Hi everyone!

I'm afraid i'm in the same boat. except my husband has already decided to move out and go stay with his mum and he's mentioned the dreaded word 'divorce'.
We've been married for nearly a year and a half and have lived together for 2 and a half years.. i am absolutely shocked and devastated to have to give up our relationship and marriage but he thinks we are too different and want completely different things from life to carry on together.
It's true, we do have our differences but doesn't everyone? what makes a relationship special is that you can identify the differences and work together to find a common ground and respect each other despite the differences.
He has always been a bit of a gamer, ever since i've known him, and before that he was addicted to drugs but then abruptly gave them up. So i suppose he has an addictive personality.. and i realise that i can't force him to stop gaming until he understands that it is a problem.
We have been fighting a lot lately because i felt like his gaming was getting in the way of our relationship.. we grew so comfortable with each other that we were both being unhappy.. i was getting angry at him for gaming and he would get angry and seek solace in gaming.. it's been like a vicious circle!

Of course, he got sick and tired of the arguing and has now left me and moved in with his mum.. he seems to think we will be better off as friends and that we are not good at being in a relationship however i think we should have sat down and tried to work things through properly before throwing away our marriage.

Am i right at all in having hope and wanting to save our marriage or is there no turning back for us now?

Hello Everyone,

I am also experiencing almost identical situations with everyone  - I have known my husband since I was 16 (I am now going on 33) - We have been married for 6 years now and have 2 boys together.  His additction to video games have ALWAYS been an issue for me.  At one point while I was still in college, I was  smart enough to recognize I deserved better and broke it off- we got back together with promise of never letting his gaming get that out of control however, we were married shortly after/ had babies and so here I am...sitting on the same fence since he started back up with gaming in 2006. Thats rights...I have been truly and utterly miserable here on the fence of wanting to get a divorce yet not having the courage to do it. What I have realized in this past year of total depression is that there is no denying that my hubnad is addicted and he even denies it even though I see him log on everyday 365 days a year!! I am just done with this BS and I feel somewhat pissed off at myself for not having the balls to do it earlier- I have truly gone to the mountain and back trying with different ways to reason with my unhappiness with his gaming -I got into all kinds of mess with destructive activies trying to fill the void I was feeling for not having that stable trustworthy partner in life - you know the one I thought was going to truly work his a** off to provide for me an dmy boys.  I have been extremely patient with gaming in all the years we have known each other and now iI am just OVER it - he has taken whatever patience I had and just stomped on it iover an dover - I am doing all I can to make me get through this - I am also really scared of what lies ahead but the one thing I am pretty sure is that there is no light at the end of the tunnel he is in  - I am not going to die miserable and unhappy because of this gaming isssue I have -  hes dragged me down long enough and I am ready to live the life I deserve - to be with others who takes everyday seriously and wants to be connected to others- wants to share ups/ downs and just LIVE in the real world DEALING WITH real issues- I have never been more clear than I am now in who I am and who I want to be - i no longer look at him as needing to change as well as I dont look to myself wanting to chnage in order to adapt to gaming issues - this is what it is and this is not working for me... 

Good Luck Everyone - I hope you all the best)

LChoi

Hello Everyone,

I am also experiencing almost identical situations with everyone  - I have known my husband since I was 16 (I am now going on 33) - We have been married for 6 years now and have 2 boys together.  His additction to video games have ALWAYS been an issue for me.  At one point while I was still in college, I was  smart enough to recognize I deserved better and broke it off- we got back together with promise of never letting his gaming get that out of control however, we were married shortly after/ had babies and so here I am...sitting on the same fence since he started back up with gaming in 2006. Thats rights...I have been truly and utterly miserable here on the fence of wanting to get a divorce yet not having the courage to do it. What I have realized in this past year of total depression is that there is no denying that my hubnad is addicted and he even denies it even though I see him log on everyday 365 days a year!! I am just done with this BS and I feel somewhat pissed off at myself for not having the balls to do it earlier- I have truly gone to the mountain and back trying with different ways to reason with my unhappiness with his gaming -I got into all kinds of mess with destructive activies trying to fill the void I was feeling for not having that stable trustworthy partner in life - you know the one I thought was going to truly work his a** off to provide for me an dmy boys.  I have never been more clear than I am now in who I am and who I want to be - i no longer look at him as needing to change as well as I dont look to myself wanting to chnage in order to adapt to gaming issues - this is what it is and this is not working for me...  I am doing all I can to make me get through this - I am also really scared of what lies ahead but the one thing I am pretty sure is that there is no light at the end of the tunnel he is in  - I am not going to die miserable and unhappy because of this gaming isssue I have -  hes dragged me down long enough and I am ready to live the life I deserve - to be with others who takes everyday seriously and wants to be connected to others- wants to share ups/ downs and just LIVE in the real world DEALING WITH real issues- The only thing that kills me is having to break this news to my 6 and 3 year boys, my mom and my -in-laws:(

LChoi

What can you actually do though?  I have this problem every day.  Ever since he got this laptop about a year ago, all he does is play games when he is not at work or running errands.  It is hard to have a convo.  I wonder how many women divorce over this.

I am married to a 47 year old gamer. We have 2 great sons 18 and 15. A couple years ago, he was addicted to WoW. While I was running are oldest to college visits, he was on WoW. He too would play it constantly, after work, early morning, and on weekends. He wouldn't shave or shower-gross! Finally had enough and told him he could pack his sh*t up & live with his parents, give me 1/2 of 401k and go play his game or else! He quit, I broke game CD's and wiped it clean from computer. All was OK for awhile, UNTIL the 18 yr old bought Skyrim for himself! He ( the 18 yr old) is responsible to limit the time ( less than 3 hrs a week) that he spends on it. My husband is back to sneaking in bed @ 3am and getting up @ 7 am on weekends and as soon as he gets home from work. The kids are embarrassed to bring friends over and mad about it as well as I am. I am ready to give him the boot, most of my 20 years of marriage has been like this. He's an identical twin and his brother isn't like this at all! You ladies out there, GET RID of the lazy gamers! Don't waste you time on them!

Hi I have been dealing with my husband's addiction for the past 7 years of our marriage. First of all let me just say he is taking up to 12-13 hours just playing his computer game on the main pc and on his laptop. I feel that me and my son are being neglected. If his not playing on the Xbox he is playing on PC and going to sleep at 4-6 in the morning. When I spoke to him about the situation he did admit that he had a problem and suggested that he would start playing less. He did good for 2 days only cause I was timing him. Infortunately this plan didn't work. Then he decided that he didn't care and that he was just going to play as much time as he desired.  As soon as he wakes up he turns the computers on a eat his meals on the desk. When Our son is talking to him, he doesn't answer back, my son has to repeat him self util he get a respond. He is the same way with me, I talk to him and he ignores me. Besides the fact that he has a gaming addiction he also has a porn addiction. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am heartbroken.  :'( I don't deserve this and neither does my son. He is not a father figure or example to our son. There has been many times where i just want to run away and never come back. 

Sorry for the bad grammer..o.O

Help! I have no idea what to do? I am only 19 years old and been with my partner 4 years, we have a beautiful 6 month old daughter.  My partner is constantly playing his p.c games; After work, in work, at night and on weekends. He cant see how much they take over our life's and does not realize just how often he plays them. Everyday i will look after our baby girl, the house is always spotless (which you parents will understand is not easy with a little one) i'll do occasional shifts at work myself,  i will cook good dinners, make his lunch for work, do all the washing ironing and go as far as to clean his bath out after him. Don't get me wrong he works hard in his job 5 days a week and provides for his family.  He sometimes is a great dad but for the most i am a single mum already, he will sit at the p.c oblivious to our daughters screams. Not wanting to sound big headed but i am a slim attractive girl however my self es-stem is getting lower and lower. I cant remember the last time we slept together, or the last time he even looked at me in anyway. The other night whilst he was playing on his game i walked in to the room naked tried to seduce him and told him that i'l wait in bed for him, He told me he was playing in his game for an hour and then he was going to sleep....Heartbreaking to have a game chosen over me. He will constantly let me down and my family, he has little respect for me and makes out that i am deluded and a nag. He drinks, smokes and is over weight, yep pretty much a waste of space. He Was always my best friend and i love him still soo much . I dont want my daughter to have a broken family and the only person in the world i want is him. Rant over what to dooo?

Think long and hard about staying with this guy! You are so young! If he is doing this now it will only go on to more things in years to come. I have been married to a gaming addict for 20 years! He was playing WOW and it got so bad I was going to kick him out. He quit and I wiped computer clean and broke the game CD's. A couple years have past and now it's "Skyrim" He gets up early and goes to bed late on weekends. Plays it as soon as he gets home from work. He played it a total of 8 hours today! Yippee! So if you don't want a life alone, cleaning up after everyone and enabling this behavior, Get your education to support yourself and DROP this guy! Your daughter will only be embarrassed by his behavior as she gets older and has friends over. My sons are 15 & 18 and come to me first always for any help because he is always gaming.

Hi Gaby, I am currently experiencing the same situation with my husband. He's addicted to Evony. Though I haven't seriously considered divorcing him because of his addiction, I am becoming impatient and a bit hopeless. I am curious about how things turned out with you and your husband and how you handled things.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Well this written from a Air Force wife, who has a husband addicted to video games. Its not that the are wives not interesting, if the men were addicted to cocaine its because the wives are uninteresting. Typical stepford military wife thinking. I am self confident military wife, makes more then my husband. Plus do all the housework.

Husband is not a leader as u stated u kind contradict yourself telling them to earn it. Leadership is not given. Typical woman being dominated by a male. I love my husband and what he does in for the military, but he is human. He is equal to me as I am to him. These woman's lives are not military so chain of command does not exhist for married couples. Most of these woman were not degrading their husband calling them names, failures, or whatever these woman are looking for an answer and u kind of was rude treated them as they were in military, they are civilians.

I played WOW for almost 5 years of my life, when you guys talk about how your friend/spouse has friends he/she really think is like their best friend like someone who is right next to them but in the game, I was like that too. What you have to understand is those people have something in common that they can talk about and express together, something you guys can't do if you aren't into the game. That being said try to find things to do to bond with them, and thing to get them out of the house. Fresh air can work miracles. If that isn't the case sh*t give them all the sex they could ask for anything to get them off the game, the game is a disease. It lets them suffer but pulls them back with a strategic reward system. Hope this info helped.

I have a situation similar to mine, I agree with your reason because I also feel the same way lack of attention from my husband a minute ago I google research about "wife filing a divorce due to husband's addiction to Video Games" and found out that once of the cause is that husband's addiction to video games is due to an escape to unhappy relationship I was alarmed to what I read I feel disappointed and seek advise, We have 2 kids and I am serious about pulling out my husbands addiction to "call of duty" game before that game he has a lot of time with us, I work 12 hrs shift and always dying to have my scheduled fix to fit with his but unfortunately he has his own schedule and my effort to making our quality time is not possible, he is nice but no time for the family is like having another family.... Please help I need advise I talk to him about it, he stopped but then he's giving an attitude and he converted the stopping by feeling week He ignores me should I divorce him? Not only this but his side of clan also is a mess so I am having a thought about everything!!! Please HELP!

Darn stupid video games my husband does the same!!! They suck! Aaghhhhhh!!!! I have VIDEO GAMES!!!

Don't make babies without thinking through, he will not likely support you much-will pay more attention to computer than baby

I know how you feel my husband is the same way. He just keeps getting worse. We have 3 girls and he won't spend time with them or me. My youngest will stay up late just sitting by him watching him play just to be close to him. He just ignores her. I have talked to him lots about giving us more time but he says I watch movies to much makes us feel bad. Only reason why I do is because it makes me feel better watching how happy other people lives on on the movies. He is to busy playing games to care about us. He will come home from work at 9pm and play until 4 am. On his days off work he will get on as soon as he wakes up and plays all day, until 5am or later some days all night and all day. Only to stop to find food what he wants not what I have made. He won't help around the house things are falling apart and he won't fix them just tells me to do it. It's like hole in the walls I don't know how to fix. I don't know what to do anymore. Tryed everything. He does better for 2 days then he is right back to same thing. He does work so I can stay home and take care of the girls and that is nice. I don't want a divorce it will be so hard on the girls. I only stay because of my girls. It feels like he isn't really here at all. I'm so alone. My friends have moved so I don't get to talk to anyone but my girls they are all I have anymore. Just so alone. You are lucky your guys at least do some help I don't get any help with anything.