Celebrity

Would you help me out, my online friends?

My ancient large brush that I was using for my powder mineral foundation just fell into the toilet and I'm not going to be attempting to salve it. (Stupid, I know! As they say, sh*t happens.) I would like a good, solid brush that will last me as long as this one did: no hairs falling out. I'd love the hairs to have a nice feel, whether they are natural or synthetic.

If you have a brush that you love and would recommend to others, could you please tell me what it is?

Thanks in advance.

Rosie

Hmmm... can't really speak to actual brands but flat top brushes will give you most coverage with that whilst rounded brushes will offer more of a natural look, you know? I've also read that synthetic brushes pick up more foundation than natural ones, which appeals to me anyways 'cause their not made by killing animals, you know? So yeah, which brush you choose depends what you are after really but going for a synthetic brush seems like a real no brainer under the circumstances. I'd think you would agree. In general though, MAC brushes are real good and though they are rather pricey they do last for years...

Squat kabuki brushes are generally best for powder mineral foundations, though any standard powder brush will do the trick too if you know what you are doing. The trick with applying powder mineral foundation is to begin at the nose, then make outward circles. Keep the circles small and concentrate on applying your foundation to any shiny spots you have, which will require more foundation. Of course, rid yourself of excess foundation on the brush before you begin applying as the final result will look much better that way.

I have the Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Bush for my powder foundation and I like it just fine. It's small enough not to feel like you haven't got any control over where you apply your foundation, which is very important to me. (Some of those brushes are positively HUGE.) It doesn't have a flat but a rounded end, which I also prefer because it allows for more flawless blending in my experience.

Judging by this thread, choosing a foundation brush is an EXTREMELY personal experience! Everyone likes different things and it takes a while for someone to build up experience to figure out what they personally prefer. I'm not sure how useful this thread will be for you then. The only advice I'd definitely give you is to get a GOOD brush, one that will last, not a cheapo brush that will just disappoint you.

Good question!!! "Kabuki" brushes are so popular now that they've basically lost all their common denominators. Because they go for anywhere between $5 and over $100, it is important to know what you are looking for. Because I am always on the go, for me it's essential that the brush is retractable so I can toss it in my purse. I have a few but like the EcoTools retractable Kabuki, and it has the extra bonus that it's cheap. It works, so I'd never spend over $100 on a brush!!!

That's so individual! I got a Hello Kitty one because it was cute and I thought it would make me smile but when the hairs started falling out I didn't smile then :(. So I got the Chanel one which yeah, retracts and I'm happy with it. Of course it was on the pricier end of the brush spectrum but it works like a dream and is something I use every day that is essential to my look, so I do not regret spending more money on it. Ideally you will want to try before you buy and read reviews for all brushes you are interested in online as well.