my dog Slipper (Is a Maltese) has had cushings since 2011, now 12 yrs.. has diabetes, is blind, back legs weak and she is very thin.she is on insulin 2 times a day.. I won't give up...but it is very hard to see her like this...When do we know it is the end..??

I read you can give him ginkgo a human vitamin that is what I am doing.

Hi: My dog was diagnosed about a month ago with Cushings and I opted not to go through the meds and bloodwork, which is very spendy and I am a single parent. I am feeding my dog raw now completely and wondering how long he will live if I am doing this.. He seems ok and is 10 years old, as I have taken good care of him over the years.. Just wondering what to expect for him..

My dog was diagnosed with Cushing's in November of 2013. We tried everything and spent more than $10,000 in treatment, but we ended up having to put the poor guy down in March of 2012. He was only five years old, but all his organs were shutting down and there was nothing more that could be done. He went from being completely okay, to having all the symptoms of Cushing's in a matter of two months: huge pot belly, excessive water intake and frequent urination, hair loss, ear infections, and he was terribly depressed and became a loner. Our vet said he had a very aggressive case of Cushing's, and he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did without the medicine we tried.

Correction to above post: We put him down in March of 2014 - after only four months of treatment.

What about the flea treatments we give our pets? Although I try to keep this to a minimum, I wonder what impact internal flea treatments have on our pets

Thank God. My 5-year-old boy was just diagnosed and I am scared to death. You have given me hope.

My dog was diagnosed with Cushings 3 years ago.   We had two options for treating this by the vet.   The first option was so expensive it left us reeling with the cost.  The second option was a medicine costing us about $75 a month.   We went with the cheaper route but she kept on a down spiral.

One day I cried and cried while praying for something to help our baby girl.   Then I went online and looked up Cushings in Dogs.   A link came up for 'Pet Wellbeing'.   As I looked through the site I saw that they had a product called Adrenal Harmony Gold for Dog Cushings.   I didn't hesitate and ordered it.

It has been 3 years now and she is doing awesome.   She is now 12 years old and has recovered from the worst of the disease.   Now it is just old age creeping up on her.

It wouldn't hurt to give the site a try.

Hi - I have a Daschund - Jasper. He has cushings and is going on 13. I have found that bathing him in Malaseb has been great. Try to leave it on Rupert and Morse for at least 10 minutes before washing off. It's great for their skin.

You can give him omega fatty acid pills with his dinner to help his coat.

My dog was diagnosed with Cushings today. Apparently many more are out there also. Does anyone know a place to purchase the Drugs cheaper than the Vet charges? $80 bucks a month is a lot on top of the blood tests at $100 bucks or so monthly then quarterly for years. Just looking to see if there is some way to save a little.

My dog is also going through that path. He is not officially diagnosed for it yet but you can give him flaxseed lignans and melatonin. It helped my pet. Go to lignans.net and you will get the info you need from there.

Is your pet on Vetoryl? When my pet was diagnosed for it, I refused the treatment. If the dog does not show any clinical signs of the disease like excessive drinking and urination, eating a lot ...I chose the holistic path and he is doing very well right now. Yes, dogs not treated can have other diseases. My pet has pancreatitis, which is under control. He has chronic kidney disease, as well. I know, he is going to that path but I took my chance. I give him melatonin and flaxseed in top of her other prescribed meds for his chronic kidney disease. Go to lignans.net. You can get info from them about the supplements. It helped my dog. He is very active showing no signs of cushings. When my pet was diagnosed for cushings, I immediately ask for another vets opinion. Research the disease. Make sure your pet was tested not just the ACTH test but also the low dose suppression test. There's another test I could not remember. Research it. My 1st vet was very aggressive, my 2nd vet is more careful bec it's hard to diagnose a pet with cushings disease. it will involve a lot of testing. One mistake could lead to Addison's disease. Good luck.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Thank you everyone for posting as my retired Hearing Dog (Registered Assistance Dog - Service Dog) has been confirmed Cushings and he means the world to me, he's 10.5 years old, and started on medication today. Pituitary gland Cushings. I'm hopeful of managing it well. He's my world. The posts give me huge encouragement