I been smokin hella weed scince they got taken out 4days ago...seems to help with my sleep and pain. I don't suggest joints tho..u want to try not to cough so much. I favor taking ice bong hits. It feels better than hot smoke in a pipe.

Why are you smoking in the first place? you are only 16!

when ur younger it doesnt affect you as much as an adult.

I quit smoking when I started having all my throat issues 6 months ago. I don't even miss is. 

Im a 24 year old woman and I do not smoke cigarettes, but I do love my MaryJane <3 I'm now day 11 post tonsillectomy and on day 9 I smoked out of a vaporizer & ate a special lolly-pop. It was great! The vaporizer is the least harsh way to smoke if you are going to, and in my opinion gives the best high as well. On day 10 I smoked out of a piece for the first time since before surgery. It was a bit more "harsh", but I was fine. I did begin losing my scabs early, the first one fell on day 5... But majority around days 7-10 and I am still losing them. No pain, no blood, no issues as far as smoking for me. I also had my first alcoholic beverage at dinner (day 10), a slushy frozen strawberry-banana margarita. Although it was delicious, cold and you bet your ass I finished it... The citrus of a margarita did slightly burn the healing flesh, so I will hold off of citrus and acidic food/drinks until the flesh is completely healed on my throat. 

The first 5-6 days is very rough! Pretty miserable in fact, but IT DOES GET BETTER. I had more medicinal complications with the pain killers, nausea, vomiting and an extreme allergic reaction. The anti-nausea drug Prolochopazine gave me painful and uncontrollable muscle spasms in my face and jaw, with swelling of the cheeks and tongue. Very painful, very scary... I take Benedryl every 4 hours. A good anti-nasuea medication to ask for is the dissolving tablet Zofran.

But I have been smooth sailing since day 7, and managing the pain with merely Tylenol since day 5 actually. The ear pain and complications have been the worst part of this surgery for me personally. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain with my throat and had had worse sore throats from sever cases of strep in the past, which is why I got them out finally. 

Hope this helps answer some questions. XD

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT CUT THE PATCHES IN HALF! THE NICOTINE WILL LEAK FROM THE PATCH GIVING YOU AN OVER DOSE OF IT.

hi im 19 and had my tonsils put 10days ago now but came back in to et my right one cauterized because of a heay bleed the night before.. i havent had a bleed pr any pain since and my birthday is in 5days so i was wondering would it be safe to have some beers that night, thoughts?

It is ignorant and simply FALSE to claim that weed is worse for you than cigarettes. Cigarettes kill, weed never will. You lose all credibility by being a puppet. Learn to think for yourself and look into things unbiasedly before blindly believing them.

Ok tobacco is more dangerous than marijuana -.- if you're gonna preach, preach some facts..

Please don't smoke cigarettes for as long as you can. I have just had major issues and I'm an ex smoker. My husband smoked fairly soon after and his throat swelled and had massive infection

Hi, I'm 17 and on day 7 of the recovery process, I smoke, not just cigarettes, daily but since the op I haven't touched either tobacco or any herbal smoke ;) I have no pain and my throat is clearing up nicely. This said I did have a bleed on day 2 but since then I have gargled with salt water at least 3 times a day and it has made a HUGE difference and I highly advise it. I made an appointment with my GP(doctor) today and after checking my throat she said I would be okay to go back to smoking in a few days, ALL THANKS TO BOILING SOME WATER LETTING COOL AND ADDING A TEA SPOON OF SALT AND GARGLING.

Yeah I just had mine removed today I looked this up BC I'm dying for a cigg but I'm not going to smoke it I don't wanna risk anything no matter how much I want it

Hi i took some puffs of one like 2 days after and im fine and they say wait 2 weeks but go for it if you want to just stop when it starts to burn

so im on day 10 you think i can smoke weed with a backwood?

you're an id**t. smoking weed is not worse for you than cigarettes I cannot believe I just read that. You are the id**t in this thread.