I don't have an answer for their problems,But I want you to know how special you are to give so much of yourself to your pets.Read up on what's in dog food, it's shameful,that is the problem.Same way with our food GMO'S.My Precious dog has kidney failure. They say there is no cure I feel helpless.Thank you Big pharma, the pet food companies and all the other GREEDO's out there..........That are contributing to so much pain in this world........

Does the holistic vet have your dog on the medication or are you feeding according to this vets instructions?

I just found out that my little Pepper has cushings. I have decided not to subject him to the drugs that the vet prescribed for him. I decided to give him Cushex that I get from Only Natural Pet. I also give both of my dogs Prmial dog food nuggets that I get from ONP, Chicken & Turkey & Sardine. There are several other formulas but I prefer these 2. They are formulated especially for animals & have only the best ingredients. My dogs love the food & their coats are beautiful. Even tho Pepper has cushings he never lost any of his fur. I keep searching for other natural ways to help him. He is 13 years old. The Primal is expensive but I care about & want my pets to have the best to eat & I feel that they get it with Primal. I hope this helps you some.

I am trying to find network of parents of dogs with Cushing's. Can you help? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Im confused . My dog has been sick. Bloid work showed high liver enzymes and ultrasound showed a little enlargement in the adrenal glands and liver but X-rays showed he had degenerate this disease. The vet said it could possibly be Cushing's disease but is only treating him for his back with pain meds mostly. Where do I go from here he said possible Cushing's Disease possible pancreatitis what else should I have done the next thing they want to do is a cat-scan which I cannot afford now I have spent $1,500 in two weeks by having multiple blood tests emergency visits hyper chamber treatments four of them X-rays and ultrasound help what should I do next when not on pain medicine he is very uncomfortable panting and such and can tell he's in pain thank you for any feedback I'm so worried about him

My 8-yr old Boxer female, Bella, recently diagnosed with Cushings. She has all the symptoms. My vet said to put her on Lysodren; having read on it - scares me to do this. Vet said it could kill her. Since I found out she has Cushings, I bought some CBD paste. I put it on a dog biscuit. Now bought doggie canna. Just got today. I would love to treat her holistically; so confused.

I have been advised by friends to put her on Vetoryl. What would others do.

WOW. So good to read. I will buy the cushex drops. Just received the doggie canna today. Does your pup have all the symptoms. When the Vet said LYSODREN, I looked it up. She also tole me Bella could die taking this med.

Looks like this was written in 2013. Yet, today, 8.8.17, i just ordered this product from Only Natural Pet. Bella, my 8-yr old Boxer, she has Cushings. Just diagnosed. Vet saying I should give her LYSODREN. Vet said it could kill her. Notta going to do this. Then checking on VETORYL. Everything is so expensive. I did by CBD paste and giving to her. But wanted something else. Thanks to you, I found ONP. THANKS.

We think our dog has Cushing disease what is the treatment

my 14 year old dog has had atypical Cushings for at least 6 years his current Alp is 7000 everything else is normal I'm treating him with flaxseed and melatonin he doesn't exhibit any other symptoms of the disease. I am considering having unemployment ultrasound to see if there's any underlying problems as his Alp more than doubled in a year. he has a lot of spunk and energy for a 14 year old dog. So don't let anyone tell you that they only have 30 months to live

Flaxseed and Melatonin. Wow. Right now I am giving Bella doggy canna. And some liver support holistic type med I recently bought. Thanks for responding. so much I do not know.

I WAS TOLD THE CBD WOULD SHRINK THE TUMOR. DO YOU STILL TAKE YOUR PUP TO THE VET TO GET THE NUMBERS.

SOUNDS LIKE CUSHINGS. MY BELLA IS DOING THE SAME THING: PANTING ALL THE TIME. SHE HAS GAINED 20 LBS. IN TWO MONTHS. LIVER NUMBERS HIGH. SHE HAD A LIVER BIOPSY. THIS DOES NOT SHOW A SPECIFIC DISEASE. BUT NOW SHE HAS SYMPTOMS OF CUSHINGS. LETHARGIC. PANTING. GAINED WEIGHT. GIVING HER CBD PASTE AND I HAVE OTHER SITES IF ANYONE INTERESTED.