I am a 39 year old male who has been suffering for many years from an unexplained chronic medical condition that is suggestive of organic functional problems like hypothyroidism or hypoadrenia, or maybe environmental exposure or pathogenic in nature. Wondering if I have been exposed to something over the course of my life. As a baby I had many allergies especially anaphalactic to eggs and milk. I was rushed to the ER room even back as a baby for acute and severe allergy reactions. My father was allergic to many foods too and had many hall mark signs. Both my mom and my sister are hypothyroid as well as on my father side his brother and sister. My father recently passed away from heart disease at age 65 and had a history of heart disease in the family as well as allergies. With me, something is disrupting my system or underfunctioning or malfunctioning. Symptoms ranging from cold/hot flashes, low body temperature, cold intolerance, freezing cold chills, ice cold feet, lethargy, fatigue, muscle weakness, poor stamina and strength from minimal exertion, severe cold chills, shocking out from any type of emotional or physical stress and especially from food almot any food now, stomach is often sore aching and irritated and upset soon after eating not sure if these are allergies, intolerances or just what is upsetting my digestive function, soon after eating my stomach feels upset, bloating, belching, gas, acid reflux, sour stomach, dyspepsia, and right smack dab in the middle of my stomach there is tenderness and pain and also just above my navel, behind my navel and below my navel, the lower intestine. Stress weakens me, food weakens, me. I bottom out from almost everything. After I eat something that doesn't agree for whatever reason, I shock out with chills from the pain. My bowels stop up easily and don't move enough. I have been quite inactive and deconditioned for many years since around 1992 when many problems onsetted after a traumatic event. The pain in my stomach after eating is sometimes you can feel it in the back in the kidney area in the back. I get so bad I am in the ER room often. I get anxiety attacks terribly too as my nerves are always overstimulated. I have little reserves. I wondered if my adrenals are low. Anways, last night I was taken to the hospital for more typical GI pain and cramping in the mid stomach area, behind the navel and below the navel they XRayed my colon and said I had alot of stool and was really backed up and sent me home with laxitives and that's about it. For some reason I keep getting backed up like my bowels are sluggish and I'm not emptying enough. I tend to feel better once my bowels are clear. But something is stopping them up, either stress or food reactions or yeast or something other infection that hasn't been clearly identified. I'm not pooping enough which makes it worse. I have been on 15 mg of Remeron to help me sleep at night for about year but have had the sluggish bowel even before going on that. After being in the ER room last night the doctor did X rays and just sent me home with a laxitive. After i had the laxiative you could see undigested food in the toilet. So i knew right then my digestive functions are not properly working to break down the food so its just sitting in my gut rotting. In 2000, I was diagnosed with severe dysbiosis of sm and lg intestine (leaky gut syndrome), also vega testing showed mercury toxicity, mineral and enzyme deficiencies, low IGF-1 levels, blood tests show slight lymphocytopenia, elevated triglycerides, low HDL, poor protein digestion, reduced liver metabolism in methylation, acetylation with two polymorphisms on CYP2C9 and CYP1B1 according to genomic testing from Genova Diagnostics, and testosterone showed low in 1999 on two or three occasions it was tested. I also had my neurotransmitters tested through Neurosciences and dopamine, serotonin, epiniphrine, and norepiniphrine are all very low. So my brain/hormones are depleted which obviously control much in the body. No question I'm stressed and anxious about my situation which probably makes this worse. My sleep has never been good since around 1992 around the time I had experienced some bad trauma. It's quite unrestorative for as long as my health has been poor worse when i'm backed up, my nervous system is terrible and always makes my gut problems worse and vice versa. I'm sure my colon constricts when I'm overstressed and tensed. I try to do much prayer and deep breathing and positive affirmations but still have problems with digesting my food for some reason and this gut pain. I also have been suffering over the years from around the time I had much fatigue and digestive problems with also hair loss, poor growth of hair, slowing growing lack lustre hair like its depleted and not getting nutrients and also seeing dermatologists for itchy scaly conditioin of the scalp they call seborrhea dermatitis. Obviously i'm depleted for some reason. I also notice terrible strong body odor hard to get rid of that comes and goes like there is something toxic in my system which i think is better when my colon is clear. Also have had a history of diagnosed prostatitis (infection)even when I was a pre teen, testicular torsion around that same time. In school I had learning problems and difficult absorbing and retaining information with very poor concentration. I have been always nervous alot for most of my life. My nervous system is very overactive and overstimulated with much anxiety and nervousness and other cognitive deficits with various complaints such as depressed mood, panic attacks, irritabiility, agitation, rage outbursts, poor concentration, obsessiveness, paranoia, brain fog, difficulty thinking or finding words, reduced libido, and so on. My endocrinologists said my testosterone was low back in 1999 that was soon after I had been on Zoloft from 1994-1998 to help with the anxiety and depressed mood that onsetted in 1992 after an emotional traumatic event which seemed to have onsetted most of my problems even though some problems I had when I was a child and pre teen like I mentioned with my reproductive system. I 2006 this past year, I had a neurocognitive screening with the Benton tests and the neuropsychologist stated my cognitive deficits were due to toxic/neurotoxic exposure. But what from is the question. Toxic fromw what? Gastrointestinal specialists in 1999 just stated I had"erosive antral gastritis" by gastroscopy, and the gastric upsets seems to be tamed down with alka seltzer gold. But its just a bandaid. Digestive problems seem to be at the forefront unless there is some other underlying condition like hypothyroidism which is in many members of my family who are on medication. It is suggested I may have lyme disease (post lyme infection) which is can cause multi organ failure and is a central nervous system disease or fungal (yeast) problems which may be primary or secondary and perhaps other co infections such as staph or strep and other parasites, mycotoxins maybe a factor. A mycotoxin analysis showed elevated antibody levels to stachybotrys, asperigillus hemolysin, and trichothocenes. DMPS heavy metal challenge showed elevated lead levels as hair mineral analysis has shown too. RBC trace element shows very low calcium and hair mineral analysis shows low calcium and strontium and also high lead. Mercury didn't show in these tests but did show up energetically through Applied Kinesiology as well as on dark field (live blood work). Something is out of balance in my system and overburdening it and upsetting it, especially to my gut. I wonder about infections or some organ is malfunctioning. As I mentioned, my stomach hurts after everything I eat practically. I don't know if this can be corrected with acupuncture or not and don't want to waste my money (little money I have) on a practitioner if they can't correct it. I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know who to see anymore as I have tried almost everything. I don't know who would be good to go to if it can help this problem, whatever the origin is. I am sure there could be an unresolved emotional component which shows up on biofeedback machines like QXCI. As I mentioned, many of my symptoms onsetted after a traumatic stress in 1992 and then another trauma in 1994 pretty much incapaciated my nervous system. I was having full blown panic attacks then, but been taking small dosage of medication called Remron 15 mg to help me sleep and melatonin at night. I'm trying to take probiotics, digestive enzymes, L-glutamine, aloe vera to help heal my gut, but don't see much of a difference. I wonder if I have H.Pylori that could be causing an ulcer but I had it tested and the antibody test came out normal. Or if its lyme disease which can manifest in many ways or other bio or neurotoxin mediated illnesses like mycotoxins. Or if its something else that is slowing down my system and making it sluggish like hypothyroidism. Low thyroid will slow down the gut motility and can cause poor elimination and poor digestion. My whole family on both sides take thyroid medication and are hypothyroids. Yet my TSH is always in the normal range whatever normal is and maybe it will look normal on paper if there is thyroid hormone-hormone receptor dysfunction from any neurotoxins from infections on the system that could block the hormone receptors and make it look normal. I'm not sure. Perhaps it can be acquired some other way. I wonder who can give me some directive.

It is so strange realizing so many other people experience the same MYSTERY problem! It hit me for the first time 6 weeks ago. I just finished dinner at Outback Steakhouse - nothing out of the ordinary - salad ranch dressing add hard boiled egg, potato soup, small sirloin and an ice cream sundae. Got home, had a 2 spells of violent diarhea, laid down, then here it comes...2/10, 3/10, 4/10...I'm thinking what's happening? By 6/10, I'm pulling off my clothes, trying to lay in every possible position on the bed to get relief, but it keeps building and I start to shake. Feels like there's a basketball being blown up in my stomach directly below my ribcage and it's taking my breath away. By 7/10, I'm thinking this isn't going away...am I going to pass out and die? Has something ruptured internally? I call my mom who lives in town and asked if she could come over and just "look at me!" You know, in case I'm dying. 3 minutes pass and it's starting to subside. Ohh? So, I call her back and say, nevermind, I'm fine. She tells me she's called 911 and the ambulance should almost be at my door. c**p, I throw on my pants and open the front door, the police arrive first, followed by fire, then ambulance. They take BP, it's elevated, but not bad. After 8 minutes of them questioning me and staring at me, here it comes again. They have me rate the pain. 7/10 I tell them, but I realize I can't possibly endure this discomfort for much longer. We head to the hospital by personal vehicle and when we get within a mile, now I'm panting 9/10...c'mon! As soon as I walk through the doors of the ER, it lets up 2/10. They have me swallow a cup c**p that tastes like chalky wallpaper paste that numbs my throat. They hook up wires to my chest, take BP, draw blood, x-ray my stomach/groin area...and find nothing wrong. Since then, it comes on after almost every meal, but only to the irratating point, I slam down 2 tablespoons of Maalox, then aspirin if necessary to keep it in check. I'm 6', 225 lbs. but my belly is starting to bloat to a silly proportion. I hardly ever have a decent bowel movement, usually only slivers. Seems like I'm eating and it's just sitting there in my gut not going anywhere! What's so weird is how most people describe this as coming in waves. Building to almost unbearable pain, then just melts away, sometimes returning after a couple more hours. I've been told I drink too much soda. Rarely ever drink milk. Eat out twice every day. Is it my fast food diet? Who knows?

I read your story and I know EXACTLLY what you were feeling. I had the same exact thing on Dec. 22. It started at 11:30 pm and at 7:00 am the next morning I had my husband bring me to the emergrncy room. My pain was exactally where you described it. They did an ultrasound and said it was my gall bladder. I went right into surgery. A week and a half later I am doing great and no more pain...THANK GOD! If you want my opinion, have the gall bladder out! You will be so glad you did.

Hey everyone. I went through all the pain and inability to eat that you are all describing. Weight loss, breakouts, horrible pain, hospitalization, and even minor surgeries. After 3 years of misery, I learned from a naturopath that I had parasites. Within weeks I was cured and can now eat anything. Good luck!

SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE CELIAC IT IS A WHEAT ALLERGY

I also have this problem from time to time especially after I eat something high in fat but my pain is in the upper part of my stomach and goes around to my back and is severe ...I thought I was gonna die the first time I had an attack.... and nothing works I tried everything the only thing that calms it down is pain pills like aleve or something of that nature.... my pain was so severe I couldnt lay down or get comfortable I tried it all ... and its not an ulser or gbladder I have no idea what it is but it hurts and I will fast as long as I can to avoid this pain... and when I have to eat I will eat cereal or a rice cake... I just dont want the pain!

I have the same problem but now this is the second stage in my life that it has happened both brought on by the same action...Dieting. About 3 years ago I was dieting over the summer and after having great success and losing a considerable amount of weight whenever I would eat anything significant I would get the horrible stomach pains that you are all describing. Being in college I was having problems even with drinking alcohol and was determined to fight through it so I kept eating and drinking and enduring the pain until one day I stopped having pains. The only problem is that the amount of eating that it took to get me back to normal also put me off my diet and I eventually gained all of the weight back. This summer I decided to start another diet and after losing a considerable amount of weight again the SAME EXACT thing is happening. I am determined not to let my diet fail now that I feel and look great (besides the whole stomach thing). I was just wondering if any of you had found that you symptoms started after significant weight loss?

I was reading about the pain. I know what you are living. I started having ]stomach pain about ten years ago. I was always told it was kidney stones, with no infection and sent away with pain pills. I have gone to the emergency room twice and got an IV with medication and liquid for dehydration. My blood pressure is so low that it sometimes reads seventy over fifty. My pain has been getting worse. I've had episodes where it feels like the skin is being ripped from my ribs. The doctors are clueless. ive had mri's, ultrasounds, brain scans, oh ya for the knife pain in my head. my sister just moved in my area, she had a liver transplant ten years ago. She said a lot of my symptoms are like hers before her transplant. She was itching pretty bad before her liver stopped working (she didn't even know she had a live disease. Her doctor tried to treat her for head lice because of her itching. Liver failure causes itching. I've had fatigue so bad that I've been taking medicine for sleep apnea to keep me awake. I can hardly function. I just got an appointment to see a gastrologist,(my sister set it up for me) and now I might have to cancel my appointment. I have no money. I'm unable to work. My husband is taking care of me but now we have to move because we can't pay our bills. Sometimes I think I should just stay laying on my couch until I'm almost dead, maybe then someone can figure out what is wrong with me. I feel so helpless. I used to work hard, now I'm back to square one, no finances, and if my husband croaks before me I will live under a bridge. I apologize for my sadness, but I am very depressed. Thank you for letting me talk to someone. Ps. I've also been to two urologist. [/url]

Hi everyone,
The pains everyone has has been talking about are similar to what I have been having and an ultrasound picked up I have gallstones in my gall bladder. I have read up on gallstones and have realised from what I have read up on it and what is described there, is exactly the kind of pains I have been having. I'm not sure if everyone here is different or same, but just wanted to say to get an ultrasound done again to find out.
I have been having extremely severe stomach pains since about 40 days after I had my baby. I had them irregularly,sometimes after two weeks and sometimes after three weeks and sometimes even evry other day. One day I had the pain non stop for 8 hours straight. I had been to ER before and they'd done tests and referred me for ultrasound and said they couldn't see anything apparently wrong with me. My pains were severe and very much like contractions under the ribs and along with the stomach pains, I got extreme back pains too. I found out later about the gallstones but didn't think fr a second pains could be due to that. Right now I just read up on gall stones and they said you get extreme muscular contraction pains under ribs along with back pains and the pains can last any amount of time and can attack any time. Also this usually happens after eating desserts or fatty foods.
The doctors had not called me back yet to discuss my gallstones report so I was extremely worried as thse pains seem to have taken over my life. I came here looking for answers for myself and just found it out myself and now just wanted to let u all know in case anyone else ight have the same thing.
Good luck to everyone!

I think it sounds like you have a wheat intolerance too....but more importanly, it sounds like cileac disease....and if it is...you have to be glutin free. Once you have started this glutin free diet, you will feel so much better. But get it diagnosed for sure. Cileac disease can be fatal if you are not careful. Also check for Osteoprosis if you do have cileac disease. If you have this disease, all those years you have been drinking and eating foods with calcium , you body hasn't been getting the nutrients and your bones may have suffered. Cileac disease is treatable and you can live a rather normal life...but you have to get it under control....my client's daughter was just diagnosed with this disease and she is 46 years old. Apparently, she had this from birth and it's hereditory....sometimes though, it takes years and years for it to show up or bother you enough to get it checked out....hope this helps. Good luck to you.

I read what you wrote about the pain in your ribs like the skin is being rippied off. I'm a 26 year old male and I have the same pain. It always happens when I eat tuna fish and recently shrimp. I'm clueless as to the actual thing but I believe since I don't drink a lot of water the sodium from the food is just ripping into the insides without being absorbed into the body.

Hello. Just thought I would tell you and others about my recent stomach pain and my discovery of what was causing it. The pain was usually right above my belly button and reminded me of LABOR PAINS, sometimes milder though. My 9-year-old son was having the pains too. We had just almost gotten well from a virus, but the stomach pain remained. My husband asked what were we both eating alike and since my son has a limited diet, I decided it must be something we both were drinking - GATORADE!!! Yes, it's true!! So, if any of you nice people are drinking TOO MUCH (don't know how much is too much, but probably DAILY drinking is TOO MUCH) stop NOW! My pain is gone and so is my son's. I was beginning to think terrorists had put something in the air or water to make us sick. Hope this post helps SOMEONE!! Karen

you may have gastroparesis. i had the same pain after eating only one bite for over a year. i lost 9lbs. in about a week. I finally saw a gastroenterologist who knew what he was doing and said I have gastroparesis. He gave me Zelnorm which changed my life. :-)

I was dealing with the same pain after certain meals. Had all the procedures mentioned above performed, with no result. Did some investigatin into lactose intolerance, and discovered it to be the cause. There are many degrees to lactose intolerance, and although I may be able to drink two glasses of milk and feel nothing, the right combination of cheeses will result in hours of pain. I found it useful to keep a journal of foods I ate with the corresponding level of pain they induced. From there I was able to find out which foods were OK, and which to stay away from.

oh my, ihave had the same tests done as well and cant seem to find out whats wrong with me. i am miserable and just want relief. let me know if you found out anything! i need all the help i can get!!

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **