My husband also has a problem with world of war craft. I has pregnant and he promised he would quit playing the game to spend more time with his family. In my eye's my husband is perfect except his gaming. Sometimes often feel he loves his video game more then me and our son. I love him so much but I don't know how much longer I can handle his gaming.

I can relate to you 100%. my hubby is a huge gamer and mostly played WoW. I even got involved with the game. Now he's addicted to other games. Tonight he played for 14hours! On this online tank world nonsense. I've explained time and time again over the past six years his all day gaming is an issue. We are facing the same problems you listened :0(. I see your comment is from long ago so I hope you are happier now.

My 54 year old husband is too! It doesn't get any better. There is a book called "When It is All Her Fault" and it is about men with arrested emotional development. They never grow up and gaming is their way of hiding their head in the sand to avoid life like an ostrich does. Pick up the book and see if it fits your situation. If I had the money, I''d get out of my marriage. Life is so lonely being the only adult in a marriage. I'm done raising my kids and I need a man.

I agree with that Lovestruth, my husband def has deep emotional issues that he hasn't faced. But that's a jounrey I can not make him take. I pray for the best for you & all of the troubled ladies on here. We do not have children yet thankfully. Though I feel as if I have one already. I call my husband the Manchild. He thinks it's normal to sit on a game for 14 hours at a time. Thankfully he finally has a job with the city. But before that he didn't work for years. His excuse was he didnt need to since his grandfather left him EVERYTHING so bills were paid. It was very diffcult for me to deal with. Mind you I worked at the time, cooked, cleaned, etc. He couldn't handle that thats for sure lol. I mean I have my own issue (I'm a recovering Alcoholic) so currently I can't focus on his addiction, it's def something he has to deal with it on his own. I did bring it up too him but you ladies know how that works lol. I try to help limit him, remind him he's been on for 8hours, which does work 80% of the time. Sometimes he doesn't realize how the hours go by. I know that 1st hand being into the gaming world myself. I use to play WoW, Star wars the old republic, and even Diablo to have something in common with him(he switches online games like a pair of underwear LOL). But there are days when I say something he gets pissed about it. He'll tell me "what do you want from me, theres nothing to do!" How bout find something other than sitting in front of the damn computer. Anyway, I ranted a bit sorry...I was shocked to see how many of us go through this with the online world of gaming. I def do not want to leave my husband, he is a very good man minus this gaming nonsense. I just wish he'd learn to control the amount of game play. Sigh...

I just realized this post is from 2007...o.O

That is okay. The problem doesn't go away. Even if the post was 2007. Women and families are still be hurt by it and split up because of this addiction. Gaming addiction is now the leading cause of divorce, even over money and infidelity now. It is first in these gamers livesand nothing is left for the family. They have to fend for themselves. Why have the gamer in their lives. Leave him to his games and lifestyle and move on to a more mature man.

You are stupid. In this day and age women work just as hard as men and marriage is a partnership. If one partner's "hobby" is staring at a video game for hours and neglecting all else then he does not deserve time time to himself. BTW this was clearly written by a man who has a "nagging" wife... you are fooling no one.

I don't know Zoesmom, sounds like a woman in denial To me. But you never know on the web. I found her post highly amusing too be honest. I guess she believed her advise was helpful. Mind you 98% of us "nagging selfish wives" probably tried the nice softer way. How dare us for wanting our spouse to deal with the responsablities of everyday life. Shame on me hahaa.

Maybe you should stop your nagging and shopping and drinking -- You like to do that and we don't stop you. I play video games because I enjoy it. I'm not escaping from anything or whatever psychological BS you want to generalize me with.

Good one lol ^^. Guest I didn't say you personal were a head case. I was speaking of my own experiences not yours or your life. I wouldn't know you now would I? I stopped drinking if you knew how to read you'd see that already my friend. You do not know my story, my husband did ask me to stop drinking. So yeah he did want to stop me something I thought I liked..oh wait thats nagging according to you HA. Shopping? I dislike shopping, where did that even come from? And again if you actually read my posts prior to my last you'd see I played online MMO's as well however they do not consume my life or keep me from doing what needs to be done..Best of luck to you, keep trolling and enjoy your life of gaming.

I do! every day of my life! i am so tired and I don't know what to say or do anymore?

First of all, why would you make the false assumption that the women are nagging, hateful and angry. I don't say anything to my husband. I realize I will never change him. I realize that I am the only adult in this relationship and someone has to be the adult. I don't expect a little boy to fill a man's shoes. We women work just as hard or harder then men in life and we deserve to be treated with love and respect. I am just acknowledging that you won't find anything but selfishness and self absorbtion in these immature little boys. There are real men out there who value women, are mature, responsible and don't run from conflict in a relationship, but use it as a resource to mature and grow closer in a relationship. They don't stick their head in the sand or escape reality via video games. I don't expect an immature person to get this. A Real man has real courage to face life and it's difficulties and cowards run away. It would appear to me that the one who is bailing out because of their emotions is the immature little boy who plays games instead of facing reality and conflict in their relationship. The ones who are truly courageous are the ones who remain in the relationship with these children when none of their physical, emotional, and relational needs are not met. Don't assume we don't have lives and we are nagging bit***s. If these boys would grow up, they wouldn't need a mommy asking them to take responsibilty for what they are to be responsible for. Just grow up and be responsible and act like an adult and a real man and you won't hear a peep from the person you are in a partnership with. I mean, someone has to, by default, be the adult if the man refuses to grow up and be responsible. I keep my mouth shut and go about my business. If my husband doesn't water the grass in his yard, someone else will come along who will take care of what he refuses to. I don't expect irresponsbile children to grasp this adult concept.

The reason addicted gamers get divorced most of the time is because they ignore their wives and childen. This leaves her vulerable and open to attention and someone who listens to her. Sometimes the gamers, (some of which are women) create more needs then they ever fill in a relationship. Someone comes along who is mature and notices how beautiful and smart your wife is. They pay attention to her and a relationships starts. Pretty soon, you have single handedly handed your wife and children over to someone else who gets half of everything you own all so you can play your video games for 8 to 10 hours straight. You won't know what hit you and you will blame her. Tell me that is not addiction. And most likely, she has tried to warn you ahead of time and you slammed her for nagging. Men just don't get it and you can't teach them anything when their head is in the sand. They have to hit bottom. You can't teach a 9 year old arrested emotionally developed man what a mature 35 year old knows. I don't expect a 2 year old to act like a 25 year old or have the same capacity to learn or be taught, so why bother and beat a dead horse. It isn't going to get up and finish the race HE STARTED. Let them hit bottom and do not enable them, I say.

I am reading these stories or accounts and gasping.  So much of what other woman are saying ti happening and has ben happening in my house for years.  My husband was an alcholic, he quite before he met me.  But he seems to need an addiction.  It started slowly when I met him, he would miss work and say it was because he was spending time with me but I'd be sleeping most of the time.  Its Starcraft, WoW, free online games, Evony(facebook game).  As long as he could spend hours he would try it.  The one game he was addicted to he quit abruptly, then told me months later that he traded pictures with someone woman on there and she sent him a naked photgraph.

At one he wouldn't even acknowledge me, after months of this I kissed someone else.  I still hate myself for that.  He realized what he was doing and spent more time with me and forgave me for cheating.

He sits at home and does not work.  He says that he tried to find a job but they don't pay enough.  There were points when I worked full time and paid for everything and he refused to even pick up my daughter after school because he would be sleeping at that time.  So I would have to pay for that too.

He yells if I try to talk to him when he is "taking a country" or whatever.  At times he I try to hug him and he plays around me. 

He has a lap top and a desk top computer and plays on both at the same time.  He has thousands invested in his computers, yet sits at home and tells me that I don't know how to save and I spend foolishly.

He had 4 jobs last year.  Two he just stopped going, one they asked him to get along with people or leave - he left.  the last one he lasted the longest, he two two weeks off because he wasn't feeling(playing games 12 plus hours a day).  Then he kept getting in arguments with people, they finally laid him off that was 2 months ago.  Just before they laid him off we bought a house.  Its in my name because of his credit.  I had to get more hours at work and work another shift (for shift premiums), just to save for the closing costs.

Now he has run out of cigarettes and is looking to me to give him money.  If he spent half as much time and effort finding a job as he did gaming, we might be ok. 

I not only work 50 hours a week, I also clean and cook and buy everything for the house, including groceries.  I wish I knew how to leave.  I wish I could stand up to him, but I keep giving in. 

Well, sorry for spilling but no one else knows how I feel.  It would be nice to have someone who doesn't judge me for staying with him, because they know how it feels

My husband spends all his time on the computer either playing games with his friends or if they aren't on he just sits there to read. He doesn't have a job but that wasn't by choice he is starting a new one soon. My issue is he completely ignore me the whole day. I too sometimes play online but i still have responsibilities. His initial response to everything is why don't you do it or yeah ill do it later and he never does. His only job at the moment is picking up horse poop. We live in his parents guest house they have been very understanding. They own the horses so the way we pay them back. His dad wants him to pick up the horse poop everyday because he know all he does is be on the computer because its something he doesn't like to do he just doesn't do it until the day the trash comes to pick it up. recently he hasn't even been doing it every week. Therese only two horses. His dad gives him chores to do or stuff to fix and when his dad calls pissed asking why hasn't he done it his response is yeah ill do it. So in fear of conflict i end up doing it( with his parents). Plenty of times when I've had to pick up the poop. He doesn't help around the house once i asked him to wash the dishes. I lasted about two weeks he never did it. He started to help once he realized how upset i got. He wasn't like this. He wont spend time with me, he doesn't like to go out at all. He has this thing when ever i talk to him he just ignores me. He says he doesn't do it on purpose but you don get to pick and choose what noises your ears can hear. If I'm talking your ears can hear me maybe no understand what im saying but he can atleast acknowledged me. So instead of having to repeat myself 3-4 every time all the time everyday I just don't tell him anything most of the time. So i share my day and when he says sorry baby i didn't hear you i just walk away. I've had so many conversation with him about it nothing ever changes. That's the way he is with everyone. If he doesn't want to do it he just doesn't do it. I'm also not working at the moment so we are dead broke. Its not like i can just leave and get a place of my own. I feel stuck and he doesn't get it.