I am having a lot of the same symptoms that you have mentioned. I am 47, I have had 2 heart caths and other than the normal narrowing of the arteries that you get as you age, my heart is fine, so they tell me. I have been told that my severe acid reflux could be causing a portion of it but they have told me that they believe I have developed severe carpal tunnel syndrome. I have been laid off of my job for quite a while so I have been spending alot more time on the computer than normal and leaning on my left elbow on my desk starts it in my left arm and then it seems to radiate from there. I still worry though and I too have no health insurance so I do not go to the doc as much as I should. Good luck to us all. Please keep me posted about anything that you learn from the docs.

Linda
Louisville, KY

Chest pain with left arm pain that radiates to the hand and causes the fingers to feel numb. Left arm temp is cooler than right. Pain is worsened by lying down. On deep inspiration the chest pain radiates beneath sternum. Left arm pain is lessened when raised up and placed on top of your head. Episodes last for days. When episode strikes, you feel tired and worn out. This sounds like a cervical spine problem where a disc has herniated compressing the subclavian nerve. No shortness of breath is noted and the pain is a burning sensation. All the standard cardiac tests have been negative. There is soreness over the left chest that can be felt when pushing in with your hand. Pressure applied with the hand over the sternum creates some relief.

May want to see a neurologist to have tests performed. The nerves that serve the arms stem off the cervical spine in the area of C6 and C7. Any impairment can cause pain similar to a heart attack. The condition usually presents itself when using the arms for activity such as yard work, sudden twisting of the upper body, etc...

That sounds like quite a set of symptoms. It's hard to say what it is beacause there's a lot of different causes that are possible. Can you tell me how you're doing now? I'd like to hear back from one of you on how ou're going. thanks!

%-) I have had many of these symtoms as well. I have burning in my chest, pain in my chest that moves side to side at random, dizzyness, headaches, pain in different extremities, and weakness in my left side of late. I have had at least 10 EKGs and all come out fine. I have also had blood work ups and all ok. I had a stress test and it came out fine as well. I have acid reflux, but am currently on medicine for it (Omeprazole). I find it hard to believe this is all acid reflux related. I have been told it could be a blocked artery which a stress test and ekg might not show. Perhaps an angiogram is needed to make sure it is not my heart or vascular blockage. I am 28 and in decent health, just a little overwieght. I am going to get an endoscope soon and if that comes out ok i will see about an angiogram. A friend of mine had an experimental procedure due to the pain in his chest. Having existing heart problems the doctor said we can try this if you want to, a fiber optic camera through the arteries in and around your heart. He did and found one blockage that would have gone unnoticed if not for the procedure. So just because an EKG or Stress test says you are ok, does not always mean so. If your doctor is unreceptive about your concerns, get a second opinion before giving up.

That's a little strange! It sounds to me like it could also be anxiety. I actually had anxiety so severe that I had a weak left side too. Once I learned to relax more it went away. Have you considered something like that?

Most of what I am reading here is GERD (Gastro Esophagal Reflux Dirsorder). What happens is that people who have this disorder usually start burping and having stomach and back pains, especially when they lay down. That these pains are in the chest area can cause panic in a person which can result in panic attacks, which explain the tingling in the arms, hands, etc...Also, gastrointestinal problems can also result from nerve disorder. Nexium courses are good for the GERD, but the best cure is a good diet with routine feeding, and minimizing stress and generally trying not to worry as much about things. Anybody who is worried should read about panic attack disorder, you will find all the symptoms you are describing make up this disorder, and that most people who first experience this disorder think it feels like a heart problem and end up calling EMS. Hope this helps, good luck and good health to all.

i am 40 now i have been experiemcing since 23, i had gone through numbness all over the body, Both legs and hands, face and close to chest area at the same time. Also chest pain , left hand numbeness. i check every year now for stress, heart and other check up. everything turns normal. However the problem still persists but intensity at times is high, generally ok.

I gave up allopathic and simply following the list below

1. no fries and less oil
2. water theraphy in the morning ( must)
3. Green tea no cofee and no milk tea
4. Not leaving empty stomach (must)
5. No alcohol including wine, beer and whisky/brandy etc(must)
6. No late night sleep

I am a RN. My husband started with almost continous belching plusnsome chest and left arm pain. The pain went away with rest. GI

Medication did not help. I took him to the hospital and they found a 99% blockage of the left anterior coronary artery. He receive a cardiac stent and the belching immediately stopped.

might sound strange.....but,i find i have some of these symptoms and it has been caused by a tear in a disc by my neck and two pinched nurves on the spine. the doc says infllamation causes all sorts of problems you would think wouldnt have anything to do with the other. have them look through MRI ....goodluck everyone, i just turned 38. were to young for this c**p!

I have suffered from GERD for 5 years now. All the symptoms you described I have and are related to my GERD. When I am on medication that works for me, all of the symptoms disappear. It is common for the pain to radiate to your left arm if you GERD is severe enough and not properly treated. Having chest pains when you lie down would be because your acid reflux gets worse when you lie down, you are supposed to stay elevated when you are experiencing heartburn. I would suggest to anyone with these problems to see a specialist and start on medication to find what type and dosage alleviates your pains. If this goes untreated it will most likely lead to more cronic problems including cancer.

I have the same problem! I feel like I have to burp but I can't and I have pressure on my chest and sternum. I went to the doctor because my mom and I thought it might be a hiatal hernia but when I got the results of my x ray they said there was nothing wrong with me. But I don't know what to do. I dont want to go around for the rest of my life with chest pressure!!!

Folks, I've been suffering with these symptoms for years, about 9. I have seen many doctors and have tried many failed remendies. My doctor placed me on anti-anxiety medicine. Didn't stop the burping, chest pains and arm/hand numbness but I handle it so much better. I'm still looking for answers or I wouldn't have found this site. There are so many worst things we could be dealing with and that's what I keep in mind. Good luck to us all.

Yes heartburn is causing this and it must be a nerve attached to your arm somehow.
I know it seems scary since that is one of the symptoms for heart attacks but I have
been suffering with this for past year and it only happens when I get the heart burn,
I get a sharp pain in my left arm about midway, then turns into dull or throbbing pain.
But only with my heartburn. Diet helps, peppermint helps mine if I can catch it in the beginning,
I try to go the natural route if at all possible. Also drink lots of water and walk.
I always notice if I plant myself on the couch after dinner I start to get it but if I do light
housework or walk, or have a sip of wine it stays away. Also stay away from really spicy food at night.
I cannot take the prescription medicine I have every side effect , so when its really bad
I will take pepcid AC, otherwise the other things I mentioned above work...GOOD LUCK!

get tested for Vitamin D deficiency.

Thanks for all the experiences. I have had similar experiences where I get pain down the inside of my arm. I have been to doctors, ERs had ECGs (negative findings apart from sinus arrhythmia which is a normal variation of my heart rate with breathing - I am quite slim so no concerns here) and endoscopies (positive). I am quite confident in he fact that I have GORD/GERD. That said I do tend to suffer from anxiety and a good bout of reflux or oesophageal spasm (still not sure on this one yet & a resultant panic attack never cease to scare the heck out me. Still once past the initial panic I know I am fine and do get checked out from time to time just to be safe.

With regard to arm pain....sorry if this has been covered (may have missed it in my readings)
As touched on earlier before visceral organs don't have specific pain but are vague symptoms. Ie heart pain causing crushing pain & arm pain (the heart does not have the fibres to carry sharp pain sensation). Most of your organs sensory information is carried in the vagus nerve (Cranial nerve X (ten) - heart, lungs, liver, stomach, small intestine and part of the large - all carried in the one nerve) which is why visceral pain is so hard to localise, not like muscle pain where it has a specific nerve at a specific spinal levels. Some of the information gets 'confused ' in interpretation at the spinal level where the some of the information enters which may coincide with a pain down one part of your arm or another part of your body. So yes some of the information from different organs can present similar to other organs all innervated by CN X
This is very simplified, hope it helps a little