omg im so sorry for ur lose how awful for u to go through all this,and shame on ur vet for not getting any help for him,,,,,,,,i have to say we use vets for pets in rotherham they are brilliant they tested lilly a 2 years ago for addisons ,then we found out in november t2016 that she had cushings we are giving her vetroyl which seems to work bless her .....big hugs from us x

So said to read your story. Horrible when you trust a vet to make a correct diagnosis and they fail to do so. We had the same type of thing happen with out little shih tzu. Misdiagnosed for over a year. Now has an amazing vet but we too wish we had left our other vet sooner. Take care.

our Chance (Maltese) 13 years old was diagnosed with Cushing's approx. 1 year now. our vet wanted to give him expensive meds to help treat the cushing's. I told her (the vet) I will get back to her after I checked out more information about the disease. After reading symptoms and how can I treat it NATURALLY. I did try the Adrenal Harmony Gold for dog Cushings. what a difference in Chance. although, yes he has lost much hair, yes I see he is losing muscle, yes he is a little lethargic, yes he drinks a lot, yes he wants to eat all the time and NO diarrhea! I strongly believe in the Harmony Gold for dogs who have cushing's disease!

My little yorkie was diagnosed today with Cushing disease. She acts just fine. Not sure until they do more testing what kind it is. I am so scared.

Our min pin was diagnosed with Cushing's and diabetes almost 2 years ago. He is on daily Trilostane and 8 cc's of insulin twice a day. We are very strict with his schedule and he has done remarkably well. About a year ago he developed diabetic cataracts and after consulting with a canine opthalmologist we decided not to have them removed because the complications outweighed the positives. He is now completely blind and has adjusted beautifully, still his happy go lucky self. We just have to remember not to move furniture. :) He's somewhere around 12-13 years old, and we hope to have him around for many more.

I am wondering the same. My dog has not been diagnosed with that yet but they are thinking that is what he has. He is 10 years old, not sure I want to put him on the meds they give if he does have it!

My Jack Russell was diagnosed December 2012, he was in pretty bad shape. We opted to treat naturally because he did not respond well to either of the 2 meds we tried. The first thing I did was change his diet to a low fat diet, this disease will affect the pancreas. I made him chicken, rice and vegetables and once improved I started mixing in an extremely high quality dry food. Very high quality. Keep the fat content low, around 10%, again, this disease will have an impact on the pancreas. While on the homemade diet we also gave Only Natural Pet Ultimate Daily Vitamins, he still gets those even though we have added the high quality kibble. It's important to supplement the homemade diet with some vitamins and nutrients. I also use Cushex drops that I can't say enough good stuff about, they made a huge difference. Right now he is doing fantastic, in fact I had to have blood work done recently for dental work and his blood work came back completely normal. I was told without the meds he would not lose the weight and pot belly that the disease causes. He weighed in at 40 pounds when diagnosed, the whole reason we took him in the first place was the weight, it just couldn't be explained because he ate normal and no more than my female Jack who is completely healthy. It's then they asked about frequent peeing, hair loss, panting, etc and I said yes, we are encountering all of those things, so they kept him overnight and did the test which came back positive for Cushings. 5 years later he now weighs 20 pounds. Right now excessive shedding is the most noticeable thing we are dealing with and I have brought in a little coconut oil to see if we can curb it some. His weight is fantastic, no excessive panting or excessive water intake. He is doing very well, I was shocked when his blood work came back completely normal. When I asked the vet about it she said everything looked good, there was a slight elevation in his liver enzymes but she said it was very slight and nothing at all concerning.

Hi Samantha,

My doxie was diagnosed with Cusing 6 months ago. We are still trying to figure out the correct treatment, and I was so afraid that his life expectancy will be shorter becasuse of the disease. Thanks for you comment, it gave a little peace!

Roy, how long does the Vetoryl take to work? My 15 year old jack Russell has been on it Two days I'm worried sick mate.

Please tell me what you are doing that has led to such a happy outcome. Our 6 year old Westie has many symptoms (liver count over 900, drinking and peeing a lot,) and our vet believes CD is the most likely cause. We are getting a sonogram ASAP and the dr has prescribed a liver support pill with milk thistle SAMe and zinc, liver support food and liver support powder. Do you have any advice? We're broken-hearted.

Hi My dog is a bishon and has been diagnsed with Cushings he is sad and so am I as the vet today said he hasn't got long.I wondered if you could share your diet with me Ilive in New Zealand...thank you for sharing this..cheers Mary

My dog is 13. She was diagnosed with Adrenal Dependent Cushing's Disease when she was 4. We were told a life expectancy of 3-4 years post Dx. Well . . . we are 9 years in and our dog is still doing well. She is on a cytotoxic (Trilostane), multi vitamins, Chinese herbals and we cook all her food for her and measure it all out. She is thriving!

the raw diet instinct raw i give my girl with pumpkin, and lentils doing very well also give 1 tablespoon of coconut oil flax seed and 3 miligrams 2 x day of melatonin for dogs good luck

Is your dog still alive? I have a 11 year old schnauzer who was just diagnosed with C. The only symptoms are increased thirst and urinating - has accidents. I believe in "quality of life" too. I would pay anything for her wellbeing, but the side effects of medicine scare me. I want to get a second opinion as well. I have a friend vet who I will contact today. God bless.

My 11 year old miniature schnauzer just was diagnosed with C. Only symptoms are increased thirst and urinating. I want her to have "quality" of life so I don't want to put her on medicine with all the side effects. I am going to try your method, but what is the recipe for your homemade food? How long was he on it until you added the dry food? Is he still on both? What was the brand of dry food? Waiting for your reply. God bless.