I feel EXACTLY as she spoke about the pain and how it feels and when it comes. But I have had my gallbladder out and have had an endoscopy and the endoscopy showed nothing

I had the same problems for many years! It was extremly painful. After months of test they discovered my Gall bladder was not functioning. A week later I was in for surgery. Needless to say I don't have the pain anymore, but I can not eat high fat food or I will be in the bathroom within minutes! So I must watch everything, but I am free of the horrible pain. My advice is ask your doctor about your gall bladder, even if he may disagree. It took months to diagnose mine since I was only 19. They say it usually only happens if you are over weight, over 50, or pregnant. I was none of those so the automatically avoided that. So make sure you push to get that checked out! Best wishes!

i'm starting to think it's my gallbladder too... lately i've been taking prescription pain killers because it's been hurting so bad

it's happening a lot more frequently than it has in the past, today is the 4th time in the past 2 weeks... guess it's time to start visiting the doctors until they find out what the problem really is

for those of you who had their gallbladder removed, how long did it take for you to feel normal?

-_[removed]_ (still looking for answers)

Oh my gosh, you need to see a doctor ASAP, you might have pancreatitis. If the pain radiates to your back its a true sign of pancreatitis. This disease is FATAL.

In fact, everyone in this post should have pancreatitis ruled out. Ask your doctor!

So now that I finished freaking out about the pancreatitis, here is my story. Ive been getting pains very similar to the one you have discribed, but mine is usually accompanied by vomiting and dehydration. Ive had the attack 3 times and was in the hospital twice. The doctors here (Canada) have sent me for a number of tests and have found nothing. I am due for an MRI in november. My gastroenterologist suggested that it may be pancreatitis. I have tried digestive enzymes that you can find at any health store (like GNC) that help digest proteins, fats and milk products. I find that my attacks still come every so often, but they are a lot milder than they were before. I have not been back to the hospital since. FYI: The pancreas is responsible for breaking down food and producing the necessary enzymes (lipase, lactase, protase) to do so. If your pancreas isnt functioning properly (pancreatitis or not), it will not produce the proper enzymes to break down food which will lead to stomach pain and indigestion. Your pancreas is located right above your stomach between your ribs in the middle of your stomach. That is where i feel my pain (solar plexus area) and most of you have too. Food is a major part, so alcohol and fatty foods must be reduced. I really hope this helps you all!

So now that I finished spazzing about the pancreatitis, here is my story. Ive been getting pains very similar to the one you have discribed, but mine is usually accompanied by vomiting and dehydration. Ive had the attack 3 times and was in the hospital twice. The doctors here (Canada) have sent me for a number of tests and have found nothing. I am due for an MRI in november. My gastroenterologist suggested that it may be pancreatitis. I have tried digestive enzymes that you can find at any health store (like GNC) that help digest proteins, fats and milk products. I find that my attacks still come every so often, but they are a lot milder than they were before. I have not been back to the hospital since. FYI: The pancreas is responsible for breaking down food and producing the necessary enzymes (lipase, lactase, protase) to do so. If your pancreas isnt functioning properly (pancreatitis or not), it will not produce the proper enzymes to break down food which will lead to stomach pain and indigestion. Your pancreas is located right above your stomach between your ribs in the middle of your stomach. That is where i feel my pain (solar plexus area) and most of you have too. Food is a major part, so alcohol and fatty foods must be reduced. I really hope this helps you all!

thanks for the suggestions... i actually just bought some digestive enzymes this week but the pain is still coming... i'm actually typing this right now with my stomach hurting in the exact same location as always...

i really wonder if it is my pancreas because that is where it hurts and the pain sometimes goes into my right shoulder, it's *****UP, i can not stand it, it's like i'm being punished every day because i cant eat anything i want anymore... and i'm not fat, i feel like i'm getting skinnier because of the smaller amounts of food that i've been eating, i've lost 20 pounds since april... it basically ruins my life, i have no way of curing the pain either... i take pain relievers and antacids but they seem to do nothing...

Does anyone get this from fruit?? I have had this pain off and on for a couple of years. I had the stomach scope which revealed an ulcer in my esophogus but nothing in the stomach. My severe pain is in the left upper middle right under my rib cage. Bananas, pineapple, pears and today apples have set off the pain. I double over in pain and it lasts 30 min to 4 hours. I have kept a food diary to find the triggers and found mostly fruit items. I went to the doctor AGAIN today because 2 days in a row I have had the pain, he just looks at me like I am crazy. They did blood tests, urine test and an X-ray tonight and came out with nothing. :-(

I am amazed that I found a site where people had the same problem as me. A year and one month ago, I ate an omelet (a big one) and a couple of hours later I had the most horrible pain of my life in between my ribs in the middle. I was in extreme pain. I did everything possible from making myself throw up to taking laxitives. The pain finally subsided after about four hours. A couple of days later, I ate a small amount of potato salad with eggs in it, and it occurred again but only lasted about 15 minutes. The third time I ate tuna fish with eggs. This time was the killer. Even though I have no health insurance, I decided to pay the price and go to the emergency room. All blood tests came out fine except my liver count was slightly high. They gave me something like Malox, and it numbed me. The pain went away in about 10 minutes. I haven't eaten an egg since, and I have not had another attack. My stomach does do some type of rumbling crazy stuff (high up in the same area I was having the attacks) every once and a while, and I do get heartburn on occasion (if someone has problems with this mix baking powder in water and drink it, it is the best remedy I have ever found). Also, all this happened about 6 months after a gave birth to my fourth child. I believe if it was gall stones or my pancreas it would have occurred again. I have tried to find information about eggs, but this is the only site where I found other people with the same intolerance. I can also eat things with eggs cooked in them, but it seems boiled eggs hurt me the most. Surely it should be a doctor out there who could tell us why?

I have had my gallbladder taken out, and true it was in very bad shape, but I still have horrible pain after eating and instant bathroom urges. I still have no explanation either.

After reading the many replies, I can see my own symtoms I experienced all the time many years ago. Have any of you ever been checked for Crohns Disease! After having most all the symtoms I have read, going to different doctors for help, taking every test possible, I was finally diagnosed with this Disease. The pain felt like it was around and above the belly button. I would have cramping pain in my stomach after drinking milk or eating any milk products, beef, and many other foods. The intestine has an opening in diseased areas that is very narrow. It was found only because the doctor thought my ovaries were enlarged and decided to remove them when the pain didn't go away. After he cut me open and saw the ovaries were fine but the intestine was very swollen he removed 3 ft. I was on predinsone for many years, because the disease returned shortly after surgery. I have been in remission for many years now. I am having some pain after eating now, but hopefully it is something simple.

Hey Guys. After reading these posts felt it was right for me to give some input, or at least what I went through. About 5 years ago. I went through a horrible episode where I pretty much felt like I was going to die. I had the worst stomach ache (mid stomach, above the belly-button) at times it would shift to the left side.

Symptoms included vomiting, loss of appetite and fatigue. After about three days I couldn't take it anymore. I went to my doctor who referred me to one of his friends who happened to be a gastroenterologist. I spent the following week in a hospital under the care of this gastroenterologist. During this time I had by now lost some 25 pounds in a week and a half time span.

I had many tests performed during this period, Endoscopy, Clonoscopy, blood tests, X-rays, CAT scans, upper gastrointestinal (GI) series with barium, tissue samples, and a few more that i am probably forgetting. The doctor determined it wasn't any cancers on the stomach or anything of that sort. After a couple of days and a few tests later, the doctor determined that the result of my excruciating pain was something called Chron's Disease (or Inflammatory Bowel Disease).

Chron's disease is an inflammatory chronic disease that affects the small intestine. There is no known cure for it. People who have disease have a tough time keeping weight on. In my case I was put on a special diet and I was taking 22 pills a day. Medications included Pentasa, Prednasone, Prilosec, and there was one more but I cant recall the name.

After my release from the hospital, the pain went down but was still strong enough as where I couldn't sleep at all during the nights. Eating was a nightmare, I had no appetite at all. Fatigue was constant, I would be tired just by taking a few steps when I would try to walk. In mid May I would be shivering from cold even though I was inside and had layers of clothing on. The doctor said Ill never be able to put weight on (which doesn't sound like a bad deal honestly, but when your ribs are showing its not so hot)

It took some 9 months for me to start feeling better, I could move around fine, eat without problems, and i also gained weight some 35 pounds. Heck I was starting to work out and lift weights. My doctor was amazed by my results. I was almost in perfect health. By this time he had me on 16 pills a day. After about a year from the incident I was feeling better than ever. No stomach pains of any kind. I was in perfect shape, healthy and strong. Blood tests were perfect, along with other tests GI series, X-rays, Endoscopy, all checked out fine.

After about 3 years I stopped taking the medication. To this day I feel perfectly fine. However once in a while I will get small stomach pains above the belly button as some of you guys are describing. They aren't as strong as the sort of pain I felt when I first got sick. ( I dont thing Ill ever experience pain that extreme other than probably getting my stomach cut open while not being under anaesthesia.) The pain does bother me however It usually lasts a couple of hours, and usually goes away by morning as if nothing happened. The only other food Ive noticed that caused this to happen was Oranges at times. However it wasn't a constant thing like carrots. Oranges usually cause some pain once in a while rarely however. Carrots on the other hand usually cause the pain almost every time.

I haven't had much concern about it really, because I count this as minor intolerance, and the pain isn't that bad. People with Chron's disease patients usually have attacks frequently, however in my case I have never had an attack after the first time. The doctor that treats me once said that my case is rare and wonders if my case could have been some rare food poisoning.

I hope this helps some of you out there. Please vary your options carefully before making any sudden choices. Get all tests performed, get tested for food poisoning, whatever it takes to make sure that what you have is really the cause of your problems. In my case I have been lucky, Its true that for about a year or 2 my life was a living hell I hope I never have to re-live it. One word of caution that everyone can use is again don't rush through things especially surgeries. I have been told that this and that had to be taken out, but I had nothing to lose and I left that as my last resort.

I have!, tho my pain radiates more from the belly button or slightly below. It happened twice now after eating a pear (or at least so I believe). It starts slightly and then suddenly fully kicks is with a pain that comes in "glowing" waves. Pain is sometimes crippling. Nausea is also a symptom but it doesn't carry it to the point of vomitting. However, the first time these pains came I sat trough them for about 2 hours. And then I decided to make myself regurgitate and see if that did bring relief. After about 30 minutes of violent vomiting the pain did subside. That was last week, and now I had the same pain from eating a pear last sunday. It subsided after about an hour.

I think the pears might have been unripe when I consumed them. I remember eating a unripe nectarine once, and 5 minutes after consumption I suddenly had to regurgitate.

No clue what's going on.

Were any of you tested for Celiac or food allergies of any sort? It could be the spices you put on your food. MSG? Vinegar. I have Celiac Disease, found out last year but had it for at least 34 years without knowing what I had. I can relate! I had the terrible stomach pain, felt like sprite in my stomach, heartburn, body aches, headaches, fatigue, foggy thinking, adult ADD, you name it, I had it! My son is allergic to soy, peanuts, carrots, and about 5 different fruits and it causes him horrible havoc to his body. He cannot concentrate when he gets soy. He cannot even look me in the face when I talk to him. One time he threw up so violently I thought I was going to have to take him to the emergency room when he was 7! Research all you can. It took me 6 different doctors and 9 months before I finally self-diagnosed Celiac disease and I have been pain free from 1 year now. Not one doctor tested me or suggested food allergies. I researched on the net!! You are your best doctor!!! BTW, I no longer have a gallbladder either and there was nothing wrong with it!

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed**

I've gotten mild stomach aches in the past from eating a few carrots. Fool that I am, instead of dinner I had a bag of baby carrots. Now I can't freakin' sleep because the pain is so intense!! I have just taken some pepto bismol but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It is cyclical, as in it will get really bad for a few seconds, then die down a little for a few seconds, but I cannot sleep and it hurts like crazy. Somehow I don't believe that going to the ER or going to a doctor will get me anywhere tonight as they will just put me on drugs. If it doesn't die down by like noon tomorrow I guess I'll hit up the doc.

This is the worst stomach ache I can remember having.