I am also recovering from laproscopic gall bladder surgery on June 24th. I went to my post op appointment today and the doctor said everything looks fine and that I can get back to my normal routines. I am going to wait one more week (to make it 3 weeks) until I go back to the gym just in case! I am a little concerned though with the largest incision (now scar), the one at the top; in the middle of my belly because it is still swollen. Has anyone had any issue with the swelling? Will it eventually go away? Also: the doctor removed a clear stitch that was by my large scar but I still have a small clear stitch in my belly-button... will this dissolve or should I go back to the doctor for him to remove it?

Thanks In Advance :-)

I had my GB removed this Sunday.
I have no major pain and no bloating or discomfort in the abdominal area. My stool is normal and everything seems good so far. While in hospital I had everything from omelets to roast turkey with gravy and as I came out I had a nice pork roast.

I do however, supplement my diet with a few natural items:

1. Apple cider - one teaspoon in a glass of water twice a day.
2. A clove cut into small pieces and drank with a glass of water first thing in the morning
3. One whole English cucumber a day, peeled sliced with a bit of salt
4. 500-750 PLAIN fat free or 2% yogurt per day
5. Dandelion tea steeped in club soda or Perrier or any mineral water. (When you boil the club soda the CO2 evaporates and becomes like a flat water but still helps with digestion) You can try any herbal tea that you enjoy here.

All this helps a lot.

Good Luck.

Chris

OMG this is horrible this pain won't go away :( I honestly thought everything was going to be better after my surgery.  It has been 1o days after that and I can still feel the pain! I remember before my surgery the Doctor told me it was going to be easy because I was skinny!(not true) I feel like a huge balloon right now, like if I ate a whole cow.  I see comments of people saying that after a month or so they still feel sick...ugh and that the ONLY thing we can do is to WALK!! but I've been walking and i feel like that does't help either. On top of that I'm losing weight , I don't even get hungry but do my best to try to eat, and when I eat I'm afraid food is going to make me sick:( SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING THAT I CAN TAKE OR DO TO FEEL BETTER!!!!!

I had my GB removed this Sunday.

All this helps a lot.

Good Luck.

Chris

Thank you! I will try this, hope that makes me feel better:)

Thanks for all these amazing responses. Very helpful. I have had gallbladder removed last Monday and ive been up n walking and driving since laat Tuesday. I lost 5 lbs but my stomach fills heavy n bloated i bought a girdle to help eliviate the added pressure n difficulty moving about because i feel this heavy ness n bloated feeling despite having lost weight

I had my gallbladder removed a week ago today. I have a rash on my stomach. It is raised itchy bumbs. I had applied gauze and tape to help with the weeping of my incisions and thought the tape my have caused the rash however I stopped using this two or three days ago and the rash is getting worse. Has anyone had a simular experience after this surgery? I have taken no meds except a few tylenol and some benadryl.

I had my gallbladder out four days ago due to low function and inflammation. Right now my shoulder blade hurts bad and my right side hurts and still feels inflammed along with my armpit on my right arm. My stomach isnt bad although my belly button is still sore and every now and then my stomach sounds really loud digesting! Really hoping this goes away soon - so far its like the gallbladder is still there! Ugghhh.

Hi -- I had surgery yesterday and feel fantastic, just a little pain in my stomach but I am already eating anything I want with common sense. Make sure to eat with the vicodin. I have committed to two weeks off work and I think you should stay off another week if possible. I also have GERD so I think I will have problems with that too but I will try to manage it. I think you are rushing your recovery. Also my doctor put me on anti-anxiety medication "celexa" and this is my third week and it has also helped me a lot in life. I am still having the rib pain but I am optimistic it will go away because it is already better just one day post op.

Hi - I had GB removed yesterday and feel fantastic. I was eating anything I wanted last nite with common sense and also make sure you take stool softeners and tons of vicodin and eat with it. Also the pain in shoulder and inflammation is supposed to be normal from the gas. I am 54. I still have a little rib pain but gotten significantly better and I also have GERD so I am not sure how much of my problems are GERD or GB but I guess I will find out. My general doctor also put me on anti-anxiety medication CELEXA and I have been on it 3 weeks and it has changed my life. It's not anything like you think and it will probably help you also. I have a large bruise on belly button and still sore, but I can get dressed and I plan on not driving 5 days and two weeks off work. Best wishes you get better soon.

I'm having the same feeling. I had surgery last Friday. Its been a week. What causes this feeling?

I had the exact same experience as you. After the second week, the symptoms decreased significantly, and now, at four weeks, I am nearly back to normal. I had heard that it's a simple surgery with a speedy recovery, and indeed, my husband had no complications or discomfort and was back to work the next day when he had his removed before I met him. I think, tho, that he is the exception and not the norm. Also, I was given hydrocodone for pain, which caused me to itch mercilessly so I discontinued it and simply took Advil to try to knock back the pain in my shoulder from the remaining gas. It worked well for me. Hang in there and monitor your progress closely. I hope my comments are useful.

hello all, I feel so for you all just went through the worst 8 days ever my honey had his gallbladder removed , all went hay wire. bile leek 3 days after, blood pressure over two hundreds 3 days multipal times a day. PLEASE make sure that is not happening to any of you a leek is bad pain. It takes almost a year to heal inside your body. REMEMBER ALWAYS now every thing you put in your mouth if i'st what you drink or eat is for ever changed. NO cafine, No fatty foods , your tummy builds in gases because you can NOT process it , it take 5 x's longer walk ALOT and eat slow small meals eat more often small meals. and do NOT eat foods already gasses like gabbage,cali,broc, ect. it will pass but the road is a challenge for a good 6 weeks. TAKE CARE and listen to your body it will tell you LOUDLY

KLW3636 I am experiencing the same thing... Did you find out if there is something else wrong?? I know this post was over a year ago so Im hoping you reply with "it just magically disappeared" lol but if you found out what was going on I would like to know because your symptoms are exactly the same as mine.

I just recently had my gallbladder removed and the bloating in your stomach is from the gas they inflate you with. But I also had my appendix removed just a few weeks prior. The gallbladder surgery has taken a toll on me. Not sure if it is cause I had two surgeries so close but after appendix I was feeling better in a couple of weeks. But not with this gallbladder surgery.