I have all of these symptoms and more. Including what feels like "someone shoved their hand inside me under my left ribcage and is grabbing at my twisting my insides". My symptoms seem to be brought on by stress although I have no ulcer. The heartburn, constant burping, bloating, left arm pain/numbness, left side gut wrenching pain that feels like labor pains where you can't breathe compiled with sometimes vomitting and fever and kidney stones is absolutely horrible considering I am only 40 and have had this for years.

Have had every test done since I work for doctors. I will say that what seems to help sometimes is Hycosamine (a relaxer for the stomach) and helps with the "labor like pains on my left side". I end up overdosing on Protonix, Aciflex, Previcid...you name it. Nothing works. With all the doctors I work for/go to...no one has figured it out! AHHHHHH :-(

i have had left side chest pain for 10 mnths now. Pain in left arm and pins n needles in left hand. All in all had 7 ecgs, chest x ray n bloods all are ok. Do worry tho that it the heart. Sometimes the pain all so in my right arm n hand. It is also saw sometime when i move n feel like i been hit by a bus doctors just dont seem to care any more :'(

My daughter has been experiencing the same symptoms as many of you and after seeing her specialist today they said she has spinal arthritis which is causing her to have pain in her chest and abdomen everytime she coughs, sneezes, burps or breathes too deeply. She also has numbness in her fingertips and back pain. I was really thinking it had more to do with heartburn but after many months and many tests this is what they came up with. Hope this helps some of you....good luck.

I am sharing the same symptoms as everyone on this post. I definitely know that I have GERD or Acid Reflux, was diagnosed with it a few years back. The symptoms are obviously heartburn in my stomach and up the throat. When I do burp, I get a burning pain by the mid section followed by tingling and pain in both hands. I also have the same numbness that most are experiecing on the left sid , this will com and go. I have hadd all of the heart and stress tests, everything looks good so it is no the heart. I know when I have excessive fat or caffeine, the symptoms will start and get worse. I also know if I smell nictotine from someone smoking , it aggravtes my heartburn. All of these, I was told to stay away from by my doctor since they cause GERD and Acid Reflux. The concern here is if we don't change our eating habits and get rid or decrease heartburn or GERD, it could actually hurt you. I was told if you have acid sometime backing up to your throat over and over, it could possibly cause throat cance eventually after a period of time. I have to admit I can't watch my eating habits, I love my pizza and coffee. I am experiecing those symptoms right now and they are really bad, I will keep updating everyone the more I learn.

Same problems. So... we have GERD, heart problems, spinal arthritis, ruptured disks, infections of the lungs, anxiety and panic attacks. Sweet, way to narrow it down guys.. lol.

I have these problems occasionally. I wonder how many of these people would have shown heart problems if they had an angiogram done. I wonder how many have spinal problems. It all seems so confusing and scattershot. Maybe there are multiple sources the same exact symptoms. I will probably go to the doctor with this post printed out.

i had a burning sensation in the middle of my chest,bad belching, aching in my shoulders and down both arms.
i went to my doctor and he did a ecg and precribed anti ulcer drugs.
5 days later i had a serious heart attack and should of died [lesson learned don"t trust your doc

Ask your doctors to check for Gallbladder problems, a stone or some such. Plus if you have a BMI that is over 28 it could be a weight problem.

I drink two coffees an hour every day, I smoke too, I am sick yellow bile every day, taking double dose of extra strength indigestion pills.

IF IT WAS YOUR HEART, you be dead by now, no one has a heart attack for hours on end. My Ma has had six, whilst the pain they say is similar, it does not last as long.

same issue i am facing for the past one week. is there any solution found as of now. i have had my ECG done and it has come out fine. i am going fo EKG in the week end.

Hello All

I have been trying for years to find out what is wrong with me but I cannot seem to get an answer. I have had pains in my chest everyday now for the past 6 months or more especially when I lay down at night. It has gotten to the point where it is affecting my sex life in that as soon as my husband starts I am dying from the need to burp and the pain gets worse and worse as he progresses. There are times when I feel as if I cant breath and about to have a asthma attack. It usually eases once I sit or stand up a few minutes (about 5 minutes) but the moment I lay back down it is horrible. I would have to prop myself up for a while to get some relief.

My head is light so often that I am begining to make it a part of my life. I am not scared of dying but I hate feeling the way I am feeling and would love to know what is causing it. I have done many tests and all comes back negative. I have tried on two occasions to get an Ultra Sound on my Gallbladder however on both occasions the Gall Bladder cannot be found.

I am tired and frustrated and need some answers. Can anybody help me?

sleep on bed with head side elevated. it helps. let me know if you have other remedies.

hi there everytthing uve said I get the same. Im wearing a heart reader at the moment aswell,they think I have a.illness called fibromylgia. Please look it up it might be some help.x

Hi all,

I don't know if this will help but it did help me. I had all those symptoms and a friend who was a nurse said that often when your liver is struggling with fatty foods it will throw out symptons that feel like a heart attack - pain in my left side and down my arm etc. I used to have a lot of butter on my toast etc, so I cut it out and Wallah...the pain left.

I can't believe that there are actually people who are having similar problems as me! I have terrible pain, numbness, and tingling on the left side of my body, but it's the worst in my arm. I also have really terrible shoulder pain. My pain overall is so bad that I have been to the hospital several times just to be put on a morphine drip. I am currently on nortriptyline for chronic pain, but it hasn't really helped much. This has been going on for over a year and I was tested for a million different things. I had an eeg, ekg, several mri's, x-rays, cat scans, you name it. Finally, though, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome. Here's an at-home test I would recommend to you all: stick both of your arms straight out to your side, perpendicular to your body. Then bend the elbows at a 90 degree angle so that your hands are pointing up. Check to see if your left arm turns white and begins to ache. This is what happens to me. Also, when I turn my head to the right and stretch my neck up toward the upper corner of the room, my pulse in my left arm changes. Usually TOS doesn't happen to 21 year old non-athletes like myself, which is why it never occurred to anyone before to check this out. I would recommend looking into this. The doctor who diagnosed me was a vascular surgeon, so that would probably be the type of person to see about this issue.

The reason why I found this discussion, though, was that recently I have been having these burps where my throat gets all numb and tingly and I can feel it spreading up from my esophagus into my head. The tingly feeling lasts for close to a minute, and my throat begins to burn. I assumed it was something like acid reflux, so I decided to do a google search. Imagine my surprise when I find that other people who are having this same issue also share my TOS symptoms. It's almost too much of a coincidence to ignore. The only difference is that I don't really have any pain in my chest. I have had several panic attacks in my life, and during those situations I had terrible pain in my chest, but I think it was probably just my muscles tightening up and my heart being affected by the fact that I wasn't breathing normally. Someone above mentioned all of these symptoms being purely anxiety, but I find that really difficult to believe personally, at least for me. The pain that I have is oftentimes unbearable to the point where I throw up from it being so bad or literally scream because I can't help it. While I do agree that anxiety definitely exacerbates most if not all health conditions, I think there is definitely more behind this than simply anxiety. Also, I have been on the nortriptyline for several months now for chronic pain, but typically this is prescribed for anxiety or depression. I have noticed a significant decrease in my stress levels (an added bonus of the medicine, in my opinion), but no noticeable difference in the amount of pain I have or the numbness/tingling sensations on the left side of my body. I think this supports my belief that these issues are not purely caused by anxiety.

any of u smokin meth?
because thats why im havin those symptoms..... so take that into consideration

I too have experienced the same symptoms of numbness in the left arm and chest pain. I've rushed to the emergency room on three occassions thinking it was a heart attack. After numerous test, including nuclear heart exams, the cardiologist says my heart is fine. However, this numbness in my arm and chest will not go away. Most days, I just pray that I can have at least one day I will feel good without this uncomfortable pain. I went to a specialist who says he believe its irritable bowel syndrome that is making me feel this way and that I need to eat more fiber in my diet...I've done that and the discomfort is still there. I am just at a lost now....