hi 22 year old guest...im exactly the same ive had 2 days of bleeding then spotting for one day and now nothing...
i already have a 4 yr old whichi had a similar situation with my pregnancy with him but i didnt miss one then have one...i just had brown spotting....then nothing but i done 8 tests with him till i got a positive finally at 8 weeks gone...but with that one i felt pregnant...with this one i feel different in many other ways....i to am confused? can anybody help us x

Actually you CAN be pregnant and have a period. There was a lady in Italy from memory, who was pregnant and while pregnant she got pregnant AGAIN. Yes she carried two babies at the same time, conceived on different dates, had them at different times. I think she was about 6 months pregnant when she conceived the second. I will have to google and see if I can find the story.
I mean scientifically, why couldn't a woman release another egg from an ovary, while she is pregnant??

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/pregnant-woman-pregnant-julia-grovenburg-conceives-consecutively/story?id=8656369

I cannot find the story I am thinking of, but I found this about a woman in Arkansas.

People these are people who have done their research however it has become more common for women to have periods heavy or light during their pregnancies. It is not as uncommon as people think. Most pregnancies can go undetected by all kinds of tests. May I remind u that every person is different and therefore their bodies act and react differently to each and every test. I know this bc I am a OBGYN. Studies have recently shown that more woman are going with undetected pregnancies bc their eats come back negative regardless of what kind of test it is bc of rare disorders that have in fact become more common and more frequent in women especially those who do have rare hereditary disorders. I have encountered many women who have been tested for pregnancy both blood and urine tests and have come back to my office 3 months later in full labor bc the tests have in fact become inefficient to the modern woman. I don't want to scare u but it is up to u to know the signs and see a doctor. Ur best option for finding out is a vaginal ultrasound after at LEAST a month after the symptoms start to occur. For any unusual signs that may seem like a pregnancy with other symptoms that do not occur in pregnant woman see a doctor immediately.

I agree with your post! My mom has a friend that had regular periods until she delivered. Me on the other hand, I am having really bad lower abdominal cramps in my stomach right above my pelvic bone, and the pain is pretty bad, I don't want to go to the hospital because I have no one to watch my kids...I am a breastfeeding mother of a thirteen month old, so my periods are irregular because of this. Just started getting my periods in October 2010. I hadn't had intercourse eighteen months prior to November. This is where my story gets weird Oct my period started on the first. November it started on the third. December it started on the fourth. I had sex on November 29th with my baby's father and yes it was unprotected, the next day I was feeling nauseated and tired increased appetite so I thought nothing of it at first. My period was irregular and different even the color, was a brown color for the first day. My period started on November the fourth, and lasted like eight days.(unusual) the nausea never went away. December second my period started and it was painful and long again..I'm nauseated tired and scared.I'm not sure if I'm preganant or not? or if I may have an ovarian cyst, but I have taken several pregnancy test and they have all been negative. I have had a ectopic pregnancy before my thirteen month and I only have one tube, I would like to have one more child if possible. I am curious to know if this sounds normal? or if I am paranoid!

im 14 yrs. of age and i took a preg. test two of them and they both cme bak positive i cant eat anything i threw up twice i sleep all the tyme n everyday i wake up n dont feel good but i had a period 4 four days n it cme really early i really dont whats going on im afraid to tell my mom and my dad is not there in my life so im asking can i b preg. bcus at d beginin of my cycle it was spotting then it started lightish brown pink then it gt a kl lil heavy n slowed down can a doctor or somebody PLEASE!!!! help me so the otha 14 yr. old i feel yur pain

Hi...just have some concerns...i took two pregnancy tests one on wed may 18th and then again on may 20th of 2011.  both tests came back positive but the positive sign was really light.  itz now may 24th and i started bleeding on may 23rd..it wasnt real heavy but not real light either..i already took it as if i was having a miscarriage...i woke up this morning and the bleeding was a bit heavier but as the day has gone by it has gotten alot lighter.  could i possiably still be pregnant and if so how long should i wait to take a pregnancy test when the bleeding finally stops?

I'm freaking out. I'm getting my period every month like normal but I'm sooo tired all the time and then there'll be timeswhen Im so rstless and cant sleep. I get mild cramping all month long and back and hip pain. I'vealso been hving migraines the past two weeks and for the last month, no matter how little I drink, I really need to pee all the time. I'm 18 and live wit my parents and I can't talk to them because my mum reckons she'd kill me if I was... Could I be pregnant or am I worrying over nothing???

Bleeding and pregnancy are common, but always serious and important. Go see a doctor or visit a women's health clinic.

It doesn't sound like you're pregnant but it is possible. Get yourself a pregnancy test at the pharmacy and check it out to put your mind at rest. However it does sound like you may have a bladder infection or std, and these can be serious and may require antibiotics, for which you need a prescription. If you are 18 your doctor can't tell your mother without your permission - but you do need to see one or go to a women's health clinic if a private visit isn't possible. It also sounds like your whole system is out of balance. DON'T get dehydrated - this is contributing to your migraines. You need to drink lots of water, whether it's a bladder infection or anything else. Get to the doctor/clinic first. Tell her/him everything. S/he may put you on oral contraceptives if you're sexually active but as boring as barrier methods are they do prevent disease. They may also help with the rest of the symptoms. You sound like you are under a lot of stress. A longer-term answer is to start learning about stress and relaxation and better all-round health. When we're 18 we often haven't a clue about how to balance the body's need for good diet, rest, exercise, and it's a very stressful time for many people. I'm not in favour of drugs as a long-term answer to health issues but they have their place. I'm sure you'd benefit from learning a bit about things that lead to a happier and therefore healthier life. As you move out into the world you need to learn about your needs and not to treat your body like a machine.***this post is edited by moderator *** *** advertizing  not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use
 Best of luck; I'm sure if you do these things you'll sort it out. Kind regards meanwhile.

Hello.. So i have a few questions i need to ask.. ive told my friend everything that has been going on with me and ive been reading SO much online about early symptoms etc... and my friend who has been pregnant 2 times say she thinks i am.. So April 2011 I was 7 months into taking my birth control pills.. and had a month long period, so my boyfriend told me to stop taking them.. then shortly after that.. i started to get the hicups 5 to 7 times a day with or without eating which is very weird for me.. next im experencing acid reflux bad.. headaches, being tired alll the time... very moody like i snap at my boyfriend for NO good reason, restless legs at night., trouble falling asleep, and since ive been a child  i have never been the type to wake up in the middle of the night to go pee and yep thats happenin now not all the time but alot more then normal.. i am having normal periods kinda.. oh and my feet are swelling like MAD i plan on taking a home test this weekend but i would really like what others opinons are?

okay, so The last time I had my period was April 30th, and I took probably 4 pregnancy tests which all came back negative. I went to the dr and she said that I should wait until after I was supposed to have started in July. and I should have started in the 30th of June. she said to wait a week after it should've ended and take another test. that would've been yesterday, I started my period last night but am almost 2 weeks late and I was never late. could I be pregnant even on a period now?

This has always been a controversial subject. Medically no, you cannot have a period while being pregnant because that is when you shed the uterus lining that nourishes the baby growing inside. However, bleeding during pregnancy can occur and mistaken as a period. Most times bleeding during pregnancy is a sign of ectopic, hormone imbalances or if you're really early in your pregnancy, implantation bleeding. Problem with forums like these is that everyone is so strong on their opinions, that's why when in doubt are you pregnant or not, I suggest just taking a test or going to the doctor, instead of going on the internet where you can hear all sorts of things that might scare you silly. After all, people you encounter on the internet are strangers and what they say can be a complete lie (not indicating that any of these other ones are, but bare in mind some common sense and don't believe everything.) There have ALWAYS been women out there who didn't know they were pregnant, and it's usually denial or other issues that have caused that or if they have no reason to believe they are. Also, some women who are on birth control pills continue to have periods during pregnancy, yes, pregnant on birth control, it happens. So, my advice? Take a test, if that doesn't convince you, go to a doctor and get a blood test, still not convinced? Talk to your doctor, maybe you could get an ultrasound and trust me, that can't get you a false reading.

I am saying this from personal experience and doing hours worth of frantic studying on the internet when I've been concerned about pregnancy. Yes, I am only 17 years old. I've done 3 pregnancy tests, had constant periods and even had a doctor feel for my uterus. I'd be now 26 weeks, but by now I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant without the belly and all :-D

So PLEASE people, remember to have common sense in these things. Yes, you can bleed and have "periods" during pregnancy, but they are NOT periods.

i have been having symptoms of pregnancy tender brest hardness around my stomach and nausea feelings ..but i jus came on my cycle but i still feel like i could be preggo can u still go to tha doctor on ur cycle? are would i have to wait..are can i take my own home preggo test?

I am new here but need help. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend during my ovulation period that actually thought i was going to be pregnant. I have been having signs of pregnancy like tiredness, on and off nausea. Then i got on my period from the 15th of this month but i am still having those symptoms and this pain in my lower abdomen. Im confused if i should go ahead and take a test since i've already had a period or could i be pregnant and still be on my period?? HELP PLS.