Hi i have almost the same exact problem im 16 and i had epydidimitis in my right testicle back in january after having pnemonia, which my uroligist said is common, and now it is april and today my left testicle is having sharp pains on and off and they are ubearable ! i heard that if you apply ice to the testicle it should make you feel better, and take moltrin to also help get rid of pain PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ! !

I've been having the same kinda problems lately (been going on and off for a while, but got worse today). One of the worst thing is, I've been out biking for about half an hour, hoping it would just go away, but it seems it hasn't helped.

Now, I'm only fourteen years old, so I really wanted to make sure it was something I needed to get checked, instead of doing something embarrasing. I know, I know, it doesn't matter if it's embarrasing, but still.. In case it's just a part of puberty, being told what's important would be nice.

Thanks alot.

well i am 15 years old and im currently going thru that problem! :'(
and i havent told my parents... but i dont know if i should?
its terrible, the pain is like killing me and the exact things are happening to me!

I have the same thing except the pain only goes as far north as the waist. I had a ultra sound done today looking at the spleen,kidneys etc. The Tech. told me everything looked fine but I expected that (don't want to do the Doctors job). I will get the results next week. I suggest you see a Dr. This is nothing to play with. I wish I could give you answers but I'm waiting myself. Best Wishes.

To start this off with, the pain and swelling of my left testical started on a Tuesday. It was very painful, and my left testical had sweld up a lot! It was very tender to the touch! I thought that perhaps it was just broused are something. I decided to go ahead and tough it out, but unfortantly I couldnt bear it nemore. That was on Friday. I went to see my doctor, then he sent me for a ultra sound. I had a huge built up of fluid on the bottum and back side of my left testical. Very painful! After the ultra sound I went back to see my doctor he diagnost it to be epididmytis. Its not a STD, and you can only treat it with antibotics.
However tho, he did also test me for ghonnera. My results for that hasn't came back yet. I do have one sexual partner that I have been having unprotected sex with. She claims that Im the only one as well. But nowadays you never know!
My advice to all of you, is go and get checked! If you prolong your testical problem for far to long, it can lead to a more serious problems! The sooner you go, the faster and better the doctors can treat it!

I am 16 and i had exactly the same problem that you described but i asked my father about it and he simply said that it was a 'twisted nut' and that i should remove constricting clothing and go for a bath to let things 'float around for a bit'.

I have just got out of the bath and incredible, the pain has completely gone! I am not saying this is for everyone but the pain that was decribed in the original post was the same as mine and i feel fine now! A knock or sitting down akwardly can cause this easily.

So without a doc just try going for a bath and letting them relax a bit and see if it goes away.

If not then i strongly recommend seeing a medical expert as any kind of pain in the testicles can be extremely serious!

Thanks :-)

hiii i'm from india.... nd 19 years old..
i get these pains all told above in different instants, actually in my left testis and it pains below if i touch it.... sometimes its very less but at times if i simply touch it or something happens by mistake ..... ho my god it pains for 3-4 days.... may be i had that pain nd didnt recognize it, but now i do....
i donno if i had an injury or someone hit me or due to that i masturbate with my clothes(i usually dont use my hand, rather get the sensation with my underwear and wash it next day) this problem has occured,it pains a lot at times...
i've said everything openly so that someone could tell me how they go about with this problem everyday.... i just want to confirm that its not life threatening...

Hey man Im 19

Doesnt matter what age you are I don't think

Just went to casualty today

due too massive pain in left testicle (cant touch it either) travelling up left side aswell and feeling constantly winded

It is an infection and is completely normal

I got antibiotics from doctor and I feel better already !!

Hi everyone,
I think this issue of testicular pain is very important to address. First, isn't it interesting that everyone always has pain in the left testicle? Well, I am going to explain why this is and I am going to explain how everyone can alleviate and tremendously help this pain. Now, the main reason that everyone has pain in the left testicle is due to overindulgence in masturbation and sex. The left testicle is the dominant and major duct that is primarily responsible for pumping seminal fluid more so than the right. So, pain will occur in the in the Vas Defens and Epidemus of the left testis after overindulgence on masterbation or sex has occured. Now, the greatest method I have learned to alleviat and heal this pain is from chinese Chi Gong and Chinese medicine from a great Master that I have trained with. I was taught to lightly massage the testicles, and more so on the left one. If you do this regularly you will build the health and strength of the testicles and prevent or alleviate future pain especially in the in the left testicle.
Best :-)
Flip Livingston

im 16 too, and just the other morning.. i woke up and when i tried to sit up it hurt very badly... then had to go to school for the day... yea it sucked, it felt fine for a couple days and just a couple minutes ago i felt it again... anyone have any idea how i can treat this in hours... baseball game in a couple hours... with a nut cup..... very painful im sure :$

Great website and I am so glad I found this and read all of your experiences. Just got back from the doc's after experiencing a terrible pain in my left testicle the past few days. I had a 101 fever and cold chills to go along with the pain. Needless to say I was pretty concerned as I had never experienced any problems with my testicles before. I am 36 and have been married for 10 years so I knew it wasnt an std. Doc perscribed 500 mg Cipro and 500mg Naproxen for inflamation. Hope that knocks it out! Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories. My doctor said epiditimitus (sp?) was pretty common so good luck to you all.

Hi, i had the same problem, i was feeling pain in my right testicle which caused my lower abdomen to hurt which was causing lower back pain, i went to see my family doctor and he said my testes were bruised from playing basketball because i was wearing boxers when i should have worn something fitting. It made sense i was doing alot of running and jumping which caused my testicles to collide with eachother and cause bruising. He said i shouldnt have to worry . Its now day 3 and pain is gone, hope this helps

I am13 and i just got it a few days ago. thinking i was deveoping i ingnored it but the pain is exruciating.

I had this problem almost 2 years ago and due to the pain on the top of my testicle and the pain not going away after a week of being on medicine and the pain not going away he recommended me to a urologist. They did an ultrasound and that didn't show up nothing so he said it was an infection in my testicle and he put me on Ciprofloxacin for 6 weeks and he also told me to help this to wear a jock strap under my boxers for support and to have sex or masturbate a min. of 3 times a week to help get rid of the infection. After about 2 weeks I was pain free and haven't had anything since.

I am a 28 year old male who has been suffering from left testicular pain for the last 5 months through. Originally I had been diagnosed with a varicocele in that left testicle and was told to leave it alone unless it presented fertility issues or worsening pain. I was ultimately referred to a urologist who thought that I might have had a problem with the nerve endings on my vas diferens (which runs from the seminal vesicle and the back of the prostate to the testicle itself. I had surgery to remove many of the nerve endings on the vas and it has been 3 weeks. I am now dealing with the pain even worse to the point where it radiates into my stomach and groin and lower abdomen. I can no longer participate in many of the sports and activities I once loved, and my sex life has also become nil due to my ongoing pain. The expensive specialist visits and all the pain medicine is really putting a drain on me financially as well. The last time I saw my urologist I asked him if there was anything else he could do for me, which he then replied "we can take the testicle off". Its either that or referrment to a pain management clinic where I will have to deal with this pain forever, or so it would seem, and im not to keen on losing one of "the boys". Any insights or suggestions would be very much appreciated as I don't really know what else to do at this point.