Thanks for the post! I am 31 yrs young, I have experienced the same symptoms. I have numbness in my left pectoral as well as pain under my left arm particularly in the triceps area, feels like I did a belly flop in the pool. I also have tingling and numbness in my left hand particularly in the left pinky and ring fingers. I appreciate your input. I admit I have been diagnosed with acid reflux disease. After reading all of the post I see a pattern between this disease and the numbness symptoms. I will keep checking, if anyone comes up with a viable solution please post.

All - I am going through the same syptoms as many of you as well and had evey test under the sun done and my doctors have found no problems. After 2 years, I'm convinced its a combination of heartburn and anxiety.

Whenever I exercise regularly, get good sleep, eat healthy, don't drink alcohol or coffee, and practice some form of meditation, I have no problems.

If I deviate from any combo of those things, all the heartburn, numbness, chest pains etc. seem to come back.

Thanks to everyone for posting though - you help convince me thats it not something life threatening.

I wish I could put an answer on here but I too am looking for an answer to this problem,

im 28

I have had all the symptoms above, I also get a pain aching sensation around the throat alot.

Mine started with chest pains on the left side, then about 6 months later I started to get throat pains also, I now get all these pain plus pains in the left calf muscle and both arms. I am convinced it is a heart problem. I am now getting fequent palpitations after excersise (this seems to be a symptom alot of you dont have). I have had 3 ecg's, 2 stress tests and 2 echocardigram.

The doctors did find that I had a Bicuspid valve on my heart but assures me this is not the problem and told me not to worry. I also have a minor heart murmor and hythrophy on one side of the heart again apparantly not a problem.

Anyway, the GP puts all this down to anxiety!!

When this all started I was at the most stressful time of my life and the chest pains hit me one day and never went away.

I can see why the doctors are saying anxiety especially when minor heart problems were found on examination just adds to the worry.

I had completely ruled out the GERD possibility as I did not think that could possibly cause arm/neck pains, but after reading all you posts you know what I might give it another try. The GP prescribed me Omeprozle which I took for about a week. Maybe I should have given it a better try. The only thing is, if someone trys to tell me acid felux can cause pain in the calf muscle im not having it!!!! Maybe this is a separate problem!

My father has had a heart attack recently and suffered simlar symptoms to myself which is incrediably frightning.

Its hard to know if im just exagerating the problem or whether you are letting the doctors fob you of when you have a serious condition.

I can honestly say this has been the worst two years of my life and I just need to get this sorted. I would take the pains if they were improving or even the same but mine seem to be getting worse.

I did not realise how many people are suffereing this and more importatly how young we all are!! Most of you posting this are in your 20-30's.

Could it be anxiety or GERD that could do all this?????????

I must say I have looked through the internet for answers but this forum has probably given me most hope as you all seem to be suffering such simlar problems as myself.

If anyone finds an answer please post it and put all of us out of our misery!!!!!!!

Thank God I'm not alone! My symptoms are chest pains numb left arm, hands and fingers. The worst part though is light headed, dizziness, and feelings that I'm constantly going to pass out. The only thing I can add is I was diagnosed benign positional vertigo. Apparantly there are rocks in your ears that regulate your balance. I have been going to physical therapy for 2 months which has made it slightly better. You all may want to go to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor and get tested if you are having similar symptoms.

I have the excat symptoms which is put out here.. I have been having this for a year. I went thro' multiple tests, Threadmill test, EKG etc. Now I am going to a Physico Theraphists for muscle exercises. I am taking Prilosec for my heartburn (everyday one pill). Did someone get relief from any kind of medication ? Please post. Thanks..

Hi all

I am 32 yrs old victim of same symptoms! Sometime even my right hand also pains. Soon going to see a heart specialist. Update you soon my outcome

I'm suffering just the same symptoms as you lot.
It's funny, when I'm at my worst, I always end up feeling a little better when I read about others with the same thing.

I'm a 42 year old male and it started for me almost 4 years ago, 6 if you count what I think was the build up.

I've always been fairly fit and active, eat decent food and veg, probably overdid it a little bit with the alchohol but nothing to any extent.
I woke up in the mornings with vigor, looking forward to the day ahead.

Thinking back, I can see the progression.

I'd had a couple of very stressful years. The kind where you hardly sleep at night and you just feel full of adrenaline wanting to hit out at something beyond your control. I was sweating profusely when I did manage to sleep, often waking up again only a few hours later, freezing and wet through.
My heart always seemed to be racing and sometimes I felt like I was looking in at my life from outside my body. Yeah, I felt weird, kind of dizzy and not really taking much in.

As I said, I'd always been fit and active, hardly ever got sick so wasn't on any drugs, prescription or otherwise.

In hindsight I think this was anxiety, but I didn't know it at the time. Stress was something that had never bothered me before.

Anyway, this went on for almost 2 years when I started to get a bloated stomach occasionally. Nothing painfull, it just seemed to make me want to burp and it often lasted a few hours.
From maybe once or twice a month at the beginning, over a six month period it gradually got to the point where I was feeling like this once or twice a day.

My favourite treat once a week or so was always a Pepperoni Pizza. By now, every time I ate one I felt awful afterwards so that was the end of those (although I still risk it once in a while lol). But that's the only time I realised is was something to do with eating because the effect was almost instant.

I'd also started getting sharp shooting pains right under my ribs on the left, just where I would expect my heart to be. Again over another 6 months or so, these gradually got worse.
I had thought maybe I had a heart problem, but it didn't seem typical of that. I was often at rest when it happened and exercising didn't seem to cause a problem.
Burping, which I'd been doing A LOT seemed to ease the pains a bit.

This carried on until one evening maybe 3 years ago.
I was sat in the chair watching tv, my stomach bloated, feeling dizzy. The pains in my chest were constant and I was feeling very anxious.
I was horrified when my left arm started going numb and my fingers were tingling. My heart started palpitating, I could see it through my chest and I went very pale, cold and sweaty.

I asked my wife to call an ambulance after walking around for a few minutes trying to calm myself down. I really thought that might be the last I saw of her, feeling like I would pass out at any moment.

The ambulance came, I hadn't passed out at all but they checked my pulse which was around 160, gave me oxygen and asked me to take a crushed aspirin.
I was checked over at the hospital by which time I'd begun to feel a little calmer. After several tests they found no trace of heart problems and could find nothing else wrong. I returned home after 2 hours or so feeling rather sheepish.

I had a couple more of these 'attacks' although not quite as bad, before I decided it was time to see a Doctor.
After several heart monitor checks my pulse at rest was 120. I also had blood tests which showed I had high cholesterol (7.6). This has since been found to be hereditory and I'm on drugs now to reduce that.
Other than that, I was deemed fit.

Now to condense the last 2 years, I've been to the hospital on another 2 occasions, to the Doctor many, many times. I've had the tube down the throat, so many blood tests I can't remember, heart tests, you name it.
Not once has there ever been anything wrong other than GERD which was diagnosed after I told my Doctor that I'd found something that sounded similar on the Internet.

I've been taking the drugs for 2 years, which according to my GP are the best available now. I've tried several different ones and none of them seem to work for long.
I'm also on anxiety drugs now, and they do work to some extent in that I don't feel as anxious when I get an attack, which generally leads to more tolerable symptoms.

I'm convinced the GERD and anxiousness feed off one another.

If I get anxious, my stomach flares up and things get worse.
If my stomach flares up, I get anxious and things get worse.

Yes I still feel like I'm dieing, but the pills make me not care so much lol.

I hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.
Just don't let it worry you so much and it doesn't feel half as bad.
That's easier said than done though or I would be here now would I?

Keep smiling :-) and burping ;-)

Other than that, I was deemed fit.

Yes I still feel like I'm dieing, get chest pains, arm numbness, neck shoulders etc, but the pills make me not care so much lol.

Keep smiling :-) and burping ;-)

I'm 30 yrs old and have been having most of the symptoms described by you all. I was diagnosed with GERD but only after having an ER visit in which I was told that I have costochondritis. I think it's GERD because I have to burp a lot etc...but recently I've been having this weird numbness on my left side (neck,shoulder blad area) that accomapanies the burping and other GERD symptoms....and I've noticed it does happen after I eat. When I massage it and put a heating pad there it feels better but the numbness also seems to be on the left side of my head. I don't really take anything for the GERD and am thinking about going to a GI doctor. I haven't had any test done for GERD but I did have a couple of EKG's, stress test and a heart monitor. It all came back fine except I did have an episode of supraventricular tachycardia. I feel palpitations sometimes too....but I'm not in the best shape and I could use a change in diet. I love tomatoes and all kinds of other things that could effect GERD. I also have asthma which can make GERD worse and vice versa. It's confusing because I feel it's GI related but there's always that thought of heart problems or other things. I think that the acid imbalance can effect heart rate but I'm not sure. I need to go back to the Dr. but they really don't take you seriously especially if you appear healthy otherwise and are fairly young. I guess I'll just have to spend the time and money to go through some trial and error. Oh, the Dr. also tried to give me anti-anxiety meds but I'm not anxious and normally feel fine....but lately this left side numbness is kind of weird...sometimes if almost feels like a pinched nerve.... If I find out anything I will post the info.

yes i had all those symptoms passed a stress test no cholesterol problems they told me it was indigestion they did an angiogram jst to be on the safe side and it was an emergency i had to have open heart main artery was over70% blocked 2 years later my left main was 99% blockedhad to be opened up again and have had 4 stents AS well i was only 40 years when this started and i am now 45 and still getting pain

jacko very lucidly described what my condition was and i shared the same symptoms that most of you do. gerd and axiety do feed on each other and the heart is always the imagined victim.

i am going to share with you what worked for me and hope it does the same wonders for you too.

there is a miracle herb called ashwagandha (or ashvagandha), and i mean it it when i say this - it is much better than even ginseng. i can give more info if somebody needs it... lemme know.

take a 250 mg capsule of ashwagandha half hour before the three meals (b/f, l and d). half hour after the meals take 2 tablets of liv 52. both these are ayurvedic medicines and are absolutely safe! you can do a research on them before taking them but asking a GP obviously wont help because most doctors dont trust alternative medicine / therapy.

i would wait to hear from you of your much better health within a week of starting the above recommended treatment.

this is in continuation of my earlier post - pls remember the ayurvedic treatment suggested is only for heartburn and anxiety and not for any heart related problems.

if you are taking any medication whatsoever for any pre-existing illness it is observed that sometimes herbs may react with them. also, overdose of anything is dangerous. please exercise caution.

I am a 6"2, 265lb, 31 year old guy. I am having most of the same symptoms all you guys and gals have and it has really been freaking me out. I had an anxiety attack while driving about 3 years ago. Ever since then these symptoms come back every couple of months. The last 2 weeks has been the worst it has ever been. Chest pressure, sharp chest pains, left arm tingling, palpitations, tingling and pain in legs, feeling of acid coming up throat. I have had heartburn before and I don't feel that kind of pain. I also am lactose intolerant. An earlier post mentioned benign paroxidal vertigo (BPV). I have that one too. I am going to the doctor tomorrow with a print out of this web site:) I believe it is mostly in my head. That doesn't make it any easier to calm myself down. I do believe it does have a lot to do with what I eat. I had very few symptoms from September through 2 weeks ago. I was doing Weight Watchers that whole time. With the holidays I started eating bad again and everything came back like a landslide. So the bad food triggers it and then my head takes care of the rest. I will not take anxiety medication so I hope I can get a decent acid reducing prescription and at least get rid of the trigger.

I also just want to say that just reading these posting has helped a lot. So please keep the updates coming. Even if you have been healthy post that and what you have been doing to achieve those results. Thanks. I'll post my updates tomorrow.

Had my appointment today. Initial diagnosis is GERD. They did an EKG and it came back normal. I have a stress test in a couple of weeks to make sure. The doc put me on Prilosec 20mg a day with instructions to take maalox everytime I feel the pain or pressure in my chest. The doc wants whatever might be hurting in my esophogus to heal completely. The only way to do that is to keep acid off of it. After that she says I can try just the Prilosec and hopefully that will keep the symptoms at bay. Let's hope.

Man I am so glad I came aross this site. It feels somewhat calming to know that I am not the only one going throught this torture. I am 31 years old 6'2 265 pounds and this has been going on for 6 years.

These last three months have been the worst. I went to the ER AGAIN last Saturday and they did EKG, blood work, chest x-ray and all came back ok. They went ahead and put me inpatiant on the cardio floor to see why I keep coming back. Put a heart moniter on me and set me up for several tests. Utlrasound of gall bladder, stomach, kidneys everything ok.

Nuclear stress test also ok. Then a GI doctor came in and did the test were they put you to sleep and put a camera down your throat. He took some samples for biopsy. But said he did not see any ulcers.

I will post a follow up.And sorry for my grammer and spelling as English is a second language to me and my education is limited.