There are two victims of rape, people. Let Rebecca's story be a stark reminder of that....

**edited by moderator**websites prohibited**

Wow, you have amazing maturity and insight at your age. I hope your post serves as inspiration to other young women in the same position.

If you just found between a month or two, its safe to have an abortion. You're not murdering or killing a human being. A human being is not just a physical body, it can think and feel and have awareness. A mother of a child can do such and therefore make such a decision on aborting or not. In those two months the embryo is a collection of cells that does not have nerve interconnections. It does not have the ability to feel or think. You have the right to your life and future. if you can raise a child that you did not voluntarily want to have, then PROPS to you. If not then don't beat yourself over it. it's a personal choice and I believe ther are various circumstances in which it is okay to have an abortion.

To come out and state that abortion is WRONG, isn't well thought out. Just because you think it's wrong doesn't make it wrong. Use words like I feel or I believe. I feel Abortion is right in some circumstances, definately not all but in some. EVERYONE THAT IS AWARE AND COMPETENT HAS THE RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION OR PRIMA FACIE.

If not there's always adoption.

"if it's humans it's abortion, when it's chickens it's an omelet"

i have never been raped nor have i ever had to go through with an abortion, but i think it is completely up to you whether to have an abortion or not. Where adoption is a good choice do you really think that you would be able to go through 9 months bearing the child of a rape and knowing the chile was conceived during one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. there is no saying indefinitely that the child will bring back memories from the rape, but it could. i think as long as the abortion occurs within the first month and possibly early in the second it is perfectly fine. anything after that i am not to sure about. dont let anyone sway your decision choose what you think is best for you.

i was raped on 28 april 2007 and gave birth to a little girl December 2007 my baby was born 32 weeks i love her very much. Abortion is wrong in the eyes of God you will have to explain why you got rid of his wonderful gift. My daughter doesnt remind me of him she is her own little person and i will never give her up.

My heart goes out to you. I think the most important thing to say first is that I hope you are getting good support, counseling and therapy to help you through this time. No matter what you choose to do, you are going to need some support for dealing with what has happened. I hope you remember to focus on taking care of yourself as well as figuring out how to proceed with the pregnancy. You need to feel again the love and safety that was taken from you by this rape. I hope that you are getting that, or seeking it out, in the world. My heart really goes out to you. I was raped when I was a kid and I am only now doing therapy. It breaks my heart that for 20 years I allowed myself to live in pain, alone, with what had happened. So many years lost. Please remember to take care of yourself and to pay attention to the fact that you have been harmed, and you need love and support.

I had an abortion, but I wasn't pregnant from rape, I was pregnant from not having safe sex. I knew I was pro-choice but being confronted with the actual decision of what to do was really different than the politics. In the end I decided to have an abortion in order to honor the real mother in me, the person who wants to bring her baby into a beautiful life and a beautiful world. I meditated and prayed a lot. I want to say that I never suffered any bad effects from this. i didn't have any post-traumatic stress or any of the things that pro-life people predict. I want to bring my child into a life of love and beauty, and I want to be with that process all the way, and for me there was no way to do that under the conditions of my pregnancy.

I think it is a deeply personal choice and I applaud all the women on here who are living in accord with their conscience.

I just wanted to share my experience in order to resist this idea that women who get abortions have regret or mental or emotional damage as a result. I didn't have any.

Many blessings to you.

I don't believe in abortion so i wouldn't recommend it to no one. I believe that adoption is the best way. Just because you were hurt doesn't mean that you have to hurt an innocent baby that had no idea what was going on. Think about whats best for this baby and not just yourself. I really hope you have the right support for this.

It's not the baby's fault how it was conceived. If you can't bear to see the face of your rapist in your child's innocent face, then give it to a couple who desperately want children but cannot have one, like my twin. But, there is a life in you and it has a heart beat and it moves and lives, and I cannot think that abortion is ever a good idea. You have gone through something very traumatic, but that's not the baby's fault. If you can find it in your heart to forgive your rapist, then keeping the baby is an excellent idea, but I certainly do not think abortion is the answer you're looking for. Murdering an innocent life who cannot defend him or herself is something that will haunt you for the rest of your days. There will not be a day that passes that you won't wonder if she had your eyes, or if he had your hair.

I wouldn't have an abortion if I were in your shoes. I'm 18 years old and just had my daughter three months ago. The father has not spoken to me since I found out I was pregnant. I think that in your case, adoption would be the best solution.

For starters, you shouldn't let some bible basher tell you that abortion is wrong, or you shoudn't do it for ..... ect. I myself am a pro-choice supporter, and the choice should always be up to you, the woman. Understand that I am not advocating you should have an abortion, and I am not advocating you shouldn't, just know that whatever you decide should be entirely your own desicion. Don't fall victim to all of the BS about you need to do this or that, no. Your situation is not your fault, and first and formost you should think about youself, and your own wellbeing; not what other people think. Now if you think that bearing the child of your rapist is the least damaging to you, then fine, do that, but if that is not the case, then always know that there are other options avaliable to you. I myself am not religious, but when I hear stories like this, I always, always think that you should be incharge of your own body. A crime was commited against you, and now you find out that your pregnant is awful, and I truely hope that you are getting the help you need. But this is just some thread on the internet, and there are some incredibaly biased opinions on here. Know that you are never alone in this, and there are always places you can go for help about it.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever desicion you choose to make.

i think that abortion is your own choice.
do what YOU want.
you dont need to hear what other people say ....

The pregnant raped women should bear her attacker's baby. Killing the innocent fetus is NOT the answer. Celebrate life no matter the circumstances that instigated the life. If necessary give the baby to a loving couple emotionally and financially prepared to raise the rape child.

Quite frankly, I think having an abortion is completely inhumane and I disagree with it no matter the circumstance. I did my senior project 4 years ago about abortions and it is sick! There are debates going on constantly on whether or not rape or incest is a good reason to abort a child. Regardless, a baby doesn't just GROW into a baby after a few months. It's a baby from day 1- has a heart beat after 2 weeks if not sooner. After speaking with professionals about abortions I was given a great amount of information. It's ashame you were raped, I was raped too when I was 14 years old. But, if I had gotten pregnant from this man, I would have either kept it or given my baby to a deserving family who would love this child regardless of who his or her real parents are. Woman tend to think that abortion is the easy way out because giving a baby up for adoption would hurt too bad because they get attached easily. If you seriously don't want to give it up for adoption because you'll be attached than shouldn't that be a hint that maybe you can love this baby no matter what? Sorry, but sometimes its not only about the woman. When are people going to take into consideration the pain that an innocent baby goes through when they're being suctioned out of you being ripped into tiny pieces or being burnt alive by salt solution. Or better yet, if you chose to wait long enough, why not just let the doctor stick a giant sharp object into your babys head and rip it in 2? Ultimately, 2 wrongs don't make a right and murdering an innocent child isn't going to make you forget about what happened- its going to make things worse in my opinion.

(I read all the posts now, but still...) Most of them are about abortion and self centerment...

You guys are all about you you you, and If I was r-ped I would. No, you guys, the baby is a LIFE ok? Why are you all SO self centure? The baby is a LIFE! Don't you care about the babys future? Why are humans so self centered and only care about themselves? I mean, if you don't care about a baby who is a r-pe SURVIVOUR like yourselves, then, why care about any baby with a person you love? I mean, it's basically the same, just not with a person you love. I'm not talking about the attack, or the sexual abuse/tramma. I'm talking about a LIFE. Still a human being born, and will have a future. What if your parents did that to your brother or sister? How would you guys feel? I mean, you guys might be annoyed that I personalise this, but Ii feel I have to to get this point across. Oh, by the way, I was r-pped about 3 weeks ago, and am now going to have Esther. So ya, I know what I'm talking about.

This webpage might help too. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed (Something biblical, but still helps because a non Christian e-mailer wrote this person.)

ok. im new to this and i know im way late. but i'd like to know what decision you made and how you felt about it. im doing a study on this subject. and if you don't mind i'd just like to know. no judgment made to you AT ALL.