I am having very similar symptoms - itching, burning sensation and cuts up high around my clitoris and down the sides, but not at my vagina. I am celibate so was sure it's not an STD. I swim a lot and shower 3 to 4 times per day. I don't have an excessive or unusual discharge. I was concerned that maybe I was developing a sensitivity due to possibly starting very early menopause - I'm 40, so relieved to hear it's probably not that lol! Excema and inverse psoriasis sound a possibility. Might make a doctor's appointment tomorrow :)

I am having very similar symptoms - itchy, burning sensation and cuts up high around my clitoris and down the sides, but not at my vagina. I am celibate so was sure it's not an STD. I swim a lot and shower 3 to 4 times per day. I don't have an excessive or unusual discharge. I was concerned that maybe I was developing a sensitivity due to possibly starting very early menopause - I'm 40, so relieved to hear it's probably not that lol! Excema and inverse psoriasis sound a possibility ... or even the sugar sensitivity. I usually just drink water but have had a couple of sugary drinks of late! Might make a doctor's appointment tomorrow :)

did you ever find out what it was? I'm having the same thing happen to me??? FREAKED OUT

I had a similar issue and luckily had a dr appointment already scheduled. The dr told me it was irritation from being too active (running, biking) and gave me a steroid cream and to use it for two weeks and it it didn't clear up to let her know and she'd give me another type of estrogen cream. It cleared in two days of use and just wanted to say don't go diving off the deep end it's probably nothing too serious but go to a doctor, even if it's a minute clinic type place, they can help you get some relief!!! Hope this helps

I've had this same thing happen to me a lot lately and I didn't know what it was. After researching, this is what I found. Hope this helps anyone.
"Vaginal dryness is a common problem that affects most women at menopause. It can, though, occur at any time. It's usually caused by a lack of estrogen. Estrogen stimulates glands that lubricate the vagina. Without its effect, the vagina becomes dry and less elastic. This can cause itching and discomfort as well as painful intercourse. Vaginal dryness can be treated with water-based lubricants that are sold over the counter. Lubricants provide temporary relief and can make sex more comfortable. It can also be treated with estrogen. Estrogen applied directly to the vagina works well with less risk than estrogen taken by mouth.
-Use water-based lubricants and moisturizers to relieve the discomfort of sex and for temporary relief of dryness.
-Don't abstain from sex because of dryness. Regular sexual activity can promote natural lubrication of the vagina.
-Avoid using hand lotions, soap, and bubble baths.
-Avoid douching.
-Use a sitz bath or soak in a bathtub of warm water to relieve burning sensations."

NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN BUT IT DEFINITELY SOUNDS LIKE HERPES, I KNO FROM EXPERIENCE. ONE DAY EVERYTHING IS FINE AND THE NEXT...CUTS THAT SEEMED TO HAVE COME FROM STIGMATA. IT WAS HERPES AND I CRIED AND THOUGHT THE WORLD WAS OVER BUT LIFE WENT ON AND I'M FREE OF IT THOUGH THERE R NO KNOWN CURES...SO THEY SAY! GOD IS REAL AND HE CAN DO ANYTHING FOR U, SO DON'T GIVE UP OR LISTEN TO THE DOC OR ANYONE WHEN THEY SAY THAT ULL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT 4EVER BCUZ IT'S NOT TRUE! ALSO HERPES WILL NOT BE DETECTED IN A GENERAL STD CHECK, ITS IN A CLASS OR FAMILY OF IT'S OWN (HERPES, COLD SORES, SHINGLES, CHICKEN POX, rosacea, eczema etc) AND BLOOD WORK IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE FOR THESE KIND OF THINGS, IT MAY NOT BE SHOWING UP IN UR BLOOD AT THIS TIME BUT IN 6 MONTHS FROM NOW. PROPER HERPES TESTING REQUIRE A SWAB SENT N2 THE LAB! BUT DON'T B FREAKED OUT AND DON'T BE IN DENIAL, U CAN GET MEDS FOR UR PROBLEM NOW AND UR "HAPPY AREA" WILL RETURN BACK TO NORMAL :-) I PROMISE! U CAN SUPRESS/PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING UNTIL THEY COME OUT WITH A CURE THAT WORKS FOR EVERYBODY, NOW U HAVE TO SEARCH AND SEE HOW THE CURE IN THE WRKS WILL FOR U! I GUARANTEE U, JESUS IS REAL AND HE WILL DO IT FOR U BCUZ IT'S A PART OF UR INHERITANCE BUT FIRST U HAVE TO GO N SEE HOW TO RECEIVE IT! IT'S NOT MAKE BELIEVE AND IT'S NOT A LONG WAY AWAY. THE SAMETIME U SPEND ON FACEBOOK ETC AND TEXTING UR FRIENDS THAT CAN'T DO ANYTHING 4 U, U COULD SPEND SEEING HOW TO RECEIVE BACK FROM UR FATHER "THE KING" AND C WHAT HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT ALL OF THIS!

Hey im also a 17 year old female and my problem is familar to yours i just notice this one day it was ichy and burning and i thought it was my underwear rubbing against my bikini area but i felt around and took a look in the mirror at it and the area was tore on the labia minora on both sides. idk i heard a lot of stuff about this , like maybe its from shaving but who would shave there? and i have only had sex three times in my ife. im concerned about this issue someone help

I am really glad to have found this as I just recently started having these symptoms myself! After doing some more research I came across some info and a pic on google images that looks very similar to the peeling patches--turns out the info says it is female jock itch! As this has put a halt to my sex life, being 33 and living with my boyfriend, I am going to make sure I go to the doctor this week now armed with things to ask them to check for. It started as what I thought might me a yeast infection and gradually the paper cut and peeling started happening. Good luck and I hope someone out there has been able to get some answers.

Sounds like lichen sclerosus. Clobetasol, which is a physician perscribed topical cream, is the only thing that stopped it for me.

HI, I am eighteen years old, just started a new sexual relationship about a month ago (one of two in my life) but the boy has only been wit h one long term girlfriend and has never exhibited any symptoms of anything since they broke up a year ago. I was fairly certain he was 100% clean so, booth being in high school, we didnt bother getting tested. I know i was clean, I got a new gyno about a year ago and in order for her to reperscribe my birth control (seasonique) she blood tested me for everything in december and i havent come in contact with someone since besides my current boyfriend. the first time i had symptoms like this, i woke up and on top of the hood of my clitoris (in the top crease) there was flaking skin all along the crease. I pulled the skin off and there was no pain or discomfort. about a week later there was  another piece of skin, also in the top crease, i pulled the dry skin off but underneath was a raw spot. i doused the area with tea tree oil, because i thought i cut myself shaving and thats what i do after i shave.  i reapplied a lot of times even though it didn't seem to help but just dry out the area. around the third application the skin on my vulva erupted in a smooth rash that was painful to touch, not bumps tho. went away in about two-3 days. about a week later it looked like i had some few and far between in grown hairs. I got a three day monostat treatment and that  seemed to work but yesterday a flake appeared again adn when i pulled the flake off there was another raw spot/ cut. its wider than a paper cut, and kinda the shape of an elongated lemon and always appears on the top of the clitorial hood in the top crease. topical yeast infection cream does seem to help, not the anti itch but the medicated. I am planning on getting std tested but if anyone could share what theyre diagnosis was it would be very helpful 

Ive had this for over 6 years i use cortizone 10 eczema cream its like 8 bucks @wallgreens but if u can go to the dermatologist n get eczema cream its way better my daughter has eczema on her foot once n i used her cream n it went away for like 6 months . I should go back n get more but im always embarrassed to say anything to d dr good luck guys

i have the same thing peeling extreme itching and red and sore.... and gooogled everything i could possibly think of.... just a really bad yeast infection possibly candida you need to change your diet. cut out lots of sugar yeast and mold. including fresh fruits and buy chloritzole cream mines 95% bettter. seriously never thought id find a cure lasted for 5 months. and almost ccompletely healed its a very hard diet to follow though try the candida diet.

31 year old female here!

Thanks for this thread!   I too have had this issue.  Been tested for all sorts of things, everything is negative.  I have been very sexually active with multiple partners so I originally thought I contracted herpes.  When the test came back negative I didnt know what to do.  I get flare ups every 6 months and they last for a month or so.   My doctor assures me it is not the herpes virus or genital warts or any infection.  As happy I am that I dont have any STDs, but at the same time its frustrating they cant diagnose this issue.   

The only thing that works for me is keeping it dry down there.   I use a non-talc baby powder in my underwear and on my thighs and I just resist the urge to itch.   I also take a benadryl every night during flare ups, I'm not sure this does anything but I like to think it does and I already have allergies so why not.  I dont use creams or anything else.   I am really active and all I can contribute my problem to is the fact that my thighs rub together and there is not enough airflow between my legs.   

The flare ups suck still and are not easy, but if I follow the rules I set for myself I can usually make them heal up much more quickly.

You have a yeast infection. I would know because I just got over it. Don't worry it will go away. It will just take a couple days.

I've had the same itching, paper cuts, peeling of the labia for about a year and a half now... I shower daily and some days twice a day, and I scrub down there, but I've started to notice a build up of something that has an odd smell, I have white creaming discharge but no smell with that. Lately it's been lasting longer and only goes away right before my period and doesn't come back until after a week or two of being off my period. I noticed this like a week after a one-night-stand and so I got tested for STDs and something called trichomonas THREE time in the past year and a half everytime negative. I even had a pap and the nurse said it was dry skin and it would go away. She recommended not washing too much down there, to stop using feminine washes, and to sleep without underware. I tried this, but it hasn't gone away and I don't want to have sex because it irritates me down there.

I haven't been tested for herpes yet and it freaks me out at the idea... but after reading these posts I feel a little better... The only thing that really worries me is that my current boyfriend had the cuts the last two times we had sex. But nothing has shown up on him since and we haven't had sex in like two months. Has this happened to any of you and your partners??

I'm really freaking out right now...