I am sorry the feather part is funny, but that seems like psoraiasis.

I too have this problem. My aunt suggested taking a lamp and placing it just above the infected area and leave it there for about 20 minutes or until you feel tightening. This really helps with the itching. Do it for about a week. Don't touch infected area directly with lamp light bulb, just get it close enough to feel the heat from the bulb. This helps a lot.

Get an anti fungal cream steroid cream from your doctor and put it on before bed. Should be good by morning. It will re occur unfortunately for me it does.

Have been to see the Doc today about same problem. Itching. peeling skin etc. but only on one side. She is referring me to gynocologist as they don't know for certain what it is But lichen sclerosis has been mentioned and there may be a small biopsy to be certain. I am one of the older generation and a widow ,so no age restriction or discrimination. Good luck everyone.

32, going 33 this summer. It started last year around November for me (Nov 2015); I felt it was just dry and itchy, I even sort of complained of it to my gay bestie ^^ because i'm comfortable with him. So it started with the dry itchiness. It carried on to December and we are not May 2016 and I have a paper cut like tear inside the labia majora on the upper end, just under the clitoris. A few days ago I also noticed that my whole vagina was super pale versus it's usual healthy pink tone. I have some random itching pikes, streaks, which is especially annoying evening/night when I lay down to sleep and it surges like a tinkling electric shock.

I am having this problem but I haven't had sex or anything in a very long time. In fact, it only really started after I shaved a few days ago although I had minor issues like this before. I am not sure if I have some sort of imbalance or perhaps some sort of cause of dry skin but if anyone knows anything about this I would be grateful if you could tell me what the hell is going on.

I have exactly the same problem. Left hand side only with a small lump that often bleeds. Have you had any answers?

Omg I wish someone knew what this is I have had the exact same problem. I am about midway through my menstral cycle and then this happened. I was in the shower cleaning everything and when I got done my labia ans lips were like on fire burning and itching. So I looked and they were really really red. So I was like whatever I probably just rubbed too hard and then today when I showered my skin just kept peeling all around my lips and inner thighs. I just got checked for STDs and I was told I'm clean so now I am freaking out!!! I haven't had any rips or tears yet, and I hope they won't occur. At least this site has offered a little bit of releif and advice!

What kind of pads do you wear?

Look up lichen sclerosis. It took me years of suffering before getting the proper diagnosis. You have to go to a dermatologist and have the a small biopsy of the affected area to find out if that is the problem. At least i know what it is now..which sounds like many of the symptoms people posting here are suffering with. I was prescribed a very potent steriod ointment which helps alot when i get labia or anal cuts/split skin and horrendous itching.

24 yr/F. I started reading this thread from posts over a year ago. I just started experiencing the paper cuts, itching, and even just this week the peeling of the labia (my cuts run from the clitoral hood, left side of the inner labia, and down in towards the butt). It all started around 7 months ago and I thought I was just being crazy. Basically I have an overactive discharge set up. Any birth control actually will tend to dry me up. Also certain birth controls will make me bleed non stop. I got the nexplannon (the implant in your arm) and bled for 8 months straight and planned parenthood put me on a 2nd birth control to try and control it (oral), instead I bled more. So I believe after all this drying of my vaginal area, hormones, wiping, pads, etc is what caused this uproar down there with the itchy burning nonsense. I visited my OB about it finally a month ago, she recommended the hydrocortisone. It works quick but comes back too. I visited her this week again and said I can't keep doing this and she is having me do a trial of estradiol cream. Basically I'm replacing the estrogen that was already there. I have a cut on the inside of my vaginal opening and it helps with that too. I hope to update in about 2 weeks with how things are going and if this doesn't work I might look into the dermatologist. It's so nice to see there are other people with this problem and I just wanted to share my experience in case this helps anyone.

Have you ever looked into getting laser hair removal?

Omg, im having the same problem!!! My labia burn and itch. Im fine during the day, then at night after I shower n wash the area, when im clean and dry, that's when it starts! I had a pap about a week n a half ago, hope everything comes back negative.

I am also going threw the same this I have been checked for everything and everything came back negative ! I am going crazy I took birth control a year and a half ago and screwed up and every since then I have had this issue I had to quit taking it it took 6 months for it to go away it kept coming back off and on and then I got pregnant and I never got it I just had my son and I'm a month post partum and it's back !!! I think it's somthing to do with a hormone imbalance and to do with ur ph ballance I am going to see my ob this week and I'm hoping they can find what's going on out bec I can't live with this again for months ! I can't even walk without the cuts ripping back open plan. So Vagasil for ph ballance works okay if u wash 2 times a day !

The lotion? It doesn't burn?