Soon after the birth of my third child this past August, I began having severe stomach pain after eating breakfast. Then I started to get sick at other times. I too went through a battery of tests and was facing an endoscopy, my symptoms were worsening despite taking zantac, and it was getting difficult to function, but then one morning I took a bite of egg and threw up almost immediately. Since cutting all eggs out of my diet I've been fine. Is it possible that I just ate too many eggs while I was pregnant? I found that medicine did not work, if I ate anything containing eggs I had to wait it out.

Hi everyone, I just read through a bunch of the posts on this topic and i'm terrified!
This is what i've been diagnosed with in the past:
Duodnitis (When I was a 12 yr. old kid)
Esophagitis
Having Esophagael spasms
Gerd
Acid Reflux
IBS
Oh yes, and let's not forget the one thing that everyone seems to want to blame everything on: ANXIETY!

Tests I've had:
Endoscopy
Cat Scan
Ultrasound
Sonogram
Blood work for celiacs disease and h.pylori

The pain that i'm in now!
SEVERE after eating, starts as heartburn and then spreads into my back.
Noticed it's worse with eggs and cheese and i've never had a problem with either before.
Pain comes and goes and gets a lil better with the miracle drug pepto bismol and gas x
Can't stop burping (i'm obviously gassy)
I feel extreme tightness in my stomach area and feels like something is in there.
By the way, this pain is in my sternum area in upper abdomen.
Throbbing in my back and chest
Have nausea
Usually have to go to the bathroom right away, but stool is normal.
Had blood pressure of 88 over 60 ?? Have no clue what that means :?
Oh yeah and it all started a couple of weeks ago after I started taking zythromax (z-pak) which has never ever bothered me before

My eating habits:
I eat pretty healthy and am a diet controlled diabetic, never have caffeine, or sweets (only a sugar free reeses cup every now and then, vary rarely), sodas, white flour products (I only eat wheat or multi grain products). Don't drink, don't smoke.
Eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water or occasionally i'll drink goats milk because it's the only milk that doesn't bother my stomach.

Meds i'm on:
Allegra for allergies
Just finished z-pack
Just started having to take lots of pepto and gas x

Other medical conditions I have:
diet controlled type 2 diabetes
chronic sinusitus
allergies

Well, can't think of anything else. Does someone have any idea of what could be wrong with me?
I know i don't have celiac (been tested)
I know I don't have h. pylori (been blood tested)
Doc refused to do another endoscopy on me because he says i'm too skinny and he's afraid to put me under anesthesia.
I'm 30 years old, female, only weigh 88lbs (and NO i don't have an eating disorder by any means and i eat the way that i should) I've always been really small, however since I changed my diet to control my diabetes about 7 years ago i did loose about 10 lbs.
And that's all folks. Please help :)

Oh yeah and one more thing, i have been feeling like my lungs haven't been feeling normal lately, but i know that could be mistaken for my stomach symptoms as well.

Oh yeah, lol, and one more thing (boys close your ears! lol), i'm a week late on my period this month (i'm usually regular). But i'm not pregnant. Trust me, that was the first thing I checked!

Ok, now i'm done :)

**edited by moderator**

I had the same symptoms for years in my 20s and 30s. No one could figure it out. They too all thought it was from gallbladder, passing a small stone or something. I was also told it could be ulcers or irritable bowels. I was active, healthy, ate really well (veggies, rice, fish mainly). Finally this Dr. I knew told me he had read an article in the journal of medicine that talked about giardia (an intestinal bug from raw water source shared by deer). I lived in the country on a spring and hiked in the backwoods a lot. Anyway the Doc told me the article said that giardia can travel up into the gallbladder and lodge and all your symptoms will point to the gallbladder disease. Giardia doesn't always show up on stool samples and I had tested many (at least 5) time for parasites, all clean. The doc decided to just treat for giardia, and wah la I have had no symptoms like this since. The treatment for giardia is some sort of oral antibiotic or bug destroyer...not sure....its a pill and easy 10 day treatment. SO worth it. All those horrible sudden attacks of pain are gone!

Worth a try.

Ive had these extreme stomach pains lately in the mid stomach, just below the ribs like many of you have said. It occurs right after eating, and lasts several hours until is passes, and im back to normal. it appears that eggs are the consistent thing in my diet causing these attacks. Scrambled eggs about killed me! It seems that if i lay off the eggs, im fine. im 25 and have always eaten eggs with no problems, so this has come out of nowhere. Has anyone figure out a cure, cause i dont really want to give up eggs! The pain usually makes me feel like i need to use the bathroom, and it was bad enough to make me vomit after the scrambled eggs? suggestions?

Look up "Zinc Carnosine", it is all natural and is proven to fix stomach ulcers and Gall Bladder problems. The Brand I use is called "Zinlori 75" made by Metagencis. I was suffering much the same symptoms as most of these blogs and I went to a Holistic Doctor after no results with a regular Docotr and she said my Gall Bladder wasn't producing enough Mucus, this is what I am taking along with a homopathic Digestive aid called " Pleo Fort ".
Hope this helps.

Has anyone had a blood test to check for celiac disease? For people with this problem, gluten attacks the villi in the small intestine which then cannot process lactose or products containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, malt, etc.). The only solution is a strict gluten free diet.

Hi to all you ppl out there with gallbladder / food pains you suffing due to the FAT you eat, its nothing much else other than fat in your body, its over load of butter milk dairy ice cream fatty meat and any fats found in foods.

Hope to have helped you guys :-)

My husband has this problem 2-3 times a year depending on his diet. It usually occurs after he eats. Sometimes fatty foods, overeating, or eating to fast causes it. Its hard to say because he always eats fast and sometimes overeats. This doesn't occur frequently its really sporadic. He just had an episode last night and had to go to the ER. After we ate he felt really full then he started burping excessively. He normally can tell when he's going to get "it" (he has never been diagnosed) He quickly wants to move around and walk the uncomfortable feeling off. He can't keep still then he gets really sharp pains in his upper stomach. He starts to sweat a lot and looks really pale. Most of the time he will vomit. Last night he vomited 3-4 times before going to the ER. Every time he goes to the ER he gets tested and they notice he has a high white blood cell count. the only way the pain goes away is with a couple dosages of morphine. After suffering for 12 plus hours and couple doses of morphine later the pain will stop suddenly. After the ER he watches what he eats for a while then I guess the mind forgets about the pain so he never goes to the doctors to follow up and check what he has. He likes to say his father and brother both suffer from the same thing and no doctor has been able to diagnose them so "why bother". Does anyone have similar symptoms or knows someone who suffers from this. Again it doesn't happen frequently but it obviously is hereditary. Any help would be greatly appreciated......

My mom has the same problem......she is severely allergic to eggs, and now started having similar pain with mushrooms. Just have to avoid it.

I was having the same kinds of symptons as most of you have now. I felt like I was going to die a few times. The pain was incredible. Last year I had my appendix taken out and hadn't had an attack until a few days ago. I ate beef and it set it off again. I think it has something to do with your bodys own chemicals mixed with different foods. I'm keeping a journal of what I eat and the combinations of food together in hopes of figuring it out myself.

Mine started 1 night when I woke up and wanted a glass of milk. Soon after I become sick (cramping, diaherrea etc..). Figured I was lactose intolerant and stopped drinking milk. Several years later I ate grits, and it happened again. I stopped eating grits. Then it was fresh bread etc...I figured I had a problem with gluten, and I cut it out of my diet. Even after that it still happened (severe pain above my belly button after eating)about every 6 months. Recently it has been everyday for about a week. Mine lasts for 1-5 hours and is a 10/10. I get cold sweats, feel nauseated (thought I don't vomit. I think it's from the pain) I try lying on my stomach to put pressure on it because nothing else works. It also radiates to my lower back (around my kidneys) and it makes me feel like I need to stretch my lower back muscles? (weird right?) I have tried pepto etc..nothing helped. burping seems to help the pain somewhat, but not much, so I tried gas x and beano. nothing. Bananas seem to bring it on as well as tuna fish. Tonight I had a tiny sliver of pork and 1 small piece of potato and thought I was going to die! I am afraid to eat, and my family doesn't understand how immense the pain is. I have found that sipping/drinking warm peppermint tea helps the pain go away, and it may prevent it if you drink it before you eat. Peppermint helps the (digestive system) I have only seen this one 1 other post, but after the pain goes away, I have diherrea and it varies from pure liquid to loose. It is whenever I get this pain. Does this happen to anyone else?green

Mine started 1 night when I woke up and wanted a glass of milk. Soon after I become sick (cramping, diarrhea etc...). Figured I was lactose intolerant and stopped drinking milk. Several years later I ate grits, and it happened again. I stopped eating grits. Then it was fresh bread etc...I figured I had a problem with gluten, and I cut it out of my diet. Even after that it still happened (severe pain above my belly button after eating)about every 6 months. Recently it has been everyday for about a week. Mine lasts for 1-5 hours and is a 10/10. I get cold sweats, feel nauseated (thought I don't vomit. I think it's from the pain) I try lying on my stomach to put pressure on it because nothing else works. It also radiates to my lower back (around my kidneys) and it makes me feel like I need to stretch my lower back muscles? (Weird right?) I have tried pepto etc..nothing helped. Burping seems to help the pain somewhat, but not much, so I tried gas x and beano. Nothing. Bananas seem to bring it on as well as tuna fish. Tonight I had a tiny sliver of pork and 1 small piece of potato and thought I was going to die! I am afraid to eat, and my family doesn't understand how immense the pain is. I have found that sipping/drinking warm peppermint tea helps the pain go away, and it may prevent it if you drink it before you eat. Peppermint helps the (digestive system) I have only seen this one 1 other post, but after the pain goes away, I have diarrhea and it varies from pure liquid to loose. It is green whenever I get this pain. Does this happen to anyone else? Oh, and I get tired after an attack, and lately I have been really cold which is unlike me.

I had similar pain and was diagnosed with hiatal hernia just from the symptoms. I went to a gastroenterologist and had treatment and haven't had it since.

Good luck!

Okay, so I really wish I had read this earlier, I just ate a large bag of baby carrots about an hour ago. All of a sudden I have these massive cramps, and I thought that something was wrong! Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and experiences in here, otherwise I would be so worried!

Okay, so I wish I would have read this post earlier. About 20 mins ago I ate a large bag of baby carrots, and thought there was something wrong with me because I was having cramps. I was worried but thanks to someone in here I know it will pass. Thanks guys!
Angie