgery. I’m 20 and got mine removed today and feel like someone put a branding iron down my throat. I’ve been smoking for years and want one so bad but won’t bring myself to it because I don’t want to be put under again and re-cartirized because this was my 5th surgery

im 16, got my tonsils and adenoids out 5 days ago. i havent smoked in 6 days and i have a whole pack of cigs in my room but the pain is more overwhelming then the temptation to smoke, but im so BOR E D

BS 30 mins after waking up your in recovery for 6 hours what a liar

No don’t do it

I know this was last year
But I recently had a tonsillectomy. The day I came out of hospital, being so drugged up, I sparked one up. Since it was menthol it massively helped my throat, and I made sure I gargled salt water and used difflam on my throat, as well as taking Codeine straight after. This was my routine once a day until day 4. I couldn’t breathe, swallow, I couldn’t even speak and I was coughing up copious amounts of scar tissue. After dropping in and out of conciousness my sister took me to a&e and they said, although I had no infection on where the tonsillectomy was, there was an infection lower down in my throat. Fortunately I only had to stay in overnight for observation, but I highly recommend not smoking at all. There’s nothing scarier than throwing up blood when you’re 21 and otherwise fit and healthy. I’m on day 10 after my op and I’ve only just had my first half of a cigarette. I’d probably just quit whilst you’re young. I’ve been smoking 7 years and at times, quite heavily. Before my op I cut down to two a day and now I’m really struggling.

So for anyone that wants to know- or depends on your recovery. I would say, when 95% of the scar tissue has gone, when you’re back to eating solid foods and when you no longer need pain relief.

Was it okay to smoke though did it burn or anything

I’m 18 I got my tonsils removed last week, I’ve been smoking for 5 years and I can honestly say with the painkillers I’ve been in I haven’t even wanted to have a cig. I did although have a drag of one a few days ago and I’ll tell you now I instantly regretted it, it tasted different, it hurt, it made me feel sick and the day after the pain was atrocious. Honestly I just wouldn’t, I’d wait until you’re fully healed, I’m now too scared to even try my vape because of how bad the cig was.

So I just got my tonsils out today, literally 5hrs about, and I wanted to know the best time to have a cigarette because I know I’m going to need one before my recovery is over.