I would recommend not using 'Always' anymore. I recently learned, from a gyn surgeon where I work, that they use formaldehyde in the making of their product, which is a major factor in vulva irritation.

What should you use instead?

I have the same problem what did he doc. say?

Hi i'm 19 and have this same issue! thank you for alll your replies, i too have been an obsessed mess that i had an STD of sorts.

I first noticed this paper cut type reaction on my labia  after i had sex one night though at the time i thought nothing of it until a few days later it was itching in the same place and very dry :[ it looks like it's trying to heal but i should probably help its cause with neosporin, because its re cut itself again and it hurts! i think it may just be an akward place for a cut to heal.

I too am on Loestrin BC, and have also noticed some differences in my natural lubriccation before sex, so maybe that has something do with it... maybe the only cure for that is just more foreplay...am i right ladies?

Anyhow i appreciate the replies they made me feel better that its not an STD and i'm not the only one who has this little issue of sorts.

Yay for vaginas!

hey..i have a problem similar to yours.i'm turning 16 in a few days and iv had my skin peeling off at the sides of my vagina.at first i thought it was because of the shaving but even when i hadn't shaved for a while nothing changes.it is really uncomfortable and i'm a pretty shy person so i wouldn't want to see a doctor or tell anyone in person,i'm a bit embarrased.everytime my boyfriend wants to have sex i have to make up an excuse because i wouldn't want him to see me like that...so if anyone can help me please do..

Have you tried hydrocortisone 10 creme? I use that for just about every cut or irritation of that sort. It even works well on my hemmers. I put it on when going to bed and by morning the irritation is nearly gone.

I JUST came back from the doctors. After almost three years of similar issues I found out I have eczema! A biopsy was taken and I was subscribed a steroid cream and it is being treated as a skin condition.

My doctor said it was a first for her.

I cannot start the cream till the biopsy heals. In the mean time I am using A and D ointment.

Something similar has been happening to me for almost 2 years now. I'm a 15 year-old-virgin.

It actually started right after I started masturbating, so for a long time i assumed that I just cut my labia with my nails and it was itchy like some cuts get.

It also happens, i've noticed, whenever i'm getting close to my period. I'm so itchy right now. What I do is I use neosporin on the little cuts that are everywhere (there's a big cut right at the start of my slit above my clit every time) and then I use some sort of anti-itch cream, such as cortisone 10 or gold bond itch cream, and i try not to itch as much as possible and i pray to God that it goes away.

I had oral sex with my boyfriend the other day. On the same day my left labia was swollen and it was painfully itchy. Leaving it over night I had a look at it and it appears the skin is coming off my vagina all around my labia and near my clit? Along with tears on the inside and outside of the flaps. These tears are bigger than any ive had previously making my vagina red, raw and irritated. I know that neither of us has STD'S as we have been tested recently and have been partners for a long time. I'm now thinking a possibility for this occurrence was his stubble rubbing against my vagina (would explain the skin?). I am currently treating it was Cannosten (thrush treatment) seems like the only logical thing to put on such a delicate place. It has helped a tiny bit with the itchiness but it is still red raw and there are patches of missing skin exposing new red skin, which looks so damn sore and ugly.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Already have considered the doctors if it doesn’t get better in a day. Thought checking the net first to see if anyone else has experienced the same ordeal would be best before jumping to any conclusions.

i have the same issue i tend to get it either after i have my period or b4 my period the liquid that comes out tend to be clear n sticky no oder i use panty liners for tht all my reasault came bck negative . Im guessing by sweating walking not getting enough air their tends bcome dry n not getting to clean their as much s we want to cuz it to become dry and ends up gettin in the vagina and cuz an infection tht wat im thing

Any time anything strange is going on down south, it warrants a visit to your gyn. Ive had the "papercuts" but not the peeling. In the meantime while waiting on an appointment with an expert, its a good idea to give the area a little R&R. Believe it or not, our nether regions can be highly suspectible to allergens found in common products such as baby wipes or cottenelle wipes (more than one doctor has told me they cause more problems than good due to the preservative in them that is highly irritating) or femine deoderant sprays. Also, failing to shower right after a work out can set us up for some itchy situations. The more irritated the area, the more likely the skin will break. A combo that tends to work well when I have irritation, itchiness, or "paper cuts" is toilet paper for sensitive skin (there are a couple of brands that make it, contains soothing aloe), absolutely no wet wipes of any kind, wash only with Cetaphil (more gentle than Dove senistive skin)  and applying hydrocortizone to the CLEAN AND DRY area. Some recommend a layer of vaseline after the hydrocortizone has been applied, but I've never done that. I have cleared up itchy situations and papercuts this way while waiting on an appointment. But, if sypmtoms continue, get worse, or reappear after stopping the hydrocortizone you must see a gyn. better safe than sorry.

WHAT KIND IS THIS?

i am also on orentho trycyclin lo and i had none of these problems until i was i was on beyaz and i switched because of bloodclots, but after a month on o.t.l. this sh**s happening and its freaking me out

Im thankful i found this. Im not very sexually active, but I did start seeing someone briefly, and Im freaking out. Ive never had an std, and i have these cuts that itch like crazy unless I put something on it. and its no where NEAR the inside of my labia. its right at the crease, outside. My thinking the first time, was I had changed my fabric softener, so it still may be a factor, but since it started whle I was on my period, and due to having endemitriosous, i can not wear tampons comfortably, and thought it might be the pads I was using. Im treating my 2nd round of it, it started to heal and once again, it inflamed again on my period. Im changing the type I wear next time, and see what happens. otherwise, I feel as normal as any other day. it doesn't burn, just itches, it's not blisters, its cuts, once in the shower, I can bathe normally as well, without pain. I still want to be checked, just to be sure, but all ive read about herpes was about blisters on the inside of the labia, Not the outer part.

I never heard that before, but very good point! esp when mine started and enflamed again using pads. Hmmm