I had a 100% blockage in my LAD and a stent was able to be put in to unblock artery.

What about 65 percent blockage?

Hello guys
Is it possible to remove artery blockage without surgery. By using medicine or
Ayurvedic medicine etc. How it beneficial and can we trust on this medicine

I have been in a drug study for several years that is intended to be a cholesterol lowering drug for people who cannot tolerate statins. I was on the placebo side but now that it has been approved and is available they asked me if I would continue in the study taking the real thing. During the first 3 month period it has lowered my LDL to 12 and on a retest a week later because my VA doc didn't believe the first test, the retest showed 10. My cardiologist knew about the drug and said they are looking at possible evidence that getting the cholesterol that low DOES cause a reversal of some blockages.

what is the name of this drug? my wife hdl is 29 ldl is 210

The name is Repatha but it's terribly expensive unless you can get someone else to pay for it. I looked it up where I get my meds on line and it's $1200/month.

No not necessary, I have a 100% blocked left circumflex at the om2 junction blocking the om3 and it did cause a mild heart attack but luckily the doc said it is a relatively small blood vessel. I have a 50% to 70 blockage in my right coronary artery that may have to have a stint or 2 put in but for now my doc is just trying to medicate.

I had a Myocardial infarction stemi in my LAD (proximal) blockage 100%. An angioplasty was performed and a drug eluting stent was placed opening the artery. Therefore having a 100% blockage doesn't mean you will die. I'm living proof.

I wish everyone with heart problems to be well asap I'm gona share something with you all pls do take it seriously as someone very close to me has tried this and found it helps 100% put one third of organic olive oil one third of lemon juice and one third of onion juice in a small expresso cup drink every morning half hour before breakfast for one month rest for a month and do again repeat until you feel you don't need to anymore and come back to me with your replys best of luck

I had one artery at 100% which was discovered following a heart attack and subsequent angiogram. And YES there were plenty of warning signs but many of us are knuckleheads. While they were in there, they decided to place a stent. They also found a couple at 50% and others at 20 or 30 for which they did nothing. The one with the stent will not be the problem if it heals right during a year or so. It's the other ones that can only get worse. Solution: lifestyle changes including monitoring of junk intake versus healthy foods and at least a little exercise ( not talking triathlon here). Any decent doctor should be telling you this stuff.

I also had a heart attack as a artery was 100% blocked a stent was placed. I was informed at the time of two others at 60% I was given the usual medication and advised to change my diet and exercise which I have been doing for the last 7 months. The problem is that on both sides of my family there is heart disease so at 60% already there how long before my next heart attack. There is no ongoing checks, say in a couple of years or so. It's like Russian roulette. It seems that every other life threatening disease/ illness there is ongoing checks MRIs etc but nothing for us. If you're lucky to get angina which will highlight a problem then you have a chance. sorry to be so direct but that's the way it is.

It's more serious than you think.

What does a 90% blockage of a distant and insignificant artery mean? Can it cause a heart attack? Please advise. Thanks.

Hello, interesting to see that you have stated that up to 50% artery blockage there is normally no surgery undertaken. My 48 year old son in the USA is a heart patient (heart by-pass plus many stents) and he has been told that he does have a blockage of 40% in an artery behind his heart which he has been told will be treated with drugs and no surgery. Your comments make me feel a little better. I am also a heart patient, 74years old, six by-pass grafts since 1985, a couple of stents, a number of heart attacks and an ICD (shocked twice) but I battle on.

I had 55% block and one stent installed. There was chest pain previous day and next day I notified the doctor who diagnosed with a block of 55% and installed a stent. I am taking medicines now and healthy lifestyle. Do I need this medicated stent or should ask to remove after few months as I can guarantee full control.ECG will always show abnormal with the stent and I want healthy ECG.Please advise what best should be done.