I have hand many dogs and love them all. I breed bassets. I have has shepards. I alway have about 4. It is so hard letting go. I feel I am always playing God. Today you go. I try to look at it as when my dog is not enjoying any kind of good life, it's time. So hard. I have laid on the floor with the big ones, held the little ones, but I can't watch my loved ones suffer. It's hard but blessed we can put our animas out of pain. My chewy looks at me with such love and brings me a toy to greet me. When I go to walk it is a whole other story, puts back does want to go go. Pants so hard a small walk is hard on him. I've had to carry him home. He's not there yet because I just accept him peeing on the floor, but if it gets worse I'm love him to much to watch him suffer.

This has reassured me greatly my dog was diagnosed 2 months ago and has improved greatly on treatment her bloods aren't yet stable but I was so worried we would lose her very soon now I feel we could have her for a few more years thank you

Flaxseed oil, available at health shops or chemists is really good for your dog's coat :) Just a few drops mixed in with our pap Peanut's dinner each night restored his lovely thick glossy coat in spite of his Cushings disease, all the best, Tina and Peanut :)

I suppose it depends on how old the dog is. My little Yorkie was diagnosed with Cushings 2 years ago, put on medication and it still going strong. He has 30mg Vetoryl daily. He's nearly 13 now. He suffered illness after illness until he was diagnosed and he's never been better since going on medication.

Hope this helps

My dog COCO has had cushings for over 4 yrs I chose to treat her with a holistic product from company called Pet Well Being called Cushing Adrenal Harmony I give her a tincture morning and night it calms her down regarding looking for food and it helps her too I was using an acupunture herb from my friend who is aacupuncturist but now I am not she is increasing having hard time walking she is beginning to waste. She is eating most of the time though sometimes now not so much she has the rat tail now sleeps more still has the distended belly but last time at vet she has lost 10 lbs now 44 lbs she cannot hear well and 2 weeks ago one eye turned bright red her sense of smell has been affected and i find with a q tip dipped in olive oil I must clear each nostrils because in late stages of cushings there is a buildup I've been very observant to her she is getting to the point I fear before long she will need to go away to heaven im not going prolong her suffering I lost a my German shepard 12 3 2015 my 94 lb lab had a tumor removed and is ok but hard he lost his best friend of 12 yrs now we will lose our cushings pup. Hard u have 3 dogs then going to 2 then one no one tells u its like to me another 4 legged fam8ly member dying sad

my pitbull is 10 years old. The vet said He's pretty sure it's Cushing's disease.He urinates more than usual And is eating well. He's lost 7 pounds. I will meet with the vet next week to discuss How to treat or if not to treat. Any input would be helpful. Thanks so much

Can you recommend a holistic vet ?

Roy, your post has given me hope. My Ben was diagnosed in April this year He is 12 will be 13 in November. The vet prescribed vetoryl 30 mgms daily and regular blood tests. His next one is due at the end of the month.

I use Vetoryl 30 mg for my Boston terrier..She seems to be doing ok on it...

My Major is 8. He is advanced, I removed the Vetoryl from his meds. After a month without it his appetite has returned the same as before treatment! His skin on belly is very black and thin with pimples underneath. His belly very extended! My question is does yr dog have the symptom and still living with them. He is now getting the cough. It Is three yrs now, and by the way I diagnosed him myself! The vet never did, he just kept giving him meds and salves for his skin. Hinted as to me not keeping my dog clean and feeding him too much :-[ I read until I found it! Boom!, I yr on Vetoryl. What do u do to keep yr pet alive with this horrible disease? I am sorry yr baby is sick also!!!!

Thanks for this site and the encouraging stories of long Life!!!!

Question?? Can I get cushings if my pet bites me????

Hello, my baby girl has cushings and my vet said to feed her hills wd or gd csnned. Both have pork liver first ingredient . She us worse now. I got in Internet and read stay away from organ meats! I read what you feed your dog. I see it at chewy ' s Web site. But which one do you get? I am so worried about Belle. She has the atypical cushings. Any help with food, suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Can I get exact recipe for the dog food you make? I'm desperate to get my Sheltie better. Has cushings but no on meds. 

Hi there, I am just wondering did you decide to treat your dog?