hello,

hope u r doing good. if you still have the gas problem and if you want to try a new method and see if it cures, below is what you can try.

1. early morning when you wake up, drink 1.5 liters of luke warm water in less than 30 mins. initially you will get vomiting, not to worry the voming will clear all the flem u have in the throat. start with minimum of 1 litre and extended it to 1.5 slowly. drinking water will also make you to clear ur stools and u get very lighter. i clear stools for 2 time in themorning. i used have a lot of gas problem and after starting to take water, i am gas free.

drink green tea atleast 2 times a day. this will keep your cholestrol level and cut off fat.

do some yoga/breathing exercise.

overnight you may not see the change. but as weeks go alone, u will like it and it will become ur life stysle.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone, please help

My 21 year old daughter is having pains started on the 11th of may 2012, at around 8:00 pm, she was with friend and when they found her she was coiled on the floor with severe pain in middle of upper abdomen and lower chest area ( in between) she felt gassy and bloated too, she did have her period the same day but she gets cramps but they are normally on the bottom of lower abdomen.

She said it was not her normal period pains the girls gave her panadol rapid and 4 hours in pain it vanished, only to come back at 6:00 am in the morning the next day 12th may 2012 . which she did not tell me.

30th May 2012, did not go to work as wan't feeling herself by 4:30 she had to call a friend to drive her to the doctors as she had the same pains again sever her friend found her coiled up in pain when she came to pick her up went to the doctors . doctor asked her to go to emergency after been there till 11:00 pm they called us in the pain would come and go but she was feeling really bloated, gassy and vomitish but did not vomit, they did nothing after all that time just sent us home and said it is IBS type of pain, never ever had this type of pain ever before,looked at IBS symptoms they say it is constipation or mucosy stools, she goes to the toilet once every three days but this day she went about 5 times the stools were just soft but not diarohhea, nor mucosy, all she had was some left over fried rice that was bought from the chinese shop the day before. We ate it the previous day but not the next day except her,

I am worried sick she does not look too well, no temps, even though 36.9celcius normal,

Had pains on 31st May 2012 and took her back to the doctors, my GP who is running test for Celiac disease please for give spellings, Iron, lft, c reactive protein, cholestrol sugar, etc. I am so worried she is getting really upset and iratable too,

Tomoorw she has a MRI need to drink barium but she is also having a sore throat, and not sure if she should drink the stuff, she feels hugry, but gets bloated, could it be a bug,

She used to get stiches or pains on left side of abdomen for last two years that comes and goes did a scan and on ovaries and it was alright, she also passed blood in stools which was like a period bright red, around the same time december 30 2010, doctor did internal on rectum said it mst have been a tear, she said she was a bit constipated at the time and she had it once more during that time and said nothing since the doctor has not done a stool test as yet, she gave aher a buscopan injection which helped with the cramps, and gave gavascon to take for blotiness which she has been taking.

1st june 2012, went for fasting blood test today,and after that she had a up and go drink and complained of slight pain took two gavasons, and again she took another 2 after dinner as she had noodles with carrots, leaks silverside a couple of pieces with mixed with mince meat, and said that she felt bloati and gas.

Could these previous stich like symptoms since 2010 have aggevated the problem, I just dont know what to do. and feel so helpless any informaiton would help please

Mys sisters had gall bladder problems but their were like pains that started and went to the middle of the chest and to the back and the scan showed that thye had gall stones, could gall stones cause , bloating and gas problems too, her pains were in middle of the upper abdoment and lower chest (in between) any help or answers please

Mmm I have the same thing , bloating, nausea, pain just underneath both shoulder blades eventually throwing up.
I have been to my Doctors one and he said the same as yours so I am going back again, it is either gall bladder or maybe hiatus hernia, it is for sure something to do with food that is causing acid reflux.
Good luck

omg thought i was the only one in such pain now as i type this ,,, thought it was my kidneys but then the pain is so mad like in my middle near the top of my back :( feel like tossing my gut all the time ..... almost feels like a heart attack soon to follow ,,,,, i have had H.pylori years ago and wondering if this is coming back?

Believe it or not my pain is gone!!  I had a colonoscopy done.  The prep didn't seem to want to work but eventually it was as if a huge blockage was finally broke loose.  Had a few episodes after but then I started eating Activia daily and the pain, nausea, diarhea, bloating and acid reflux have completely disappeared.

Hi, A good diet is a must, fish, rice, no fats, milk is a big no no bla bla.

After talking to Doctors and my Pharmacist, it is GERD "Acid Reflux"

Different from the usual Acid reflux.

The burning sick feeling coming up into your mouth is Acid reflux but it reaches the top of the Esophagus.

Gerd only reaches the bottom of the esophagus, it's form is not burning but thick bile coming up from the tummy and up into what feels like the back of your throat.

Clearing your throat and coughing are all symptoms, the usual bloating and nausea follow.

The pain going across the upper back underneath the shoulder blades is muscle spasm and my doc has prescribed an angina spray to relax the muscles if an attack comes on.

If it was gall bladder I would also have a sharp pain in my right side but that does not exist.

So diet is a must, no smoking anymore, not too much alcohol, or take two Omeprazole before hand, LOL, lose weight, which I must, it's tough being so good though eh.

Toodle for now and hope this helps.

I suffered for nearly threee years with these symptoms, which turned out to be an ulcer. By the time the doctors decided to take me seriously and test for a problem the ulcer was huge and had almost ripped through my stomach. Insist on getting tested until a diagnosis is found.

Hey it takes a while, it took 8 weeks eatting fruits and veggies to clear it up. Cause i experienced the whole thing until my buddy michael told me what the problem could of been, its from greasy food and junk food. Dairy products can cause the problem as well since its not all natural. I mean i wprkout all the time but it doesnt clear it up. Its all about healthy eatting. Im dealing with it again cause i went on a food frenzy for chicken lol

Hieveryone

Wrote about my daugters pain above navel and below chest in the middle did MIR Barium results came that there is some ill defined patchy calcification in liver, need to do another MRI,hope and pray everything is OK, hospital did nothing but the doctor gave her gavascon and boscopan injectionthat settled it, has anyonegot any idea, I am worried as I was allergic to the IV Contrast but not the oral contrast, she will need toget an IV contrast, they said that it is different , Can I give her a zyrtec 24 hour one, prior to her 8 hr fasting,just in case as we both have same allergy symptoms and her endophrine was high by 2 pct than normal, 

Does any one know, or have anyone had the same problem, ill defined liver calcification, she is an occasional drinker not abinge drinker, dont smoke doctor said that it might not be related to the gass bloated feeling she had,  she had one more since then, as soon as she felt gassy she took gavasconand it settled Thank God, did  blood test in June 2nd 2012 some of the results are Billirubin test (I think it is a liver test) , was scaled at 5 umol/l ( itshould be below 15), is 5 a bit high would it have showed in the blood test, other bloodtest results were normal except that her iron(ferratin) was 8 boarderline, her MCHC was 21.1g/dl, MCH 26.7pg but .5-.3 anemic, since 2008, and vitaminD deficinecy, her B12 was fine, magnesium was fine, the doctor office did not call me to come and get the results, as my daughter dont like going to the doctors, and lucky I wentabout , you would think they would call,  since 2008,result for celiac disease was fine, but willbe keeping an eye onthe blood test. Thank God doctor wanted the Scan done, everything else looked fine, she had a ultra sound done in 2010, and in that everything looked normal,as she had pains that would come on right side of stomach she called it a stitch , it would come and go on and off . She, does not eat a lot of meat and prefer fish, eats yogurt, creams cheese, but dont drink milk. Was reading an article about magnesium for life transdermal magnesium chloride therapy on the internet jut look it up and they talk about magnesium and theosulfate that is aproduct put into fish tanks and to process photos that you need to use it just one small granuel three times a week to stop calcification has anyone heard about it.

Have any of you got scans done to check your problem out never thought aboutliver problems Please pray that everything will be all right I will keep you posted as she goes on the 19th of JULY for MRI after the results, please dont neglect any pain,

Have you looked at Chagas Disease? AND, what medications have you taken??? Have you taken Flagyl?

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Please consider Pancreatitis, I had gallbladder out at first they said sludge, but after said "bad cells". The upper back pain, bloating, nausea after eating, with bouts of acute to chronic pancreatits, thats what I have, the acute pain, no pain killers help but iv meds in hospital. Chronic can be where it leads to, but those are also symptoms to be evaluated for pancreatic/liver function, including cancer esp, if you notice gray stool, dark urine, or jandice, yellowing of skin. Its a painful disease, so be proactive, especially if you are in alot of pain, because it does cause miserable pain esp. with eating.

I think it's a lack of healthy functioning gut flora, or perhaps a parasitic bacteria. I was waking up with back pain and after experimenting with my diet I discovered it doesn't happen when I eat meat. We are completely dependent upon healthy functioning gut flora for survival and they have DNA of their own. This should be the crux of the medical discipline, in my opinion. The processed food that we eat, the chemical additives, the complete over-sterilization of everything in our society, and medicines like antibiotics and vaccines all kill off gut flora, which replenishes but not as diverse. We can't assimilate nutrients if we don't have gut flora (probiotics). Period. The things we put in our body would just sit there and break down with the enzymes that are already found in them, and our body would have to go through hell trying to pass it through our digestive track. Listen to this interview for more information on an even more crucial aspect - the correlation between gut flora and psychology. Have you ever seen a horse colic? Something goes wrong in their digestive system and a message is sent to their brain that shuts their entire body down - they don't eat, drink, or go to the bathroom, they just wait for death. I think of autism as a similar reaction:  Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride on GAPS Nutritional Program I definitely want more information about gut flora and it's diversity, and how this correlates to good health. If you have any information up that alley, please feel free to reply. If you disagree... well I'm convinced of this the crucial need for healthy functioning gut flora, and I don't think anything you will tell me will sway me. Though, I'm not 100% positive that is the reason eating meat makes me wake up with back pain, though I'm fairly certain it is, because it is definitely the backbone of the digestive process.

Well I feel bad for all of you people that are having this problem but i will say it does make me feel a little better to know that im not totally alone here.  I have had issues with my stomach for some time now.  I have pain in my stomach between ribs and feel very bloated.  Sometimes it feels hard to touch and very sensitive.  The pain radiates into my rib cage and all the way into my back.  The pain in back and ribs are constant and just feel like muscle pain but have not done anything to cause this type of pain.  I can feel this way for  a few weeks and then I will feel better for awhile. Right now it is at is worse ever.  Cannot eat or even drink without being miserable with the bloated feeling and pain in upper stomach.  Just water alone will do it to me and Im starting to loose weight and worry about dehydration since I am one to get dehydrated easitly.  Feel weak and also have palpitations occasionally but feel that it is probably just my body stressing from lack of food and water.  Have had an ultrasoun and nothing showed up as abnormal.  I know they looked at my gallbladder, liver and appendix.  Had the bacteria test ran and it was negative so they dont think its and ulcer.  How can someone be so stinking miserable and yet they cant find anything wrong.  Am seeing a Gi specialist in about a month but at the rate im loosing weight i will be skin and bones by then. 

Hi 4mbaker What is the name of the bacteria test was it a stool sample or blood test usually if the pain goes to the back and radiates in different places could be gall stones my friend had to do two ultra sound s before they found out it was the gall bladder but if it is localised in one spot it could be different, want to know if anyone has the pain above naval, and bottom of chest in between naval and bottom chest, the e pain is gassy bloated crampy feeling, the last attack my daugeter had was in the same area but this time she felt nauseated it lasted about 20 mts where as the other time it lasted a day in May 14 it went and came back on the 15 and then again 29th May and was there the next day crampy. bloated gassy feel. Barium Ultrasound stated patchy liver calcification MRI on 19th June stated that calcification is better seen on scans and everything said notmal study, do you thing calcification are not MRI sensitive. Dr said that if she has the pain again will send her for a gastroscopy, is there any other test that she needs to do, She did a full blood test was also tested for coeliac disease and it was normal however her *MCH 26.7pg, *MCHC-21.1g/dl, Dr said were slightly below since 2008 by (.3-.5) , even though her B12 and folate were all normal including her iron studies and ferratine, and would do a blood test in 6 months again also her vitamin D is low 29, also read this article that was written by a docotor who was trying to find the symptoms of a patient who had been having stomach pains for over 12 months View Full Profile Medical Editor: William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR View Full Profile When a medical problem comes on quickly or occurs periodically over a longer period, it is often best to move quickly and make a diagnosis while symptoms are still present; the more serious the problem, the greater the urgency. Nevertheless, urgency should never replace careful and complete diagnostic testing, as is illustrated by a recent experience. I was asked to see a patient, a young man in his late twenties, who for several years had been having episodes of abdominal pain. There was nothing very distinctive about the pain except that it would last from hours to one or two days and then disappear. During the episodes, he would not eat; he also noted some nausea. He had visited an emergency room once, but only limited testing had been done, and no diagnosis was made. At a later time, he had been seen by a gastroenterologist who had performed an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. No abnormalities were found by endoscopy. The patient was healthy except for the bouts ofabdominal pain. Despite discussing his medical history in detail and examining him, I could find no clues to the cause of his problem. Since the episodes always resolved completely, I thought the best course of action would be to see him during an episode of pain. By examining the patient during an episode, I hoped to be able to decide on the best diagnostic course. It took almost 12 months, but finally, early one morning I got a call from the patient. A typical episode of abdominal pain was beginning. I told him to have someone drive him to my office where I'd meet him. When we met, he was in severe pain, and his abdomen was very tender to the touch. I had not expected such severity and was a bit puzzled. Fortunately, I shared the office with a general surgeon who was used to dealing with abdominal emergencies. He also was impressed by the severity of the episode and recommended that the patient be sent to the emergency room. He was concerned that surgery might be required and also felt that diagnostic testing could be expedited from the emergency room. In the emergency room, routine blood and urine testing were normal. There was no fever. Because of the severity of the symptoms, a CT scan was chosen as the first test. The scan was obtained quickly. It showed an area of swelling within the abdomen that was interpreted by a radiologist as a segment of the small intestine. Several hours passed and the patient was feeling more comfortable, having been given potent medication for the pain. His abdomen was less tender. Our recommendation to the patient was that he should be admitted to the hospital for observation and further testing. The patient was very reluctant because all prior episodes, even those of equal severity, had resolved completely within a day or two. I finally struck a deal with the patient. I would agree with his going home if he promised to return early the next morning for a barium X-ray of the small intestine. (We still did not know the cause of the intestinal swelling and I hoped the X-ray would identify the cause.) I took the CT scan to the gastrointestinal radiologist who would be performing the X-ray the following day and reviewed it with him in preparation for the X-ray. (He agreed with the prior interpretation of the scan.) The following morning, the small intestinal X-ray was performed. It was normal! The astute radiologist, however, not having found an abnormal segment of the small intestine, followed the barium not only until it entered the large intestine (colon), but as it traveled through the first part of the colon--something that is not generally done as part of a small intestinal X-ray examination. By doing so, he identified a narrowing in the middle of the colon. Clearly, the CT scan had been interpreted incorrectly. The patient now needed a colonoscopy so that the abnormal area could be examined and biopsied. By this time, however, the patient was feeling much better and refused to return during the next day or two for a colonoscopy. I was disappointed because the opportunity to define the exact cause of the problem would be missed (as well as the chance to determine the most appropriate treatment). However, we had at least defined the exact location of the problem. This might be useful if surgery was required in the future. It also might expedite the diagnostic approach to further episodes, i.e., a prompt colonoscopy. The most important lesson from this experience was the importance of timely, expeditious, and complete diagnostic testing. A secondary lesson was that no test (for example, CT scan) is infallible, particularly when human interpretation is involved. The final lesson was the importance of a skilled and prepared radiologist who is able to go beyond the limits of a standard X-ray examination. REFERENCE: MedscapeReference.com. Abdominal Examination. Last Editorial Review: 7/26/2012 Share This Article Printer FriendlyEmail a FriendAdd to Favorites Regards Heather

Have them check your liver. I had some of these same symptoms. It turned out I had multiple tumors in my liver. I had to have 2 of them removed. One was the size of a soft ball the other the size of a golf ball plus 15% of my liver removed. Mine were caused by taking birth control pills. A liver tumor specialist is the only one who can really diagnos these. I am feeling some better. I hope this helps.

Christy