I did the Diet for 3 months and I have lost 43 pds. I kept the weight off for 6 months while eating regular foods. However, I did change my eating habits for exemple, I now eat 100% whole weat bread, brown rice, whole weat pasta... I did gain 5 pds back while I was on vacation (1 week at disney and 1 week on a cruise). I have no one to blame but myself and was well aware that I wold gain weight. I made the choice of having those hot dogs and fries and pizza... everyday!!!

I have to admit that I don't understand people who follow that diet, cheat while they are on it, and when they are done say that then gained all the weight back. I mean come one! You are monitored 3 times a week, weight in everytime and yet you still cheat!!! You have someone holding you by the hand and watching you and you cheat! No wonder once you are off you gain the weight back... You have no one to watch you anymore... If you can cheat while you are on the program, to me, your chances of succes on the long run are slim to none... I never cheated once when I was on the program... And even after I was done, If I would have something not so good for lunch, I would balance it out at dinner and vice versa... You have to be dedicated and realize that this is a great way to motivate you... but you have to still work at it... I will be going back for 1 week just to get back to the original weight I was (130). I have started going to the gym 4 times a week and will keep doing it... I feel great at 130 and if I loose more at the gym then it's a bonnus.

My advise to everyone is yes this works and it's like any other diet... if you get back to your old ways you will get the weight back on!!! I mean you did get overwight for a reason!!! Don't get into the same habits! Me it was having too much restaurant, not excersing and not realizing that I had gained weight cause it was over a long period of time. Plus the famous excuse, I like to eat, life is too short to restrict myself and I don't believe in scales... BS!!! I do weight myself eveyday now and it's a great help to keep my weight under control... If I gain a pound over a week then I do something about it RIGHT AWAY!!!!

Satisfied Dr. B diet customer!

Started at 173 finished at 130!

I have been on Dr. B's diet for 2 weeks and lost 18 lbs. The diet works!!
YES, it''s very expensive but worth it. Let's face it , MOST of us have food addictions & can't control our emotions , so we eat. If you need that extra push and control then give it a try, I promise after the first week food will no longer be your priority, the feeling of being energetic over- powers everything. I weighed 243 but after 2 weeks I am 225. I don't care if I have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for this, Summer is coming and all I think about is being able to play with my kids, that is priceless , so why put a price tag on happiness.

Good Luck to All
Remember stick to it , WHEN YOU CHEAT YOU ONLY CHEAT YOURSELF!! JUST DO IT!!

I am so glad I found this forum! I am SERIOUSLY considering this plan. Can someone give me a cost break down and what the cost includes.
I agree with the idea of get the weight off and then deal with maintainance when you get there, but realize that it will be maintanance....not a free for all.
Do they recomend alot of excercise? How much weight do they expect you to lose per week? How often do they weigh you? Do you have to give up coffee?
DO you have to buy there food?
I think the thing that would make this plan perfect is if there was a counsellor onsight when dealing with the emotional side of having an eating problem.

thanks for any help you can give me
Tracy

If you go to the Dr. B website, drbdiet.com, you can order all the things you'd buy in their offices -- protein replacements, books, supplements -- with a credit card.

YOU KNOW, NO ONE ANSWERED THIS QUESTION. THERE SEEMS TO BE MAN Y PEOPLE WHO EITHER WORK OR HAVE WORKED AT THE CLINIC, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW (OR ARE WILLING TO DISCLOSE) THE FORMULA FOR THE B6/B12 COMBINATION. 1000mcg/ml is the standard concoction for B12 and my doctor only recommends 1 ml per month. Does that mean that the majority of the injection is B6? Or is the dosage considerably higher and that's the REAL reason why it needs to be medically supervised. I would be interested in comments from both the current and the former employees and anyone who has been in the program should they wish to chime in.

well an update, its been just over a month and ive lost just over 40 lbs. this program is the greatest ever and i recomend it to everyone who is considering it. it works, always. all u have to do is not cheat, its not that hard.

I just started Dr. B's diet last week and am down 11 pounds. What at great motivator. Heading for 50 with a bank! Will let you know when I reach my goals. Thanks Dr. B.

Hello all

I am from Ottawa and I currently go to the Dr B Clinic at Bank and Laurier. I have been on the program for 3 weeks. During that time I had one week where I didnt loose anything and gained 2 pounds back because of a pre-existing medical issue I had. But after 3 weeks I have lost 17 pounds and had very good service from the nurses. I have had no complaints and they all are very supportive and good to me. I would recommend this clinic to anyone. If you have insurance or the money to spend for this diet that helps you get back to a healthy weight, go for it you won't be disappointed. After years of trying every diet out there this one takes the prize.

I too did use the Dr. B Diet - Am I the only one who lost my hair? I also lost 70 lbs. At a cost of $3000.00. I have heard that if you stop loosing they will ask you to leave That is true, unfotunate but true. The diet is monitered starvation. I would not reccommend it to anyone.

The post you're referring to spoke of the insensitivity of the Dr. B staff towards her. Calling someone an "overweight slob" for gaining 10 pounds during a vacation in your rebutal doesn't really help your case.

Who gains 10 pounds during a vacation? most americans over 3 christmas meals. Also, people who have been on extremely restrictive diets (cbc.ca has a news item that says most dieticians found that people on the dr.b diet ate only 500calories a day) and then indulge even a little tiny bit, can gain several pounds in less than a week.

A bit surprising that the dr.b site claims that "sometimes even the best patients have let good habits and healthy bodies take a back seat to careers, stressful lifestyles, and convenient fast foods. As a result they sometimes find themselves having gained an extra 5 to 15 pounds - but they should never feel too embarrassed to call the clinic. A few extra pounds is never a reason to panic. We're here to help. "

I've heard other stories about people who have been kicked out the program on similar circumstances, yet the dr.b site claims theyre there to help.

I'd just like to say, the diet works. I'm an overweight teen and when I hit over 200 pounds I decided to do something about it. I weighed in at 213, I'm down to 203 in the first week. TEN POUNDS IN THE FIRST WEEK. I'll be honest, it's hard. This week has tested me. I've had numerous cravings. I want my sugar, damn it! But still, it feels great, eating healthy. The diet is not starving me. I get plenty of food each day. My mother and my sister are both on it, and both are having amazing results. Just, DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL! My mom cheated by drinking alcohol and because she wasn't eating as much as she used to, she got sick. She's better now, after a bit. It's been easy, save when I forgot my potassium pills and couldn't participate in soccer because of light-headedness. Just stick to it. I recommend this diet. Really, it works. And the nurses and doctors at the clinics are NICE PEOPLE and want you to do well, and care about how you're feeling. They aren't mean, condescending people. They care. Also, if you're under 15 (like me) it costs half as much as an adult program. Thankfully I should be done the diet before I turn 15 :-)

DR. BERNSTEIN'S WORKS!

does someone know how much b6 b12 do you get at the dr bernstein clinic

this a response to KELLEIL ,s question about the b6 and b12 amount given by the clinic. I woul be very in terster to know because it seems very weird that nobody want to give out the real amount .have courage ladys you are not on the pay roll any more

hello,
I just wanted to share my Dr B experience. I was on this program 2 years old and lost 57 pounds. I was 28 pounds from my goal and have no clue why on earth I stopped the diet. I was doing remarkably well, but all of a sudden I was just having trouble sticking with it. I felt very healthy on the diet and my confidence level was great. I have heard all the good and bad stories about Dr B, and I believe that everyone is probably telling the truth about their experiences. A friend of mine lost a lot of weight and gained a little back, and she told me she was kicked off the program.
For me, I never had any negative experiences, the staff was really good to me, they would sometimes question me if I didnt lose that day, but were never mean about it. I went back last year for a couple of weeks, and was so nervous because I had gained back the weight. They welcomed me back and were as supportive as always. But unfortunately I had to quit because I could not handle the financial part of it as it is very expensive.
Did I gain the weight back? Yes, absolutely? Do I blame the diet? No. The program works very well, but hey, we're all adults, it's not rocket science if you lose this quickly and stop the diet and go back to your old eating habits, you will gain back as quickly as you lost. No matter what, we can blame who and what we want, but our weight is our responsibility and no one else's.

Hallelujah to the previous poster who noted that it is not rocket-science- at the end of the day, YOU are responsible for your weight loss. Dr. Bernstein, WW, Oprah, Jesus, they are catalysts. Having been on Dr. B before, (and about to start again on Monday) I can say its as good as it can be, given all the considerations. Is it a long-term diet solution? I dont know-likely not. I believe its great to get people back on track to eating right. (I support the claim that the food portions are meager and likely not best to sustain healthy eating over time)- BUT- I work out and have healthy habits (no smoking, hardly drink, not a big junk foodie, just eat too much when Im stressed) so I view it as the serious kick in the ass I need to get back on track. I am constantly amazed at how many people respond with negative and inflammatory feedback. Think people have health issues related to these diets? check out the statistics on obesity/mortality. That'll scare most straight. I say, do something- if not Dr. B, then something to help- and do it today.