Young men with varicoceles looking for answers in this thread, please go to a urologist and get your varicocele examined and treated.  This is a condition that has been proven to impact fertility in men and has the possibility of depriving you of one of the greatest joys in life - having a child.

After not being able to conceive with my wife for over a year, we began visiting fertility specialists to find an answer.  Turned out I had varicocele's on both testicles which lowered both my sperm count and caused morphology problems.  I believe I developed the condition when I was in the 12-14 age range but did not get it investigated. 

It has been a year and a half since I had the procedure done and, while sperm counts improved to the lower side of average, my testicles have been permanently damaged, resulting in large numbers of irregular sperm (ie. poor morphology).

After 3 years and 2 rounds of IVF treatments, my wife and I are finally looking forward to welcoming our first child, but at a huge expense and years spent in emotional upset. 

To all of you young men out there - take care of this condition as early as possible.  You may find it's the worst mistake you'll ever make if you choose to ignore it.

after visiting the doctor you will realise is just a part of the body and nothing private.Do not hesitate

I'm 16 years old now, but i noticed some dull pains in my left testicle when i was around 14 years old. I manned up and went to the doctor but he said everything felt okay. Maybe it's my health anxiety but i still believe i have this varicocele and i don't know what to do. It doesn't really feel like a bag of worms, it's more like my testicular veins are swollen.

I'm 17 and noticed on my left testicle which appears to be a varicocele (left testicle being slightly smaller than the right) which i noticed probably about 6 months ago...

I am now starting to worry whether or not I should get it operated on or not???

I produce alot of sperm so I dont think i'll have trouble with any infertility problems at this point in time

Also i've noticed that other people have posted saying that it can possibly leave permanent damage to the testicles :L

Hello, I have varicocele in my left testicle. I'm not worried about the sperm count and I don't think in the possibility of having children in the future.

My problem with this thing is when I touch it. If I get the surgery, the sensation of a "bag full of worms" will be reduced or it will feel the same?

Thanks

I know I'm going to be hated for saying this, but here it goes.
From age 16, I never felt good enough, I was a perfectly healthy child, but as far as genetics went, no matter what I did, how hard I pushed myself in the gym, I was never able to really build muscle. I thought there was something wrong with me, and i went and got it checked out, but my test levels were normal. Steroids were passed around in my school, like smarties, to be better in rugby, waterpolo, etc, whatever it was you were playing. I've used oral steroids on and off, maybe three times a year with 3month breaks, with no problems or side effects. But about 2months ago, I used a course of test propeniate to get ready for rugby season. Now I see the side effects, from oral to injection, I can see a lump above my left testicle which does feel a bit like a bag of worms. I have panicked and ordered HCG, which is supposedly helping to kickstart my nuts again. I feel no pain or discomfort, and I get boners all day everyday, just like a normal 18 year old, and I still shoot as much as I should. But, I am worried. And I know I'm an id**t, so please do not hate on this post, as you were not in the same situation as I was, never feeling good enough, peer pressure etc.. I'm going to go and get it checked out my urologist, to see if I need further help. But I'm really scared, and I don't pray, but I am for this- I'm joining the army, so fitness is a must for me, but I hope I am not infertile, as it has been a dream of mine to father a child with a woman I love, I hope my selfish actions have not ruined that chance. I feel none of the symptoms, my sex drive is very high, but I can see it. Should I be worried? I am honestly scared.

I am 14 I'm very sure I have Varicocele, but I'm too embarrassed to get it checked out. I'm still going through puberty and my balls haven't grown yet. What should I do?

Hi all,

I had this problem of Dilated veins in my Testicles from 16 years of age. This had troubled me and was one of the cause of my low self esteem as i didn't know what i had and there was nothing for me to read about and console me. I was a shy kid and that is why i never had the guts to talk about it .

I ma now 27 and i went to see urologist yesterday. He said i had varicocele and this was the first time i have heard of it.I am now scared that it is now a little late and there have been some damage as i am now face low libido. Problem getting it up.. for second time. I have given my blood for Testosterone test and would thereafter follow the advice of my urologist.

I would just say this to all, just get yourself checked if you have found something wrong in your body.

I am little sad that it came to this  as i was examined by Doctors before and none of them had said i had  any problem and i need to be cautious.

Anyhow, i belive whatever happen, happens for good. Now, the modern science has made good progress and chances of mitigating the problems is high.

There are various corrective steps now so, i would like to  think i will be able to live a normal life.
My libido had decreased and thats because of the varicocele, so if i get operated and start a good regiment of medicine, then i might be able to have a good life.

Though i am scared right now, but it is good to know that there are people like me in this world, i thought i was the only one with this dilated veins.

There are more side efects of a varicocele than not being able to have babies. The testies not only produce sperm but they also produce testostorone. If you lack testosterone there are many side effects. For me this is worse than the inability to reproduce. Wanting to be with a girl but not having a drive to approch her due to lack of homemone is far worse. Being alone because my testies are dying is horrible. Get it fixed, have babies and a life with someone else.

I had my test result back. My T-levels are normal and i have grade onre vericocele. The doc advised me to try for surgery after one year if your partner cannot conceive after marriage. I donot have pain in my left testis, so he said it is a problem but one shouldn't lose sleep over it.

h prescribed me royal jelly 1000mg capsule for 15 days.

He also gave me gentoplex for sexual drive.

As i was worried as why my desire is there but my body doesn't respond.

It is because of the vericocele.

I can totally relate with you-- take action.... When you have desire to do something but donot have the body drive to approach the girl.

This sucks...and yes.. we are those unfortunate ones to have this condition.

I would suggest goand speak to your Urologist and take medicine.

There are people around the world who have thyriod problem, Blood pressure and Sugar.. and they take medicine to live a normal life.

In our case we will have to take sex pills to have a normal life.

Yes..... this is big kick in the nuts.. for our MANHOOD. Just .. look at the irony of this statement. Our nuts are not normal.

I first noticed my varicocele when I was 12-13. I was scared so I asked my father about it. He told me its was nothing to worry about because I am in the age were my body is changing. I then just waited for puberty to hit me. All of middle school and all of high school I have been late developer. I was afraid to have intercourse with a woman because I didn’t have the "balls" to handle it. I am still not fully-grown and I am 19 years old. I diagnosed myself of a varicocole through the Internet because I knew I had a bag of worms. Just about 6 months ago I finally got the guts to get this problem looked at by a doctor. My testosterone is pretty low and that is most likely why my body is taking so long to finish going through puberty. I am afraid to get surgery so I am trying to heal it naturally. I started a body cleanse for 20 days. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Its pretty hard cause I am pretty much all vegan, learning to meditate, and taking these supplements. I haven’t seen really any results and it’s almost the 14th day. Now I am starting to think that this is a problem that needs to be fixed with surgery. I guess I just want the reassurance that if I do go through surgery my body may actually increase testosterone and my gentiles will grow larger. I have had sex before with two different girls. I just feel that I need to be manlier and have more confidence in my sex life. 

hey,

I relized I had a varicocele when i was about 13 and about 3 months later went to the doctor, he had told me it could have a 50% chance of me being infetile. i was scared. any way about 2 months ago aged 15 i got kicked in the balls playing sport and my testicle that has the vein started to swell making me even more nervous about being infertile. I went to hospital and got tests done and the swelling eventually went down. while at hospital the doctors noticed my vein and had it checked out again. and ran a sperm test and said that my sperm count is as normal it should be for my age and will not decrease with time because of the vein. i was so relieved. 

I took my 17yr old son for his yearly checkup last night and was told he has Varicocele of the left testicle.  The Dr. told us it wasnt anything to worry about but naturally I am concerned.  He advised that we could take him for a sperm count at 18 but Im wondering if I should follow up with the urologist now or wait until he is 18, see if it has gotten worse and proceed with the sperm count.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dawn

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I have had the condition known as varicocele in the left testicle ever since I was 10 or 11 . It was caused by a viscous kick to my testicles by a stupid brutal friend of mine just as I was coming into puberty and it arrested my development into a man. I am now 28 years old and just researched the condition the other day. I didn't know there was treatment for this condition and am getting even more down on myself for not researching it, telling anyone about it, or seeking treatment. I am definitely behind the power curve in all aspects of life b/c of this. Growing into a teenager , then manhood , I remained a skinny person with the body of an 10 year old boy and a screwed up crow like face. I couldn't help but feel less than the other males around me for all of my life. Also, I have felt , all of my life, that woman have viewed me as the epitome of an undesirable male . This, Ofcourse, has caused severe psychological distortions and neurosis such as anger, self hatred, hatred toward everyone around me mixed in with jealousy and envy, sadness, depression, suicidal tendencies, etc. Sometimes , while looking at my pathetic reflection in front of the mirror, I will slam my head into the door as hard as I can and give myself a black eye and almost knock myself out......... As Humans, we are sexual beings and a big part of what motivates us in our daily lives is sexual. A big factor involved in calculating my self worth has been how much more can I impress women than the other men around me in my daily life. For me , on a scale of 1 to 10, that factor falls on a negative 5 as women cower away from me at every turn and look at me like they want to throw up. It is great to see other people with this condition that might understand even if just on a blog . I wish I could go to a varicoceles anonymous meeting in real life .

When I was so small means a child between the age of 5-6 years,there was no testicle in my left side!!Then we want to the Doctor and he told us that it may be in the upper part of its normal place(means in stomach).Then he gave me some medicines and after a year later the testicle came out which was then visible and bit upside compared to the right one.After that event means when I was near about 13 the part which above called as 'VARICOCELE' -began to come out and afterwards it was going to be larger in size.When I became 18,it started me paining and had pains during the normal shake and shocks to the part.Then again we went to the urologist and he commented out the part as 'VARICOCOCELE' and told us to check the part using sonography. He told that i have no problem and and also told that it is the common thing in many males.After the checkup he advised some medicines.I took them and that time the problem of having pains stopped!! Now Im 20 having less pain on the part on very rare occassions! But I think thath the part may be harmful for the sperm generation. I m dealing with the problem of nightfalls for maximum 2 times a week and I think it is because of the VARICOCELE!!Many of the times i have tried to control myself!!But it happens!! Is it possible to have your semen loss or max night falls cause of VARICOCELE????Plz reply me!!