Having the exact same symptoms, did you ever get a diagnosis?

Hi - not sure if anyone is still tracking these posts (I see that some of them are quite old). I, too, have had many of these symptoms - nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation, terrible back pain - for years. I have a history of food allergies (dairy and corn) so was petty certain about the source all but the back pain. Answer: GLUTEN. It is highly unlikely that an MD will give you much information on Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance or even know much about it (unless you blessed with a truly enlightened doctor). Best bet: stop eating gluten and talk to a Naturopath. See if it helps. In my case, my intestines were badly damaged from the gluten - whenever I ate ANYTHING with gluten in it (not just bread and pasta, but other things you wouldn't necessarily think of - like beer (that was a tough one - fortunately, there is gluten-free beer - I've learned a lot...)), I was in horrible pain. I changed my diet and also started taking supplements from my Naturopath, to heal the damage (it takes awhile before your body will start functioning 'normally' again in terms of constipation, etc.). If you do not have access to non-Western medicine or do not want to go that route, just go gluten-free and see if that helps. Also read up on Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease - the information is out there. Good luck!

hi cindy....

firstly i cannot believe you have the exact same symptons as i... i have just ad a 24 hr urine test and its come back negative. Tomorrow i go to clinc ( colorectal). Dont give up persisting with your doctor, it is your human right.

Best of luck

Gillian

Hi i have had the same problems, last yr i finaly had a dr to operate, i had scar tissue around my intestins, and also ahyrnia he repared, also the fasit that covers the stomach had moved. And torn and was behind my rt side of the colon. I went through lots of test and every surgin was afrade to even atemp my problem they all said we see nothing on any test, but somtimes u cant see through mud if u dont put ur hands in it. I was very thankful for my obgyn he is the one who listend and this is not the first time this man had saved my life. There are still a few good doctors left. AMEN

I just went to my Dr. yesterday with the same upper back symptoms, and he immediately thought of ovarian cancer. He has scheduled a CAT scan.

I have had the same things going on for four months...mine was H pylori bacteria caused peptic ulcers.

hi everyone, 
sorry ..but i am glad to know i am not alone here. i am so depressed already on my situation. Everytime i eat it feels like my food is stuck in my throat i feel a pressure on my right side chest and discomfort on my upper back particularly on my right side.I even went ot the emergency room thinking i was having heart attack but they did an ECG it was normal ..they gave me famotidine for acid reflux..it went fine for a week or two but now it is back. I went to see my doctor and she didn't even look on my throat just prescribed me Nexium.after i took it the lump feeling stuck on my throat it feels like it went down but still i still have a pain my upper belly after i eat and it shoots to the back.Everyday i have a sore throat.I don'tknow why. It feels like food is stuck there. Today i have no pain in my upper stomach but i have again the pressure in my back..like something is crawling and heavy there!!! so uncomfortable!! tommorow i have to have sonogram for my stomach and will try to have a EGD ?? i think :) ..i really wanna know whats going on. If I eat i feel shitty...and if I dont i feel shitty..what can I do???? pls help!!! if anybody know about my symptoms pls tell me. I am crying mostly everyday because it is so uncomfortable. 

velvet decker wrote:

jpinpb wrote:

Cindy - I have similar problems. I'm now 47. Been having back pain on and off for almost 4 years. First thought I somehow hurt myself at the gym. Went to three different chiros. No help.

I'm a vegetarian and quite health conscious. Don't smoke or drink, etc.

The pain in the back would wake me up at night/early morning. Felt like someone punched me in the back. Most times it was in center of back, thoracic area between the shoulder blades. Sometimes after I eat the pain was behind my right shoulder blade.

I didn't know what to think. Thought it was an aortic aneurysm. Went to cardio. He didn't do much. Didn't think so. Thought it was more a posterior protruding ulcer. Did a liver ultrasound. Nothing telling.

Went to GP. Did blood tests. No h. pylori. Did stool test. No blood. Ruled out ulcer. Friend tells me about her gallbladder. Describes my symptoms. I go back to GP. Ordered an u/s. No gallstones. Another set of blood tests. Liver function panel fine. No h.pylori. Did stool test. Fine. GI doc says ulcer. Take Prilosec. I fight him on it. Why. No reason to. Nothing to say I have ulcer. Does an endoscopy. Definitely rules out ulcer.

Pain continues. I monitor everything I eat. Used to sit down w/bowl of broccoli - anticancer and all that. Pain would be unbearable. No more beans for protein. Too gassy. Everything points to gallbladder. Insist on HIDA scan. They say ejection fraction 11%. Have gallbladder removed.

I went to see another GI yesterday for second opinion. He says no gallstones, does not recommend removal. Gallbladder fills fine. Sometimes emptying can vary. Depends on whatever. Could even be hormonal. The bloating he says is related to IBS. Recommends ginger and peppermint pills.

Been taking that and helps w/bloating. But this morning woke up w/the pain in the middle of my back. Felt like someone kicked me in my back. Felt nauseous. Still feeling it 5 hours later. WTF.

The mystery continues. :-(

just curious..did all the pain went away after you had it done?

Have you tried a paleo diet? look for someone nearby on paleo physicians network.org. make sure you are getting your micro nutrients and at least 2000 calories a day. difficult with cooked veggies, esp excluding potatoes and grains. I recommend coconut milk smoothies for a short term fix and trying to increase your meat digestion if you aren't opposed to eating animal products by cooking in a crock pot and using"super enzymes" available at your local supplement store or online to get your meat digestion back on track. fish is acceptable meat replacement, if not interested try increasing saturated fat intake for calories and supplement epa and dha, essential fats that your body can't manufacture

I had symptoms for days where I would have pain in the abdomen and swelling in the front, felt like I was going to bust open.  I was also having pain in my upper right back, shoulder blades.  Turns out I had pancreatitis.  I ended up in the hospital, because I didn't eat carefully in order to allow my pancreas to rest.

Hi everyone, I have just read all of your stories/replys and have suffered ALL the symptoms above. I have had my gall bladder removed but still suffered the same symptons.

I then had a colonoscope and the local GP found that I was suffering Crohn's Disease, I have cronic back pain all the time but can keep my Crohn's under control when I am on the right diet and don't drink alcohol or smoke.

I am a fit 30yr old and have never been overweight, I have flare ups of Crohn's every few years or causing severe dizziness and nausea, bloating and excruciating back pain, stress and unhealthy habits are the main cause.

I suggest that all of you see your local doctor and request a colonoscope and see if you suffer Crohn's as well.

Braith.

you just have gallstones that hurt you after meals eaten. You need to do a gall bladder flush. Look it up on the internet

Hi

I have been getting really bad upper back pains after I eat and it seems to be getting worse..I just dont want to eat..also have bloating and gas all the time like what is this..I have had so many tests and they said I have stones and I am on a waiting list to remove my Gallbladder but I am thinking about it still as I have read so many negative things about it like weight gain, feeling sick etc etc and the specalist said to me that she is not sure the back pains will go if I remove my Gallbladder as the pain is not in my rib cage at the front its the back..I would really like to hear positive stories and if anyone has this pain..

I'm having VERY similar problems - they actually did REMOVE my gallbladder but the same pain has come back. Sometimes my stomach feels hard and is in a lot of pain. I don't know what's wrong either.

I am 40F.  I have the same symptoms.  It has been going on for about 3 months.  Back pain between my shoulder blades that radiates down my back, severe gas, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and depression.  I've had an endoscopy, CT with and without contrast, ultrasound and a HIDA scan.  They thought it was my gallbladder but isn't.  The pain is more than I can bare.  They just can't figure out what is wrong and I am at the end of my rope with this.  I can't eat and even drinking water bloats me up.  The top of my abdomen gets hard and bloated if I eat or drink anything.  Already lost 15 pounds and I am sure I am gonna lose more since I can't eat any solid food.  I hope someone figures this out.