These are all the exact same symptoms i am having ... i was getting scared as well. because of course im thinking heart attack.. i didnt realize acid reflux had so many symptoms.. im still really concerned though because my lungs often feel like they are on fire..

This is very interesting to see that numerous other individuals have the same issues that I am currently having. I have all the
symptoms that most of you have annotated. I am 48 year old male, and have on occassion Chest pains, burning, burping, pressure, pain/tingling in arms & hands. I also have the dead arm at times and I have experienced the same in my legs. I am currently on Dexilant for acid reflux, which as most of you have been as well was diagnosed by my doctor.

I have had blood work, EKGs, etc as well and all came back normal. But I still have episodes of the previously mentioned pains/ailements. Actually I awoke this morning feeling like total c**p with all the aches and pains. Its veryfrustrating not knowing what is going on, epecially when every test comes back that you are fine. I also have spent times at the ER because thought something more serious was going on, which came out that it wasnt. So what will happen next, I dont go next time and it ends up being something more serious. Very strange indeed.... %-)

I'm 46 years old, and I'm pretty well convinced that this is a GERD situation. I've been to the ER twice in the last seven days (heart like an ox), or should I say nights, since I am virtually symptom free during the daytime. I usually start to get some discomfort around 10:30 pm, and as the night progresses, my body seems to be reacting to the pain and discomfort in my esophagus by causing these spasms in my ribcage. Included in all the fun are flushing, blooming adrenalin type experiences in my arms, and sometime legs. When I have real bad attacks, it absolutely feels like I am having a heart attack, all the way to the left arm pain and numbness, chest tightness, shortness of breath.

Anyway, since about 48 hours ago, I've been eating baby food, (cereal, fruit) doubled my Prilosec, and am using Maalox as an emergency remedy, along with Alka Seltzer. And here it is, 5:18 am, and I am awake all night for the sixth night in a row. As soon as I lie down, the symptoms start. Fluttering in chest/stomach, and now my stomach won't stop bubbling and grumbling. Horrible diarrhea for the last three days, bad gas, burping helps.

Waiting to see all the specialists this week, but have done forty hours of reading on this over these last six sleepless nights, so here's what I think.

I have been dealing with acid reflux for a decade now, and it has gotten gradually worse, in a way that slipped under my radar, until last Tuesday night, when I ate a late dinner, and my whole body went haywire. Right now, I think I have a hiatal hernia, which has acted as the trigger for this recent severe GERD, and at the same time, I am having ribcage spasms, plus my nervous and circulatory systems are completely overwrought. Add in the massive amounts of adrenalin my body has been dumping into my system, and well, I am a f*****g mess right now.

I'll let everyone know what the ENT, the GE and the Cardiologist say.

I had all those symptoms, same thing back and forth from doctor.Finally had a breath test positive HELICOBACTER PYLORI INFECTION
Look it up and you will find it fits all this symptoms. I have taken the pills for it, now on natural cure pills dont kill this bug right off. Im just about to have another breath test to see if its gone yet. Boy i hope so..Good luck everybody

Im 17 years old, and I have similar situations to everyone else, I pulled my "left pectoral muscle". According to the Physicians I went to, I also had a thyroid examination which came back negative.

I had a CT done on my neck, in which had been giving me grief, I had also came into contact with "black mold" which probably did not help my cause.

My CT came back with a bulge in my c3 c4 disks. I have yet to see the Neurosurgeon, my appointment keeps getting pushed forward.

I do believe it could be caused by a ribcage separation and muscle cartilage inflammation in my ribs. It also feels like i have a spine disorder from my lower back to my tailbone.

Weird, I have pretty much similar symptoms, except my chest tightness/pain is on my right side and it is my right arm that is swelling and the fingers are numb on.

i have been feeling the same symptoms and im very week minded when it comes to this stuff cuz i have alot of anxiety and panic, i also have been feeling in the past 4 days slightly numbness in my left arm and tingling sensation, and i also feel nauseous, im not vomitting or anyting but i feel like vomitting, and im feeling crmp like sypmtoms under my tongue as if im goin to vomite and my face alittle numb too, i thought i was getting a heart attack i went to the doctor 2 days ago cuz i got freaked out and he said it was from axiety that my left side of my body was getting alittle numba nd he said it was also acid reflux, i also researched for people who smoke that your brain is not getting enough oxygen so thats what could be causing numbness, my doctor also told me that anxiety can also mimic a heart attack and feel like ur getting one one, they also did and ekg and they said it was not my heart. also i researched that the numbness could be caused form sitting at the computer to much and playing games or typing all day, theres like a nerve in ur elbo that gets cramped up and causes numbness, im not a doctor but like i said im very weak minded and i do alot of reserch and all the time the internet sayd ur dying but theres other symptoms that could cause alot of things. so basicly it could be form acid reflux or staying on the computer to much or ur not getting enough oxygen to ur brain. im still freaked rite but i dont noe what to do about it. even though the docs told me its not my heart and they sayd its either acid or anxiety i mean yeah it could be but i just dont see its possible, but yeah im gonna do a kats scan i noe i spelled it wrong but im gonna go do one to see maybe my arteries are clotted , u never noe cuz that could also cause numbness if ur blood serculation is not recieving blood properly, im a worry freak and i noe a bunch of you are too but ask your self this IF IT WAS YOUR HEART OR A HEART ATTACK WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN IT BY NOW, so yeah thats what i tell myself cuz if it was ur heart something would of happened. anyway ill get back to u guys if i find anything else out.

i too have been dealing with all these symptoms for three years.
My doctor has prescribed omeprazole which works whilst I take it for the first couple of weeks then goes horrid again one I stop.
I am going to get tested for helicobactor pylori as well as getting by cholesterol checked
I too have had blood tests, ecgs and seen a cardiologist.
An orthopaedic surgeon mentioned a pinched nerve and I have been diagnosed with plurisey and chostochondritis previously.
I get terrible burps and numbness in my arms and face and like a chocking sensation in my throat.
It started three years ago when we were moving house and I was starting my own company.
I do believe that it is stress / gerd related but my chest also hurts to touch. I honestly don't believe that the doctors take us seriously and we all obviously have the same concerns that it is heart related. The nurse at my doctors said on one occasion she thought I was depressed because I was crying because nothing is being done to help me. I was furious, the only reason I felt swept was because of the pain!

I get these pains on a daily basis now and I feel I have tried everything, stopped smoking, no fatty foods, relaxation cds, no fizzzy pop but still the symptoms continue. I really do believe more research needs to be done in this condition as it is not simply a a case od stress/ burps/ indegestion. It is debilitating, frightening and frustrating. This interferes with my life and work. I am 34 and have two children. I will keep posting to let you know how I get on. Good luck everyone xx

hi- I read this forum regularly and I thought I would write my case - I am(was) a 33 yr old healthy young man - Never been to a doctor before - for 3 years I was a student after being off from work and at that time I was drinking coffee for the full day - only with a heavy dinner at night, no meal during the day. We had a wonderful trip to Upper Penninsula, Michigan and after I was back, one day after eating chinese food at lunch, I woke up at night with shortness of breath, numbness in hand and fingers, dizziness, pain in upper abdomen and chest - Called 911, because I was panicked that I was having a heart attack - In the ER room, they checked on stuff, found all OK, gave me something calles "GI cocktail" and sent me home on pepcid. Following that I got ECG for heart, endoscopy, cat scan - Only problems that came are 1) Fatty Liver and Gall Bladder, 2) Mild Pulmonary Regurgitation in heart, 3) 260 Cholesterol, 4) IBS

Since then I was on Omeprazole 40 and then for the past 3 months on Omeprazole 20.

But I have been sick ever since - I have sudden "gas attacks" - numbness, shortness of breath, feeling like hung over, cannot hear anything around, get tingly feeling in arms and legs, sweats - I take a Walmart Antacid, this sometimes help, but it comes and goes - I will get one of these probably 4-5 times a month - I restricted my diet a lot with less fatty food and stuff, but I sometimes get greedy and eat KFC chicken or a meal at Chipotle and I feel sick at night - Conditions become worse when I am having a flu or a common cold -

I just want to ask you guys - I have been on Prilosec (Omeprazole) for 1 year now - could that be a side effect of OmePrazole ?

I am writing in this post, because ofcourse I am anxious - can I come back to my normal healthy life or I have to live my life like this..

Hi guys, I am 26 years old and have been experiencing these symptoms for about 3 months now. I went the emergency on Christmas day had an EKG and some blood work and was told everything was fine and it was probably something either muscular or skeletal. I have to say it makes me feel alot better that I'm not the only one feeling these things because it scares the hell out of me when it happens which lately is almost everyday. I'll feel strange tightness in my chest and my heart feels like it is sometimes beating irregular. Occasionally i will feel a sharp pain in my chest but it is hard to pinpoint if it's my heart or lung or a muscle or rib cartilage, who knows. But regardless its a scary feeling. I have to assume its something to do with acid reflux or something similar because I typically have gas when these episodes take place which is usually while im not active. Lately ive been experiencing numbness in my left arm while laying down. Please keep this thread updated so we can all have some piece of mind. Thanks

I know the feeling of all you that are having these symptoms. I have been dealing with the same for over 10 years. For what it may be worth here is what I have learned. I have the Gerd issue and a Hiatal Hernia. I try to control these issues with a bland diet. When I have an episode it is usually brought on by coughing and stress. Relaxers, valium and herbal teas that work on stress help some too. Recently I have found some info about a med called Ibergast. You can google it and learn more. Also probiatics are essential to the GI environment. Also digestive enzyme should be tried as well. Cut out all sugar and fat or as much so as possible. Lastly, I want to refer you to a book called Hiatal Hernia Syndrome. The thing which rings true to me is that the author claims that the hernia moves up pressing on the esophageal area and the vagus nerve that runs right through that region. The vagus nerve comes from the brain stem runs past the heart along the esophagus and branches into the stomach and intestines. It send messages to all these areas to control the movement of food down the esoph. and the digestion process. It it is under pressure is can cause a world of problems. This is at least a start at finding out what the root cause may be. I hope it leads you to some conclusions. I am trying to solve this mystery myself. God bless us all.

I am so thankful I came across this site. I am 23 and am currently on Nexium for heartburn. I actually came home from class because I was panicking from the symptoms. I feel like something is just stuck in my chest. I burp and I feel there is a burning in my chest all the time. I just feel gassy all the time, does anyone else have this problem? I mean its just not burping by farting as well. My left arm is burning right now, but it feels numb and tingling. It feels as though my pectoral muscle is having a spasm, which is right by your heart, so it makes me nervous. I've had a EKG, been on a hoilter monitor for 72 hours and had blood work done. Everything came back ok. I really think that my anxiety is because of all the symptoms. I am so glad I am not the only one suffering from the hand being numb and being dizzy. I just wish I could figure it all out.

I also have been having these symptoms. recently my left pinky was diagnosed with trigger finger. I get really bad headaches and migraines. My left arm sometimes will have shooting voltage like shocks passing through and i also get dizzy, nautious and heartburn with burping.
I am 40 years old, i used to be an avid runner and am 5'10 and weigh about 170 lbs now. I have had all the blood work possible, EKG, stress test, Ultrasound of heart, seen a neurologist, seen chiro,. I also get panic attack symptoms and dont sleep well lately. I used to sleep really good. I work as a computer repair tech, and am around computers a lot. (might be related)
I wonder if this could be related to celiacs disease (which some of my family members have) or too much caffeine, since i have been taking a lot of excedrin for the bad headaches and no prescription worked. All the doctors i have seen have come up with nothing, i also get really bad mood swings and get anxious and worry about nothing. i feel like when i put my head on the pillow at night it is morning already and i dont where the night went. i also have high blood pressure. usually 150 over 109. and i feel the adrenaline pumping through my body sometimes for no reason. I had a car accident about 2 years ago and it gave me a bulge on my c6 c7. i am mentioning everything in the hope that someone will see the symptoms and have the solution. i will add this site as a favorite and see if something turns up.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to write, this really sucks living with this and i want my life back.

Hi ! I am currently experiencing all of the above, plus feeling like things move all around my body, as if an alien was living inside, a pretty funny, yet discomforting feeling ... In the mornings I am woken up pretty early due to chest pain and what seems to be my muscles having painless little spasms, and also from momentary numbness in my arms and tingling fingers, extreme thirst and a completely dry mouth ... This conditon started out with pain in my armpits and chest, breast area (they seem muscular at first), and then sharp random pains in chest/breast area, followed by a bitter taste coming up my throat. Sometimes when I eat I feel like food has a hard time passing all the way down ... I have been very stressed out this season and I believe that is what's been triggering problems on my whole digestive system. Doctors I've seen tell me I am fine, a Natural Doc touched several points of my body and told me my liver needed to be detoxified, for which I've been drinking a tea he gave me, but the process of feeling better is just slow, went to a couple of traditional doctors and they sent me home with Pepcid AC and muscle pain relievers. I feel like everyone is just trying to ease down the symptoms of a problem they can't quite point out, or maybe it's me being too anxious and restless about my health that my whole body is just too tense to let my organs work normally again. All I know is that from what I see in this forum, a lot of people share the concern of maybe dying from this, it may make us feel a little depressed as well, but our lives have to go on, and I guess we have to learn to live with acid reflux and gastritis, no reason to let our spirits be demoralized and all the more reason to start healthier habits in our lives, because the symptoms is just our body telling us to cool down, be it if we're moody and impatient folks, have problems handling stress or just abusing certain spices, beverages or foods ... Lets listen to our body and lets also learn to relax ... I am sure we'll be fine, enjoy life !

I have experienced very similar symptoms, including the numbness!!!.  Was  told I had acid reflux and anxiety.  5 months later I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Get an MRI

best :)