Sounds JUST like what I have. After a long time questioning what this problem may be, it turns out I have an allergy to feminine hygiene products.

IT'S AN ALLERGY!!! that area is extremely sensitive and the symptoms are a sign of an allergic reaction. Mine is from Feminine hygiene products, but it could be anything from that to launder detergent to different types of material you're using in your clothing or soap or even your toilet paper.

Im assuming this may be hormonal. I have been dealing with this same issues for iver 15 years. I am so glad I have found this thread. I am not alone! I get it about a week or 2 before my period. Sometimes it is completely unbearable and painful. Vagisal helps for inly a while. I have been using hydrocortisone gel recently, but also only temporary relief. Doctors told me it was normal and had to do with my menstrual cycle

Im experiencing the itching , peeling and chaffing on my outer labia and i have been on cipro now for almost a week.. a high dose for a kidney infection... ive bever gad this happen to me

Sounds like all of you have yeast infections of some sort. So does the male.

Yeast infection. Taking antibiotics will do that

I’ve had this issue for almost seven years now, no gynecologist has been able to correctly diagnose it for me, so here’s my best guess:

Around the time that this started, I started taking orthotricyclen lol as my birth control. I also started wearing rings full time, as I was engaged (I had never worn rings more than occasionally before.) I also have issues with eczema.

The issue started with a very small, itchy patch of skin that cracked open like a paper cut. I treated it with a cream prescribe by my OBGYN, it went away for a little while. Then it came back WITH A VENGEANCE and I haven’t been able to get rid of it since. It covers a good deal of my pubic mound at this point, and some of my skin has lost its pigment. For a couple of years it kept enlarging, but it hasn’t gotten any bigger in awhile, only more or less irritated depending on what I’ve been doing / what I’ve been eating.

So here’s what I’ve done: I’ve quit taking birth control, I sleep naked, I moisturize the skin when it feels dry, I don’t wear any jewelry at all any more (figured out that my skin was reacting to the metal), I completely switched to reusable feminine products, and I’m doing an elimination diet to see if cutting out inflammatory foods will heal the skin.

When the itching just gets too bad for me to handle, I use Ivarest cream on it - it burns and it’s intended for poison ivy, but it’s the only thing I’ve found that will give me some relief. I can’t use it too often though, because over time it will dry out the skin further and do more damage, so I only use it when it’s truly unbearable.

I’ve noticed that when I am stressed, when I’m on my period, and when I’ve eaten sugar, dairy or tomatoes, the flare ups are worse.

This sucks so so much, but I’m hopeful that if I stop giving my body inflammatory foods that it will be able to fix this issue on its own (given enough time). I think originally I had some type of reaction to one of the above listed irritants, and my skin’s sensitivity and eczema combined with the location of the reaction just haven’t allowed the skin to repair itself.

I don't know if I had a paper cut type of sore but it's definitely sore and a lighter pink and circular. I had throat cancer 2 years ago and radiation and so far itis gone. When this new OBGYN learned I had had cancer recently she took one look and I'm going tomorrow for my biopsy. Some prayers would be welcome and I will get back to you girls when I get the results. I am really anxious about this I don't know how long it will take to get results but of course you know all these sitting on pins and needles until I get the results. If it is cancer I can deal with it. I've already had radiation my throat so they will probably not do that again because there's always so much radiation your body can take. It would have to be chemotherapy or surgery. I am trying to 8 positive not negative. So I have this to offer, radiation was bad toward the end because the inside of my mouth and throat burnt which is to be expected. Any one of those options certainly alternative. I owe it to my daughter and my grandsons to try to stick around for them and me!

I’m literally experiencing this right now! I’ve been checked for All stds as well and I’m getting really afraid...

I have the same freaking problem it’s so annoying. Like a month ago it started happening and it was super itchy and painful and for about a week and a half I left it alone bc I thought I might have just cut it shaving but after a while it didn’t make sense that that’s what it would be and so I told my mom (I’m 16 btw) and she she was going to take me to a gyno but it went away. And now a month later it CAME BACK. The skin on my inner lips is super cracked and dry and I checked it later in the day and the skin was like kind of peeling. But it was leathery and all over and stupidly I peeled it off. Btw it was so bad the peeling was INSANE like nothing that I’ve ever seen before, super thick and I could literally peel of like HUGE chunks like basically the whole thin on one peel. Also I know it’s not sec bc I’m a virgin so that rules out any kind of stds and whatnot. So annoying and hurt like c**p

We all have lichen simplex chronicus