I have been going through the same thing for a long time 5 to 6 years. None of the Dr's can tell me anything. I hack in the morning for over 1 hour getting all this c**p out of my system nothing they have given me has stopped it. Wish I knew a cure, it wears me out coughing & hacking for this long. I am 68 years old and in good health except for this stuff..

You guys want a cure? Stop eating sugar, that includes any fruits and/or veggies that contain sugar. You need to eliminate ALL sugar from your bodies. It sounds like everyone here has candida. Modern day diets have been killing out bodies and will continue to.

Research Candida, Find out what foods you can and can not eat on a good candida information site. Visit a naturopath, have them help you along the way.

I overcame mucus, nasal drip, rashes, lethargy, constant stomach pains, head aches...You have no idea what this yeast does to your body until it's gone. Please trust me on this one. Stop eating sugar until your problem is gone.

OMG I have just read a couple of pages to this condition. I too this morning are going through the ritual fo this embarrasing constant clearing & hacking....last for a good two hours...have also been of the vomitting & also do the reaching thing also....I developed chronic hayfever at the age of 20, literally woke up one morning with the feeling that something had crawled into my nose and which set off sneezing all day every day....I am now 50 & have been putting up with the thoat mucus every day for about the past 10 yrs....after reading the posts I feel so sorry for us all...the poor man who vomits whilst eating is possibly the worst story I've heard...this is an extremely dibillitating disorder !!!!!!!!!!!!!...my doctor also passed it off & put it down to anxiety, nerves or my hayfever, no help there....SORRY but I too have no cure to offer either.....

wondering if this heredatory ??? my grandfather would spend half an hour every morning in the toilet coughing, hacking, vomitting up mucus...I always used to think how gross it was & thought how ridiculous it was that he did this, LIKE HE DID IT OUT OF CHOICE ....I had no IDEA it was a medical problem, nor did he or anyone else in the family

I'm gonna keep my eyes on this discussion & hope & pray that we get a cure soon....

I WILL POST A CURE SHOULD THERE EVER BE ONE......but until then know that we're not alone......take care to all affected by this.....

22 y/o male, had it bad since 17. My mother is also affected to a lesser extent.

Don't know what it is, but eliminating carbohydrates does work, at least for 90% of the misery. This means no sugar, no milk or yogurt, no fruit, no starch, limited vegetables (no corn/tomatoes/onion, some bell pepper, spinach/lettuce fine). Eating lots of cheese, peanuts and turkey... Basically can't eat out. I still have stomach pain and some tiredness, but the mucus goes away completely, and not exhausted 24/7 like before.

Any exception (glass of orange juice, an apple, one container of yogurt) makes it worse either immediately (especially if it's a drink) or the next day. Sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Not eating 95% of food is a small price to pay in my case. The alternative is intolerable.

Hi Maria,

I have been suffering from this for several years and i'm extremely depressed as i see others have stated.

i just went out and got probiotics as i am desperate to try anything.

Would you be so kind as to share with us how and when you started to see relief?

Thank you.

Use a tongue scraper in the morning after brushing your teeth. If yellow gunk is collected you have chronic sinus infection. I sleep with an Air Purifier next to my bed and take 2 Benadryl tabs at night about 2 hours before I sleep. In the morning I take 1 non drowsy all day tablet (like Claritin)

I've been trying various things for curing my bad chronic drip, including neti pot; it was not of help really. Just three days ago I myself came upon a method that helps dramatically. Chewing gum or peanuts when chewed seem to cheat my nervous system, obviously so that saliva secretion in the mouth causes mucus secretion in sinuses to stop.
Hopefully that can be effective also for somebody else.
I'm sorry that I've not been in occastion yet to go and see an ENT doctor to ask about the method and if it is known by doctors (in addition to being used in case of halitosis).

what probotic did you take?

The chewing gum is a xylitole menthol type. The peanuts were just salted peanuts. I also tried to chew a piece of plastic (just out of curiosity), it helped also, but not so much, I had to consciously swallow the saliva in the mouth in that, while swallowing is natural in case of chewing gum and peanuts. As soon as I dispose of the chewing gum, mucus is back.
I have tried also oil of oregano and extract of thyme, cinnamon and clove, to no avail.

I am the same way. I had my tonsils removed in August at age 44 and now the top of my throat is good but am choking on mucus. I have even been diagnosed with depression, I laughed and said thanks and I'm sorry you are. This mucus is so horrible that I too can't sleep even with sleeping medicine. It does appear to be worse with any starchy food or foods with sugar.

I only drink water and eat nothing that can cause any sort of stomach acid, had the camera thing done as well but found nothing. This is soo frustrating.

did you ever find out from Vanderbilt what was causing the Mucous

I am older male who had a bad cold or bronchitis and boe cough trying to get rid of the mucus, its a bummer.

CONFIRMATION OF MY FANTASTIC CURE!!!
Everyone who has not yet tried this should now try.
It still works for me, all through these 3 weeks. Drip stops immediately.
Nothing else has worked for me (diet, poti net, extracts, ...), except Duact to some extent, but it is not ordered for me for longer periods.
So now I have tried
- chewing gum, it works
- cachew nuts, it works
- pacifier, it works (yes indeed, this is the thing that babies use)
- a cord out of plastic, with a knot at the end that I put to mouth
I have tried these various means, just because I'd like to understand the mechanism. Probably it is affecting the parasympathetic nervous system. And all of the above do it, although not all are so convenient.
Obviously chewing gum shoud be the choice in a normal case.

I'd like to add that my problem is mucus production from the sinuses or nasal turbinates, not from throat. I have no idea if the same method could help with throat.
And why did I detect this method. Because I first detected that while eating mucus production is in standstill, so one day after lunch I decided to simulate eating by starting to chew a gum.

I, too, suffer from constant throat mucous that I can not hack up. Started as sinus infection and has been about 1 year now.  My ENT doc thinks mold allergy is cause. He gave free samples of Astepro, an antihistamine nasal spray. Had some relief after a week and was feeling better but a prescription is too expensive - no insurance. Dr. very unsympathetic. Now I'm looking for a substitute antihistamine that's cheap. Ha ha! Antibiotics only make it worse since most made from molds. Very frustrated, depressed, and embarrased by this. Constantly hacking and spitting producing very little material. Sometimes can't swallow, extreme fatigue. Best wishes to all others who have this.