I'm a vegan. Dairy is not the culprit with me. I've had this for years. I have now decided since I sound like all the old people I've ever known its the beginning of old age. I hock up a lung in the bathroom every morning and all I hear my grandfather as I was growing up. It's worse in the winter because of the dry heat. I just bought a humidifier - hope it will help!

thanks for affirming that this problem is not related to dairy consumtion - never beleived it was ..........and i also have come to conclusion it is an aging problem

I can understand what you are going through as I 've had the same problem for 2 years. Almost gave up until today when a pharmacist recomended GeloMyrtil (capsules of natural remedy based on plants). I've taken only two and already I noticed a marked improvement. Hope things will continue to improove. I suggest you try it to.

have had excess mucus in throat since 2010 quality of life not good. had 2 fundoplications which have made no difference will try Gelo Myrtil someone also wrote about cider vinigar will try also

I went to Vanderbilt with the same problem. Waste of my time, they treated me for acid-reflux, which my GI had said I didn't have, ad I told them this. Tussinex only thing that has helped, but doctors want give Rx's for this on regular basics, Good luk been fighting this for 2 yrs. thinking of going to Mayo, but feel this could be waste of time and money. Vanderbilt gave up on my problem after 2nd visit.

I have the same problem. It started about 3 or 4 years ago. I am always coughing up mucous, especially after a meal. Do you notice it is worse after eating ? Anyway, my doctor hasn't a clue either. Also, my sinuses are always clogged too. I go thru a box of kleenex weekly. I wish I had an answer for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your sickness. I wish you well. If I ever find the cause & a treatment, I will be sure to blog it here on this page.

I know I have been on several rounds of antibiotics..I dont have allergies either.. I think we are getting closer but as of now I am having a CT scan of my neck which will hopefully show something..Two doctors have said they think its nodules on my vocal cords which are like speed bumps and not sure how to get rid of them (prolly surgery)..

I'm aware of two possible cures (namely those that help me): Taking Remeron (mirtatsapine), and taking chewing gum. I became aware of Remeron helping on this, since I have been depressed also. The manufacturer representative said it may help since it contains antihistamine; I don't trust that very much since when I take antihistamine pills they have no effect. The second aid, chewing gum was found since I discovered that while eating there is no flow of mucus, so I tried something similar, and it helps! I have made earlier posts of this latter on this forum already some months ago. Maybe it would be worth it to give a try to these possible aids!

I wish these worked. I wish anything worked.

A former co-worker had this same problem, along with post-nasal drip, and asked me to help research it for her.  In the end, she discovered the solution herself.  It is an allergy to a gluten protein.  Here are two links describing what happens when the body rejects the protein:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Once my co-worker changed her diet, she saw immediate results in less than a weeks' time.

Good luck and let me know if this helps.

I have the same condition and finally discovered that the timing of the medicine that you take is key. One 24 hour Zertec with one 12 hour Sudafed (or generics) at 11:00 PM before you go to bed does the trick. In the AM, there will still be some coughing up Mucus but it quickly clears for the whole day. Took me 15 years to figure this out . 8 doctors that I saw were clueless. Try it !!

Hello. I know this has posted a long time ago.. I also have the same problem. It started when I had a sore throat one day and has never stopped. That was when I was 19 and im 23 now. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. But I have found a way to make it temporarily leave you alone. And it works for me I cant say it will for every one. 1000 mg garlic softgel. It has to be100% nanatural garlic oil. Now I personally believe it ia some type of infection and natural garlic oil is the most powerful antibiotic in the world. I my self cant swallow pills so I pop a hole in a capsule and squirt it in my mouth and wash it down. It just tastes like garlic because its 100% natural oil. And its recommended to just take one but I take 2 to 3 a day. Usually one with every meal. And if I forget to take any for 2 days the mucus comes back. Other wise im good. Another thing I noticed is when this all started I was gaining alot of weight and started snoring ridiculously when I slept. Sense I reolized this iv been eating better and loading up on my natural vitamins and what not and am losing weight snoring less and just feeling better when I wake up every morning. I hope any of this can help every body. Id like to hear for any one who reads this and trys it. Or if you need help with finding the right stuff. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I just want to chime in, if it's of any use to anyone, that i've had an issue in my throat presumably caused by sinus drainage for many months. It has made speaking extremely difficult and college nightmarish. Dr. prescribed steroids, allergy spray, and acid pills. nothing works. like others, it worse after eating and in the morning and when I lie down. It makes daily life very hard.

Hi Everyone! I know of someone who had the exact same issue, except his condition was blamed on Sarcoidosis. Maybe you want to look at that as a possible cause? He also has to flush using a nasal rinse everyday, which relieves pressure and build up, and may provide some of you with relief. 

I am also facing the same problem since long time, ie frequent clearing of throat.  I tried with many specialist but nothing clear the problem.  Then I tried Homeopathy, some how it is usuful. but you have to go for lengthy course. In the mean time i read it some article, over the time it will become a habit. 

You can cleary notice,   if you are very busy in work or watching movies or engage yourself busy, this problem is less.  While you are going to sleep, the mind will be free, it intensify this feeling more. Some how it related to  human psychology as well.