I have the same problem. So sad, frustrating & sucks. I have come to believe that us lucky (NOT) ones all suffer from overgrowth of yeast (cadida). Bastards!!

i have had some of these issues as well. i would have a constant cough and phlegm in the back of my throat never being able to spit it out. i noticed i would get this more when i was laying down at night. I figured it was some type of allergy i devaloped. I dont have insurance so a few days ago i startedd taking 5mg of cetirizine hydrochloride in the evening around 6pm. (its a generic brand of zyrtec -otc allergy medicine) im 28 female. so far for the last few days i have really no cough at night. its only been a few days, i hope it continues to work.

I wonder if it could have anything to do with an overactive immune system,plus allergies. I have the same problem.

You need to cut all dairy and gluten out of your diet. These foods in particular create a lot of mucus. I would look into veganism if I were you. Your diet will greatly affect this.

Hi, I have done still some more progress. It's not even necessary to chew the gum; it suffices that after having first crunched the chewing gum, I move it to the space between the gum (it appears from my dictionaly that word gum also means the tissues and bones that hold the teeth ...) and the cheek inner side; the drip stays off !!

the chinese medicine doctor says it is the spleen that is giving off the mucous use ginger root in hot water and cinnamon to heat up the spleen .. also I had a colon irrigation.. these things help alot.. who wants to start on drugs as our doctors who have become pharma salespeople suggest!

Sounds so similar to my life...I also have been constantly clearing my throat and spitting up mucus and always have swollen glands. I might feel good for a week or too but then sick feeling again.. Been to the doctor and specialist multiple times to get NO answers..bloodwork done several times too..So very frustrating..This ailment has to be something..They keep telling me its GERD or acid reflux too but I know my body and its NOT..I dont even hardly ever have heartburn or burning in my throat from food. Once in a while it will be burning for no reason and I have to sputter and clear and spit for like 30 minutes and then I will feel ok..I am so tired of this..I hope you get some answers soon because I know exactly what you are going thru. I have also had this nagging upper right back pain for 5+ years that they dont know what it is...dont know if I am cursed or what but I am tired of being treated like I am just making it up ya know. Good luck to you..wish I knew as well what these annoying ailments are.

hello,  Im  31 years. I believe that it comes from a number of things. If you have had a history of bronchitis, allergies or condition of the lungs. It seems as though the mucus will form at times that you bring it out. I just started having this problem about 5yrs ago when I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I quit smoking for 2years, but it came back after I started smoking and my allergies was into effect. We have to be careful what we do to our bodies, and learn how to take care of it. Im no expert, but I have enuff health experience to know that something is not right. I really hopes this help someone out

I also have same problem but these days I feel relief. I drink orange juice (Merigold ) 1 cup morning and 1 cup evening, if you want you can purt honey, try it.

Hello, I am from Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, Mexico, it's bellow arizona, just so you know where do I live because of allergies, I have tried many things to get well from chronic mucous in my throat, and when I say many I mean it, I've seen doctors here in my city, in Mexico city, in Hermosillo and in Tucson, not kidding, I´ve take all kind of medicine, and I don´t really have an accurate answer for the problem, but what I did and it worked for me:

1. Wash my nose with sinus rinse (I use the salt that they sell and I mix it with warm water not hot, always clean the vase or whatever it is very good after using)

2. I take singulair. Not all year, I take it when the weather changes for like a month, twice a year.

3. I stopped eating or drinking things that irritate my stomach, things that made my stomach acid (for me red wine for example)

That's just for me, I think everybody have different results but for me I think the best is to wash your nose and take singulair, which one of my new 3 habits worked I am not sure, maybe the combination of all 3, and don´t be lazy, dedicate time to do this, not 1 or 2 times a week, after a while you will do it without noticed it.

If anyone wants to contact me, please do, I have really tried a lot of things and I know how it feels not to spend money but not to get any answers to the problem.

Hope you all get better.

I am thinking mine might be TMJ because I also grinding my teeth at night.. brown mucous doesn't sound good at all..I am going to be massages for this as I refuse to take drugs. there are people that do this work.. check it out..

Hi can I pls Get more info on why u think this is candida? It's interesting u say this because I feel this could be my problem too but no doctor seems to agree because they cannot see typical white patches associated with candida in my mouth. Thanks!

Hi, I too have the same problem as everyone in this group had. I think I have developed this allerg after having some pulmonary testI from diagnoist centre. 

Visited several chestspecialists and ENTs but did not work out. I have given up all sweetfood items and was drinking only hot water for all most 3 to 4 months. It reduces for some time and again comes up after I eat anything which swet and oily. Getting frustrated .

Hope we all get a solution soon... Drinking honey, Lemon water is some what helping 

Me too feeling the same thing for last two months( some thing in my throat feeling .. My ENT told me that this is an acidity problem. but it is realy frustrating for me. can any one help me.

I am actually suffering from the same thing. It has been years fo me as well, My daughters will kid me and say, "If you can't find mom wait a minute and you will hear her". and it not minutes it is usually seconds, that is not the way I want to be remembered by my loved ones... My doctor gave me a nasal spray to try but didn't work either. It just started one day and never went away. I wish I had some answers too, you are not alone. I am wondering if it is allergies or something else causing this too. When I eat certain foods I notice I get worse. But then again I am not the doctor, I hope some answers are found soon, sometimes I have difficulty breathing and not sure what to relate it too. Asthma or the fact my throat is full of c**p.