I'm 13 and I think I may have this, I just now noticed it and I have that same situation you seem to be dealing with, and I am also deeply concerned because it may cause low sperm count and poor sperm quality

I don't know what to do

Im 29 and have had varicocele in my left since i was 17 other than ocassional pain i just had a daughter so it didnt make me infertile atleast not yet do want to get it fixed.

I know this is an old thread, so I hope you're still linked to it. I am 38 years old and have had this problem since I was twelve or thirteen, I have fathered six wonderful children. I do suffer some pain, especially in hot weather but other than that it's never been an issue. Take care of you're scotum, I know it sounds dodgy but massage you're scotum before bed and in the morning giving lots of attention to the affected areas, this helps with blood drainage and I believe keeps sweeping to a minimum.

Swelling not sweeping sorry.

Hi... I am 26 and.. I am here for some suggestion from the people who had varicocele and left it untreated for few or many YEARS. My case is a mishap i guess from all other sharing there experiences over here.

I had Testicular torsion in my Right testicle one year ago and got my Right testicle dead due to false diagnoses of the problem by a doctor and i still repent that day of my life. Testicular torsion is a HIGH MEDICAL EMERGENCY which needed to be diagnosed and treated surgically within max 6 Hours. Otherwise, there are very less chances of testis survival.

Another Doctor later operated me and removed the dead testicle and "Fixed" the left testicle by surgery. Fixation of testicle mean, actually its a preventive measure to avoid testicular torsion and the doctor do some supporting stiches to the testis with the muscles covering it.

After few months of surgery i got varicocele in my Left Testis and its about 1 year being passed now that i have left it untreated because.. i informed and consulted with my surgeon who operated me before and with some other doctors for third opinion and 2/3 said to left it untreated until you don't get married and intercourse. If you fail to have baby and find problems with fertility than we can do the surgery for knotting the varicose vein in the scrotum. I got a semen analysis few months back.. may be 3 or 4 months and it showed sperm count more than required but there were LESS progressive sperms. I have grade 2 varicocele by now. I am wondering again now that shall i go with the procedure of its treatment or not. Also, what are the chances of any complications... post-surgery which make me worry more at the moment. Any Suggestions please might help me decide.

Hi, I am 24 and I think I have varicocele damage in my left testicle, I think I have had it since I was 15. My left testicle has always hung lower than the right by maybe 1 or 2 cm and it looks like a bag of worms above the testicle. I notice when I try to retract my testicles by flexing my stomach, the right side moves up while the left side with varicoceles only moves slightly and it kind of feels like the muscle that pulls the testicles closer into my scrotom is not attached to the bottom of the testicle leaving it hanging in a way that puts tension on the spermatic cord. I feel a dull pain when I am warmer than usual and my testicles are hanging low. Also I get twinges in my left testicle and I am worried that maybe my body is trying to heal itself but I still need to have surgery performed on me first. Sometimes I have dreams where someone is squeezing my left testicle and it must be because I get twinges and pain in my sleep and when I am lying down.
I have been reading all of these messages and I just want to see my options and what some of you guys have went through post operation or if you chose not to operate. I really do not want a potential infertility to ruin my life as I want to have children. Any responses are welcome.

Hi there,

I know the thread is old but i want to know the varicocele corrective part of your. What procedure you were gone through for repair of varicocele (Laproscopic or Surgery) and was there any post surgery complications you faced.

Your reply will help me make a better decision for treatment of my varicocele on left testis about a year ago in 2014. Also, i got testicular torsion in my right testis and now i am mono testicle, therefore have one testis (Left one) along with Grade II varicocele.

My Doctor suggested me to delay the procedure and now its a year being passed and i am thinking about to get it treated now or not but i am afraid of any post surgery complication.

Hi there,

I read your post and i will suggest for the sake of your peace of mind. Go to a good urologist and discuss your case with him. Also, i am sorry to say but i don't feel that from your post that you have been gone through a diagnosis procedure for confirmation if you have a varicocele or not. Urologist might check your testis physically for any lumps or dialated veins and may suggest you a scrotum ultrasound for confirmation.

If your urologist doesn't prescribe you a ultrasound than you may ask him yourself if ultrasound can help confirming the problem. Pain in the scrotum is not a good indicator so its important to clear the things so you may take appropriate actions. I myself have varicocele in my left testis.

I just had surgery today.

Had coils inserted. 13 of them.

I had issue in left for some time now. Pain and swelling was major issue. Sexual activity, sitting, walking etc made it worse. Some days. .. fine. No issue. Others. ..I was in tears.

I am hoping this helps.

2.5 hours of surgery. I am 38 and happy I finally took action.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am 14 and was diagnosed with a varicocele last year, it's not that bad yet sometimes I get dull aches around that region of my body and I premote everyone to tell their parents about their situation for when I finally visited a doctor I was once more able to sleep again knowing I don't have testicular cancer but should I look into treatment at this age?

Talk to your doctor, and to your parents, and go through good and bad, both. Then get a 2nd doctor's opinion, talk again, and then decide. DO NOT be embarrassed to talk to a doctor, BELIEVE me they have seen it ALL.

Similarly, I had it since young, and still had 5 pregnancies! Generally, in the first month of trying. It's not the end of the world, whatsoever, just a minor inconvenience. Get it treated if you are young, and think about it if you are old.

Hey there, I am 17 years old and noticed when I was around 14 or 15 that my veins in my left testicle were dialated. about. 4-5 months ago I went to 2 different clinics because I believe I have a varicocele in my left testicle. My lefty is around 1.5X - 2X larger than my righty. I often experience a feeling of trickling of some sort in my testicular veins, like the blood is flowing or something. is this feeling common in varicoceles. Also, Would it be possible for my testicle to gain in size and then shrink again because that is happening. I believe that it may be the valve pressure making my testicle gain in size and then shrink once the pressure is releived (releives when I am sitting). Does this occur in varicoceles, is there anyone out there who can fill me in on why my left testicle is doing this, because it really freaks me out when the lefty becomes much larger than my righty and then shrinks back down to a more normal and less uncomfortable size.

I Got that too im 15 yrs old now yes only God can heal that thats what my mom told me pray to God :)