Hello. I hope you are feeling better, each of you. My pain just started in the center upper back. It is not the same as you describe. Mine is a sharp, knife stab that does not go very deep. Between shoulder blades. Not related to eating but I do have belching at the same time so I am hoping it is good-old-gas. I am almost 64 year old female. Do not work out so is not muscle pain. Has not happened in bed. It does make me cry out sometimes. I took some gas pills this am to see if that will make it go away. Pain is not all day mostly in the am as I sit down to have my coffee. Before I even get to enjoy it. I am going to study gall bladder per the last person's urging. Did not find much on gas. Do let me know if you get well. God Bless.

This is very new to me as my pain just started 2 days ago. For the past two days I've had very sharp pain in my upper back. The pain goes to my shoulder blades and I know for a fact it's caused by gas. I drank some gingerale and it helped me burp and the pain started to slowly go away. I also laid flat on my belly with a pillow underneath and that helped the gas pass through and come out the other end.

I noticed as the gas came out, I felt better and the back pain completly went away. The thing is I hope it doesn't happen everyday because it's very uncomfortable and I feel like I can't breath. I also noticed that for the past two days, I ate cauliflower and broccoli and I think that may be what caused it. During my first pregnancy, I remember having this pain when ever I ate broccoli but I started eating it again because I had no symptoms afterwards.

It's hard to diagnose as we all might be suffering from different types of causes and it's hard to pinpoint the cause. I will also go to my doctor if it continues.

Take care and hope we all feel better soon!

Add me to the list of people with the same symptoms. Bloating, constant nausea, severe stomach pain, severe pain in middle of my back, severe rib pain mostly on the right side. I also have been to many doctors and taken many tests and everything is negative or normal. I would feel so terrible after eating that I pretty much quit eating everything except fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and seafood/fish. Meats, breads, and dairy I notice make me ten times worse. I have lost 20lbs and was feeling slightly better, but now after 2 months of this diet, the symptoms are severe again. I'm always hungry and hurting. I understand how miserable all of you are too. I can't imagine how so many of us have the same symptoms and no doctor anywhere can figure it out. I hope if anyone finds a solution or a clue, that they will share with us. And I will certainly do the same. best of luck to all!

Wow! I have been suffering for a couple of months with upper back pain so bad I feel like I'm going to die when it's happening. It wraps around to my front as well. I have nausea terribly and have horrific dry heaves with only air coming up.
I went to the doctor and they found nothing wrong with me, except a large amount of stool in my colon.
I have figured out that it seems to happen after I eat, and have wondered if it's gluten related since recently I realized It had happened after eating cheese crackers, and it didn't happen when I was on a vegan organic diet. But I had brown rice during that diet and doesn't that have gluten in it?
I am glad to know that I am not alone, but sad that none of us seems to know the problem
BTW, I do not have a gall bladder either.
I am going to be trying a food elimanation diet to get well. I can't stand this feeling any longer.
Donna

Hi, I

look up costochondral joint pain.......its what i have. your symptons arejust like mine

Hi everybody- I had my gallbladder out 6 years ago--- twice. LOL. They took it out while I was on vacation out of town. I came home and 2 weeks went by with no improvement. I was still unable to eat. Went to the ER and they said- I think you need your gallbladder out. I was like WTF? But it turns out I was one of the 10% who have a retained stone in the common bile duct. It was quite large. Once that was removed I was much better. But after a subsequent visit to the GI with an ulcer he informed me that you CAN get gallstones even after your gallbladder has been removed. They can be located in the common bile duct or elsewhere apparently.

ME TOO!!!

My name is Carly and I am 23yrs old and have had stomach pain for 5 months....i am really suffering and dont feel like me anymore

I have been vegetarian for 10 years and have never had stomach problems before. Back in June i was crippled in pain. I went to docs and they thought virus - had antibiotics. Didnt go away they thought IBS, then Cealiac. Had tests for everything nothing but raised White Blood Cells.

Had an MRI of my small bowel after 4 months of pain, tiredness, dizzyness, changes in stools every change possible! and severe weight loss. Had diarrhea after the scan - result - negative.

Had an Ultrasound scan and everything was normal apart from my gallbladder was collapsed.

Is that the problem??

Anyone help??

Carly

xx

WOW im 23 male and i am having all the syptoms. Problems with no being able to belch and back pain. My upper abdomen feels swollen / bloated and i cant eat much at all because of the full feeling. Docs got me on anti-bio right now but im thinking that its IBS now with all the research. He did xrays and blood count all normal. Its making me depressed and very worried (but ive always been a hypo). Hope that this gets better soon =(

Im 20, same symptoms as yall other ladies. Mine keeps gettin worse and worse. The past few nights I have been up for many hours tryin to find comfortable ways to get some sleep, and nothing. Parents and Husband think Gallblatter, or Kidney stones. However with no insurance I don't go to get any test. Also another syptom I'd like to know if anyone has, its like little explosion feelings in the tummy near the right side. This is hard to deal with since I'm going back into the military, I HPE and PRAY its nothing to get me discharged. I have till August to get this figured out. =(

i have the same symptoms that are discussed and i have done everything i could think of to figure out what might be the cause. i'm assuming most of you have had a colonoscopy to help diagnose what the cause was at the very early stages of your symptom. i had severe bloating most of the time so i went to have a colonoscopy done. only AFTER my colonoscopy did i experience all NEW symptoms as mentioned in this forum and these symptoms have been present for 15 months now. here's a thought...has anyone ever considered the medicine that we drank prior to the colonoscopy could be the cause to the symptoms we all now feel??? only a thought...any thoughts on this will be welcomed!!!

Hey, did you ever find out what this is?
I had my first baby at 18. That is currently my age. I'm so worried I might have cancer, or something with the same exact symptoms! I have tried everything and nothing has helped. I'm so worried for the sake of my 3 month old daughter.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you. I pray for all of you in hope this terrible thing! Whatever it is will pass and no longer consume your lives.

Hi Everyone

I am 47 years old and am having SEVERE  pain between my shoulder blades that radiates through to the front of my chest. I sometimes lose use of my aarms/hands.  They did a nerve conductive test that was negative.  I have also gained an incredible amount of weight in a short amount of time that can be related to some of the meds the Drs have put me on like Lyrica and steroids.  None of the meds are helping.  Even the pain meds dont touch it some of the time.  The pain is so severe I can not perform daily functions.  I go to a chiropractor, pain management clinic and physical therapy and nothing seems to be helping.  They have not done many diagnostic tests as I currently do not have insurance.  I am in pain ALL the time andif I am not something as simple as holding up a menu or washing dishes can put me into spasms for hours.  I also have bloating and vomiting with this pain as well.  I am getting no answers and have become very depressed as I can not work, play with my 9 yr old child or just do daily activities... was looking for help on the net when i read all your responses.  I hope we find something soon as sometimes the pain is so bad I dont think I can take another minute of it.  I go to the ER at least 2-3 times a month because the pain is so severe that vicodin and muscle relaxers dont touch it.  If anyone else having these issues finds out what it could be please post something and I will do the same.  Thanks!

It could be ovarian cancer. Dr, Oz talks about these symptoms and how they are related to ovarian cancer and they are almost alwys overlooked. Please talk to your doctor about that. GET IT CHECKED OUT!!!!! If he/she says that can't be it ask them why not and look for specific reasons. GET second opinions. 

Hi everyone!! My name is Dana..... ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***l I too have been having the bloating, back pain, fatigue, and ill feeling.....and since the doctors all want to keep telling us everything is fine....I think maybe this is what it could b....the article will explain how u test yourself to see if thats the problem....I was bloated up to the size of a 7 month pregnant woman last night ....back was killing me....and i did the flush....and i am doing the follow up as instructed.....This morning my stomach was flat.....and my back didnt hurt as bad.....Although there is no quick fix to this problem....i am willing to tough it out and follow the instructions in this article if it may help me to feel normal again.....if this is not the problem....at least its giving me temporary relief until the stupid doctors can get it right...